FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » DallasCon: Make your reservations, please! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: DallasCon: Make your reservations, please!
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Considering that senior finals start Monday, I'm sure my students would be positively thrilled. [Razz]

I, OTOH, believe one broken leg per family per year is more than sufficient.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
It might be hard to drag rivka around the faire with a broken leg, tho...

I wonder how far Dallas is from my parents' house. I might consider coming but I wouldn't know for a long while. Probably can't, though.

[ January 12, 2005, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: Theca ]

Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*giggle* *thinks of old golfing joke*

"Hit the ball, drag Jack. Hit the ball, drag Jack . . ."

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never heard that one, but we could get you a wheelchair. [Big Grin] [Razz]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Golf joke.

[Razz] You're just full of sweet ideas.

[ January 13, 2005, 12:42 AM: Message edited by: rivka ]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*giggles at the joke*

*giggles evilly and plans to kidnap Rivka and make her cook for her sometimes and provide entertainment the rest of the time*

I loved your chicken salad, btw. *gives Rivka an angelic smile*

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
*bumped for Tink*
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

[Angst]

I think I have a stalker!

*hides*

Tink
Member # 7267

- posted      Profile for Tink   Email Tink         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Farmgirl!

I don't know yet what is going on, but I think that weekend would work for me (possibly us). I'm in West Fort Worth, so I'd be staying at my own home - Dallas is only 45 minutes away or so. I think zoos, museums, aquarium, etc. sounds like a lot of fun - but I'm a big kid myself. (;

Posts: 25 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Cool, Tink! That's a bit far of a drive for me, but then, I live about 30 mins. or less from most of the hotels and I'm still staying in the hotel, just for fun. [Smile] Out of curiosity, are your smilies left-handed or something (not to be rude, I've just never seen them like that before).
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

And Rivka, you can come out now. I promise not to keep you. I can't speak for anyone else, though. [Wink]
Tink
Member # 7267

- posted      Profile for Tink   Email Tink         Edit/Delete Post 
KQ, I explained it a bit in the thread Beverly started to welcome me, but I started putting smilies in e-mails before I knew what an emoticon was or that there was a "right" way to do it. To me, a sideways smiley is a sideways smiley - no matter which way you tilt it. So I've been stubborn and have stuck to the way I started. (;
Posts: 25 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Ah. So will you click on the buttons when you want to put a [Wink] in, or will you avoid them completely? [Eek!] [Big Grin]
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
Swing Dancing. 'Nuff Said.
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

[No No] Only if you promise at least one swing dance with an old lady like me, CalvinMaker!

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone gets a dance! :-)
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

*takes notes*
rivka
Member # 4859

No pumpkin shells, eh? Ok. [Smile]
Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Everyone gets a dance! :-)
Even if we're sure to step all over your feet?

I don't necessarily need to go swing dancing, but going out dancing would definitely be a big plus for me.

The RennFest would be fun, and I can help with transportation to it since I'd be driving to Dallas. I'd also be willing to help wiht airport duty if we don't have a hotel with a shuttle. Of course, I can't guarantee that I won't get lost...

Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I think we're definitely either going to have a shuttle, or find another solution that does not involve people attending the Con driving to and from the airport. Thank you for the offer, though, and if some of us want to go to Scarborough Faire, I'm sure you'll be taken up on your offer to drive. [Smile]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Bumped to make sure we get more answers on what we want to do.

I start calling hotels next week, now would be a really good time to tell me if you want to come. Thanks. [Smile]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

To sum up, we have 10 to 15 for Memorial Day weekend, right? I'll start calling places tomorrow.
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
I need a hotel that will leave a mint on my pillow [Smile]

(you know, for morning breath)

Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

[ROFL] If it's cheap enough, will you settle for me handing you one as you exit your room? [Wink] [Razz]

Also: I need names of people who have a May or June birthday and would like their name on a cake. So far I have me and Jim's son Will. Anyone else? [Smile]

Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
Me. [Smile]

June 14

Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Okay.

So far we have:

Me
Will
Katie

(I'm keeping a list here so I'll be able to go back to it when it's time to order a cake, since I seem to lose lists.)

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Oh, and will we want chocolate, white, or marble cake? (I'm planning on getting it from a kosher bakery, so Rivka, please weigh in.) (I'm assuming they have the standard varieties, too.)
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
CHOCOLATE [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

That would be my choice, as well, but do we have anyone who can't eat chocolate?
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

CHOCOLATE!!!!!

(two votes from our household)

rivka
Member # 4859

Chocolate sounds good. [Wink]
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
(pokes head into thread) Whass going on here?

<--- June Birthday.

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Ryuko, are you coming? If you are, you can have your name on the May/June birthday cake. [Smile]
Ryuko
Member # 5125

When is it... :/ I'm not overly optimistic about my ability to get from here (MN) to there (TX). O_o far away....
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Memorial Day weekend. And if it's for your birthday, maybe we can take up a collection or find you a carpool or something. There's an idea-- I think Farmgirl is driving, maybe you could fly to KS and then ride with her?
Ryuko
Member # 5125

[Frown] No go. Memorial day weekend is always promised to my uncle in Wisconsin. I'm sorry, folks. I'ma come to another get-together sometime, I promise.

edit: That is, of course I am. BobNDanacon.

[ January 24, 2005, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: Ryuko ]

Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh! I have a birthday very close to Memorial day. But I can't make it to DallasCon. At least, I'm pretty sure my family has plans already.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

[Frown] How sad. Sorry to miss you both.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

So, everyone liked chocolate, right? Good. I'll put that in my planning file.

(Now's the time to speak up if you don't eat chocolate.)

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

In another thread, someone brought this up: is anyone interested in a talent show, possibly followed by a jam if we get enough musicians? I'm thinking Sat. night would be good for it. Who's interested? We can do spur-of-the-moment skits, songs, anyone who has a hard case can bring a guitar (I can also have a guitar and mandolin available if anyone plays and doesn't want to bring their own), you can dance, tell jokes, whatever. Sound fun?
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
KQ, e-mail me if there's a lot of interest in this... I may be able to provide some support here...
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Ooh! KetchupQueen -what a good idea!

I'll see if Ivygirl and I can do a duet of some kind (singing)

Farmgirl

(p.s. - or maybe Karaoke?)

[ January 28, 2005, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Maybe karaoke could be an option after a talent show? I'd love to include people who don't like to sing, but who will dance, recite poetry, read from something they wrote, or tell jokes for us. Karaoke is fun, though! Either someone could bring a machine, we could rent one, or we could all go out.
rivka
Member # 4859

I volunteer to be in the audience. [Big Grin]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

rivka, I think your talent is "putting up with guff from a pre-adolescent daughter". Maybe you can just bring a tape so we can watch it. [Wink] [Razz]
rivka
Member # 4859

*snort* After today, I think I agree with that assessment . . . but why on earth would I want to relive it? [Wink]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Because your other talent is suffering serenely for the sake of your fellow Hatrackers? [Razz]
rivka
Member # 4859

*snicker*

Nice try.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Wow. Snorting, snickering... Rivka's on a roll tonight with the rude sounds! [Razz]
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

Any chance that someone might be able to borrow a drumset out there?

Otherwise I guess I can just bring my guitar and mandolin, though Drums is my main instrument.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.