FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A potentially shady thread (be warned, it involves women's undergarments) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A potentially shady thread (be warned, it involves women's undergarments)
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Dealing with the mice is hard. A couple of years ago, the last time I had a mouse problem, I3 offered to come over and empty my traps for me. I kinda scoffed at him and said I could handle it... but really, it was just to keep myself from jumping at the offer. He probably doesn't even remember it, but it was the first thing that popped into my head when I heard the first trap go off... "I could just call Nate, and he'd take care of it..." But I won't let myself do that. I will be an adult, and deal with things I don't like.

Um, to an extent. The last time there was a dead, half-eaten thing in my yard my dad was coming over later that day anyway, so I left it and asked him to take care of it.

Anyway, I can emphasize with you to an extent... mice are not my worst thing, I have other little tics that I deal with. For the most part, I remain a well-functioning member of society. [Wink] But sometimes I do need to remove myself to my little space where I control everything and stay there and not let anyone in. I've done all my remodeling work myself with my family's help, and that is including ripping walls out. Partially because it's a lot cheaper, but also because this way I get exactly what I want and I don't have to let strangers in.

Anyway, I hope you win the Extreme Make-over thing. [Smile] You deserve it.

[ December 26, 2004, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

quote:

quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I haven't worn anything larger than a thong in at least a decade
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Even on heavy-flow days?

I stand by my statement, and decline to comment further.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
What a coincidence, ElJay!
I haven't worn anything as small as a thong in at least a decade.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

[Wink]
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I read on this forum a long while ago that it was possible to acquire thongs that say "Democracy is Sexy" or perhaps "Voting is Sexy". Does anyone know where to find such things? I'm thinking about getting one for my GF as a joke (not that I mind if she wears it [Wink] ).
Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
"Democracy is Sexy" thongs were distributed for free during the last Canadian election by the Edmonton-based group Apathy is Boring, IIRC. If I'd had a girlfriend I would have done my utmost to get her one [Smile]

Edit:

And if I ever meet a girl who owns one... well.

[ December 27, 2004, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: twinky ]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
We're right across the street from the Methodist church, who are a friendly bunch, and God love them, but I wish they'd ignore me.
Maybe if you wore a thong while you raked, those good Methodists would be too embarassed to talk to you.

"Don't look, but there's that weird lady raking in her underwear again. Don't make eye contact. Just keep walking."

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.