FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Black Thursday??? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Black Thursday???
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh]
quote:
Wow, isn't there some law about bringing up the historicity of the Book of Mormon in an argument? We could call it Wodgin's Law.
[ROFL]

Guilty as charged. I hereby promise not to make that specific analogy ever again. Promise.

Now, about those Lamanite DNA samples . . .

Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
These bastards who run our country are a bunch of conniving, thieving, smug pricks who need to be brought down and removed and replaced with a whole new system that we control.
Michael Moore
Dude, Where's My Country?

Never read that before. But hey, he's insulting, but basically he's just calling them rich greedy aristocats, but says nothing about whether or not they are evil people who hate America.

quote:
But in the words of the CGD, military aid doesn't count because "one country's security enhancement is another's destabilizing intervention" – you know, the way U.S. soldiers "destabilized" France in 1944.
Just a piece of the fun gibberish that Coulter doles out. I find it hard to believe that she is seriously comparing post world war two france with post war Iraq. It's been awhile since I've seen Iraqis throwing flowers in the streets at passing parades of Americans. More like molotov cocktails at Bradleys.

I still can't put Coulter and Moore on the same scale. I'll agree that the way they say things is equally coarse, but Coulter says things that so wildly unfounded it makes her sound silly. She reminds me of two drunken guys in a bar fight swinging broken bottles at each other. She says whatever she thinks she needs to say to sound inflammatory.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
but Coulter says things that so wildly unfounded it makes her sound silly.
First, he called them thieves, not just greedy. Second, Moore's lies and half-truths are well-documented, and much of what he says makes him sound silly.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
First, he called them thieves, not just greedy. Second, Moore's lies and half-truths are well-documented, and much of what he says makes him sound silly
Alright, I won't disagree with you on that point, because I know Moore does exaggerate things and such, though quite frankly I don't listen to him all that often.

But I'm not so much arguing for Moore, as I am arguing against Coulter, who I think is far worse than Moore. You'd think as a member of the party in power she would want to do more to unite the nation, get something worth while done while they are there. Instead she calls Liberals evil anti-American, American hating fools. Hardly the in the spirit of uniting.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I agree. I think we'd be better off if Coulter and Moore never published anything again.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think we'd be better off if Coulter and Moore never published anything again.
[smug british accent]
Here, here!
[/smug british accent]

Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I agree with that.
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Do you suppose we could get them to agree to that? If one breaks down and publishes, the other's allowed to, too?

I've never given either of them a single cent, but I would be willing to throw a dollar a year into the pot just to get them to shut up. I bet if everyone who feels the same did they'd make just as much money and we wouldn't have to listen to them. Or more importantly, to other people gripe about them.

Edit: Language, so as not to offend Noemon.

[ January 12, 2005, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.