FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Help me resist (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Help me resist
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
If you do not read Susannah Clarke's Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell, you will have done yourself great injury without even realizing it. It is a book which must be experienced by all readers worthy of the title.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, I will try that one.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm reading the Red Mars trilogy... awesome stuff. Red Mars, Green Mars, and Blue Mars.

And Wheel of Time isn't that bad... the first four books were actually not bad at all... just the last 10 have become ever more slow...

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I loved the first four books.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If I don't have a great book to read I get a little sad. I suppose that's what comes from being a reading addict.

Me too, Space Opera! And I have a massive library fine, too. [Frown] But, I scored Darwin's Children, the sequel to Darwin's Radio at the wenchcon book exchange, as well as Shadow Puppets, both in hardcover, so I shouldn't whine. [Smile]

I third or fourth recommending The Riddlemaster series, it's one of the best post-Tolkien fantasy series. I have tried to read other Mckillip books, but they weren't as good. I hope it isn't true and she writes something better, but I am afraid that was her masterpiece.

Lyraluthuen, your name comes from a princess in that series, right?

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
how about the young wizard series by diane duan. the first few books might be a little dated since she started writeing the series in the early 80s. and each book can stand alone also.

Young Wizards

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.