FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What's the best gift you're giving this year? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What's the best gift you're giving this year?
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't think I gave any great gifts this year, but my mother just called yesterday and left a message raving about hers. She is blind, and I discovered a few years ago that she wasn't wearing jewelry not because she didn't like it, but because it was so difficult to take on and off. I've gotten her stretchy bracelets and similar items that she loves. This year I got her a gold magnetic clasp. You attach the two halves of this clasp to the two ends of a necklace or bracelet. Then the magnet holds the necklace together but is easily removed just by tugging hard on it. I also got her a magnetic pin. You attach a regular pin to one magnet, and attach it to clothing with the other magnet on the other side of the cloth. She can't believe how well they work. I got them from www.qvc.com and they are great presents for anyone who has poor hand coordination or poor vision.
Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.