FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Agnostic Neopagan; or, Jenny is a Witch (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Agnostic Neopagan; or, Jenny is a Witch
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup. [Smile]
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
So you literally follow the "Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorow we die" thing, eh?

Actually, yes. Why not pack as much joy into existence as possible? Not that I don't have sad times or have to make difficult choices. But when I could choose tasty healthy food over blandness, or barefoot dancing over tv watching, or kissing over arguing, I do so. If I can choose to face my fears and let go of my grudges in order to live more happily, why not? When the choice is between hope and hopelessness, or anger and forgiveness, I don't always take the easiest path. I travel the one that I believe is most beautiful.

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
When the choice is between hope and hopelessness, or anger and forgiveness, I don't always take the easiest path. I travel the one that I believe is most beautiful.
And that was so beautifully stated.
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
I have always been one who did not understand why Paganism and Christianity had to be at odds with one another. Certainly I understand why they *can* be at odds.

One of the things I love about C.S. Lewis is how he blends the joy and celebration found in Paganism with the principles of Christianity. I think the essential difference between the two is recognition of authority. In Christianity, there is a definite authority, one that Christians believe is necessary to our eternal happiness to recognize. In Paganism, there may be forces and deities, but not really an authority. The journey to spirituality is a road you choose yourself, finding your own rules rather than receiving them from a Supreme Authority.

But I don't see why many of the wonderful aspects of Paganism can't be fully enjoyed by Christians--and that many do. Myself included. [Smile]

[ August 31, 2004, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: beverly ]

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Amazing. Thanks for sharing [Smile]
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
I incorporate pagan ways into my life too- a lot of my friends call me a "Fish Witch". [ROFL] I will take a Pagan thrown blessingway over a Christian thrown baby shower any day, too! I don't see why it has to be at odds either. Even my hubby gets behind celebrating the Solstice.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
So Jenny (or romanylass) what pagan web sites would you recommend in order to get more information? I think this is just fascinating and would love to keep learning more.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
and how did you go about learning herbs? I've been reading books on them, but its hard for me to actually recognize them from pictures in books
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
*waits patiently for discussion to continue*

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Note to self: Check Hatrack more often.

I'll be back, hopefully this evening.

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

Websites - I don't remember. I think I just typed in keywords like Wicca or witchcraft and looked around.

Herbs - I've always been interested in living things. Herbs are SOOOOO easy to grow. They are pretty, practical, and fun. They appeal to all the senses. When my husband introduced me to Serious Gardening, I decided to grow lots of herbs. So I had to learn about them. I went to a lovely local shop, Herbs & Heirlooms, for my herbs. The ladies there let you pick leaves, eat and smell before you buy. They tell you stories and uses. And I read lots of books. And I tried lots of things out.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.