FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The RSVPs have started coming in! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The RSVPs have started coming in!
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought that Boon was coming too.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoops. I think she is.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
Fugu, I'll probably either fly or, if it's feasible, take the train (never done that before though). My car's having transmission trouble, so I wouldn't feel right depriving the household of one of the remaining functional ones for a long weekend. Have you made your arrangements yet?
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Not quite yet, I'm definitely taking a plane if I can't find a car ride. I'll probably buy tickets soon.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
I once again wanted to extend the invitation Nicole and I posted on another thread (perhaps I should make another?). We will be driving from Omaha to Des Moine and then up to the wedding, so we could easily give a lift from the airport to up to 3 people. We are leaving for the hotel sometime on Friday the first and heading back home (with a possible stop at the airport) on sunday.

Or if anyone finds cheaper tickets to Omaha, we can pick you up here.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Xavier, I'm keeping track of who needs pick-ups/drop-offs and who is offering in the Wedding Arrival times thread, and I'll match people up as needed when it looks like everyone's posted their times in/out. At the moment, there seems to be only two people who are flying into Des Moines and not renting cars, so if you and Val are coming through to pick up one and Farmgirl or Boon get the other, we're golden. [Smile]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah - at the moment if I pick up anyone ON THE WAY up to Ames, I can only take one, because there will already be three people in my vehicle. However, if I go to Ames first and drop off some of my load, then I can make a trip back to the airport, no problem.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
ElJay, am I one of the two you are counting? Am I not getting in earlier than the driving-in people? [Confused]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Yuo are one of the people I am counting. I'm not sure what time the driving in people will be passing through... FG probably won't be able to get you, but Val and Xavier might. But if they can't, I will pick you up myself. [Smile] One of them will probably have to take you back, though, because I'll have to leave before you will be in order to make it up here for the post-wedding family dinner and debriefing. [Big Grin]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

You know, me and Val picking up rivka (and returning her to the airport) would be perfect, since I owe her a ride, and will never be able to return the favor any other way [Smile] .

[ March 14, 2005, 09:28 AM: Message edited by: Xavier ]

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
However, if I go to Ames first and drop off some of my load,
Strenuously objects to being referred to as "a load" [Wave]

[ March 14, 2005, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

Surely I was only referring to the suitcases, punwit!

[Wink] FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Xav, if that works out for you two, it would be great! [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work for us rivka. So long as our schedules line up (though we can adjust to accommodate you). We're driving in sometime on Friday and driving home sometime on Sunday. So as you can see, we're pretty flexible [Wink] .

When you flying in/out?

Edit: Oh and I have been told that we can bring two people max. I was thinking three in the back seat, but I didn't consider luggage. So two max.

[ March 14, 2005, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: Xavier ]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
"Surely I was only referring to the suitcases, punwit!"

Now she is calling you Shirley, Punwit. Just spelling it wrong.

Shirley the Load. Poor thing.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

My flight is scheduled to arrive at DSM @ 9:50 am on the 1st, and the flight out is scheduled to leave @ 6:31 pm.
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party] [Party] [Party] [Party]

[Party] [Party] [Party] [Party]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.