FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Really sad news... (now with a picture... link on the second page) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Really sad news... (now with a picture... link on the second page)
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
((Raia)) [Frown] I hope you find your answers soon...
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
There are all sorts of stories and rumors skipping around the papers today... some say she killed herself, some say he pushed her, some say she fell. I don't know who to believe. The most common story is that she talked of suicide but didn't mean it, they drank some alcohol together, and it got out of control. But some also say that they drank, had some sort of sexual intercourse, and then she killed herself. Some people think that maybe she jumped because she was pregnant. I don't know WHAT to think, but it's all too horrible... nobody believes a single word the boy says. He claims that she stood on the window sill and asked him to push her. When he refused, she jumped. All the articles are in Hebrew, otherwise I'd post a link to an online one... but it's too horrible. It's all just so awful.

[Cry]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
((((((((((Raia))))))))))
I'm so sorry I can't do anything else.

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry, Raia.

I wouldn't listen to the rumors. When my boyfriend was out of school while his brother was dying, I heard he moved to France. People who didn't know her well just want a good story. Unfortunately, no one ever thinks what that does to the people who loved her.

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
So so true. When I was in high school a guy had a heart attack, and he didn't die. The next day, everyone told that he has had too much heroïn and that he died.
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Gentle healing hugs to Raia and her entire family. Please let me know if I can do anything, my AIM name is in my profile and I'm usually connected.

Oh, and Trevor, how about we send Noemon out to go hunt this guy down and pun him into submission?

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Thank you for your support everyone.

I just got back to the computer, after I spent over an hour and a half lying on the couch in the living room, crying, and not saying a single word to anyone. I (and of course, the rest of my family as well) am just engulfed by misery... the days are unbearable. The nights are worse.

Is there nothing that makes this easier? [Frown]

I can't even talk to a friend on the phone or something, because I lost my voice.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Noemon's last post was in unintentionally poor taste, hence my comment.

Time heals most, if not all wounds Raia - you cannot bypass the healing process and I'm afraid it involves a great deal of pain.

It's hard to believe, but things will get better and you will appreciate life and the people in your life so much more for your loss.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry, Raia.
Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
Time. Friends. Family.

They don't necessarly make it easier, but they make it bareable.

I also find doing something, anything so I don't feel so helpless and miserable helps... I took up knitting when my mother died, just to keep my hands busy and me somewhat distracted. (I was in hospital so my "to do" was limited, I read, I slept, I knitted and I sat in front of the tv).

((((((hugs)))))))

Try to avoid the media, it won't help and they don't know the "truth".

Take care of yourself. Make sure you family also takes care of themselves. Make sure to eat.

I'm so sorry [Frown]

(((((hugs)))))

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
How unbelievably sad. Fourteen years old. I'm so sorry, Raia. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Raia)))
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
((Raia)) You have our prayers, wishes, and shoulders to lean on.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
((((Raia)))) I'm sorry for your loss. ((((Raia))))
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

The funeral is tomorrow. Hopefully that'll provide some closure, right? [Frown]

Again, thanks a million everyone. Your comments are not going unnoticed.

Raia
Member # 4700

Tiltan (my cousin)
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] (((Raia)))
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
What a beautiful girl. I'm so sorry. [Frown]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
(shani, maya and family)

Darling I don't know how to cope with this, but it will get better and we're all thinking about you.

Sarah's mom

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

The funeral was today.

There were many speakers, and everything they said was beautiful. I was touched to see how many people were there. Many of the speakers were students from Tiltan's class, who wanted to try and let her know how much they loved her. It was a really tough ceremony, but hopefully she knows she's loved. [Frown]

Oh... and six cellphones went off during the ceremony. SIX! [Mad]

Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Six cellphones went off during the funeral??? That's terrible!!!

*hug*

I hope that things are starting to get better. You'll never forget, but hopefully remembering will get easier soon.

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad you went to the funeral - it's important not only for your own well-being but to the family as well.

And you'd think the first thing everyone would do when they heard the first ring was turn off their own phones.

Sheesh.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Raia)))))

I'm so sorry.

Jen

Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
::hugs little sister:: You have my numbers if you need me, little one, and I'm always avaliable. (((((Raia))))) It'll get better. It might take a while, but it'll get better.
Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Raia)))
I know how hard this can be. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
((((Raia))))
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I'm sorry if what I wrote was taken as a pun--I had no idea what Trevor was talking about until I went back and looked. I meant nothing of the sort--I was just hoping that you would get solid answers to your questions about how this happened. Sorry that it looks as though that isn't happening. We're all thinking of you Raia.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Raia, the questions must be so hard...she was so lovely.
Oh, I cannot beleive people had cell phones on at a funeral.

So much love and peace to you all....

Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.