FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » As Darkness Rises... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: As Darkness Rises...
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
We ARE going to have WenchCon on Martin Luther King Jr. Day, aren't we???

ROTK EE and all that, neh?

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Making plans for fun to come is a great way to get through the dark, gloomy months, too -

And I just have to say how happy I am to be in company of other people that read and loved and dreamed of living Susan Cooper's wonderful creation -

[Smile]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
How could you not? [Hail] Susan Cooper
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
I so very, very much miss you guys. I even had some WenchCon dreams lately... *sigh*

I'm still hip deep in this Crappy Martial Arts Book That won't DIE! erm, so I have made zero plans.

YOu guys wanna do it in the midwest this year, or re-visit Atlanta? I can get the same hotel at the same rate, but I don't have the time to go looking for a better deal. [Frown]

*Grabs some Jenny Snuggles while the gettin's good*

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
MLK Jr day will be on January 17 this year, I believe. We could do the Midwest get-together in January instead of December (more people, less holiday frenzy), if everyone is agreeable.

Mind you, I'd love to go back to Atlanta, but I think Olivia vowed to submerge herself in a lake of fire before organizing another of these things. *grin

Whaddaya think?

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Do a significant number of people actually get MLK Jr.'s birthday off work?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom doesn't your school get it off? I've found most schools and government offices do get it off. Of course I don't.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
If ONLY you all lived in France... [Big Grin]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
You know, that would help brighten this gloom winter [Smile] I'm up for it, if you still allow non-wenches to come that is. [Wink] [Wink]
Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
*is curious* So what state in the mid-west is being decided upon? I'd love to attend if it's close enough.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't like winter, but i don't get depressed, either. Believe me, I've tried.

My wife gets the winter blues, though. I dread the shorter days because of that. I do believe we are going to migrate south eventually.

Do light therapy lamps really work?

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Realizing I'm not a wench, although certain parts of East Germany might disagree:

I can take a stab at organizing this if you'd like to explore the Atlanta option.

I blame Maui - I've got tourguide on the brain. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh*

You have to go do fun things when I can't come?

Of course, I shouldn't be greedy. That's when I'm in Hawaii. I'll make WenchCon IV, if there is one.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
T- if you can find a good place for cheap and work out getting people there from the airport, I'd be willing to help out a bit. The thing is we'd need a place to screen the movies, which probably means a meeting room of some sort, since my place isn't big enough for everyone (and my Beloved is opposed to me planning to have a housefull of people that *I'VE* never even met before (though most of 'em I have, by now)).

So... Hotel, transportaion (I can help with that a bit)and meeting place. YOu get that, and basically you've got WenchCon III.

I'd be pro Atlanta, just because it's easy for me and not so cold as some places. But whatever. [Smile]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Aww, frell.

I'm totally booked until June at the earliest, and completely broke. Stupid school, and farm and horses. Why do they have to have babies anyway?

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.