FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Why did you vote for Bush? (academic question) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Why did you vote for Bush? (academic question)
gnixing
Member # 768

- posted      Profile for gnixing   Email gnixing         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
As you've effectively just said, unless a person in the administration were to tell you they'd lied, you wouldn't believe it.
this particular administration very well could lie about many things. personally, i believe if there are lies, they are lying to the president. i honestly don't believe he has it in him to lie to or mislead the country. i don't know if he trusts his administration or not, we'll see if he makes any cabinet changes, i suppose.
Posts: 494 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
This is why I voted for Bush.

My Cousin

And why the guy that says "Wrong War, Wrong Place, Wrong Time" while he's over there....doesn't deserve to be his commander in chief.

Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bean Counter
Member # 6001

- posted      Profile for Bean Counter           Edit/Delete Post 
I have seen all my reasons listed but this one.

I am going to Iraq.

I read Unfit For Command, and here is the funny thing, not a single lawsuit has been leveled claiming that these fine soldiers were liars.

They did not Kerry bash, they played Kerry's words back too him, and too us all.

That he came so close to being my Commander in Cheif makes me shudder.

I voted for Gore because before 9-11 my biggest issue was space travel.

Now it is knowing that the man in charge has a noble goal, a solid plan, and the courage of his convictions.

Bush is perhaps the best at recognizing talent that he lacks in other people and giving it resposibility and direction, that take a humble genius.

BC

Posts: 1249 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
There is (unfortunately or fortunately) very little one can do with a lawsuit against people making accusations against a politician except make the politician's opponents go "see, he needs to shut them up so bad he's suing them!"

There's nothing inherently illegal about lying, only about certain types of lies, and even those have very stringent degrees of proof required as to things which are very hard to prove, like intent.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and to make more obvious why your reason that what they say is true is obvious bunk:

There have been lots of lies about Bush told (which ones, who knows, but certainly lots of lies). He has filed no lawsuits against people saying them. Therefore they aren't lies, but truth.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.