FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Plans to Disrupt GOP Convention (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Plans to Disrupt GOP Convention
Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
Very funny, Foust.

I usually prefer serious content in my entertainment. But not always. Sometimes, after a hard day, I want to just shut down and vegetate for a little while. Sometimes, after a frustrating day of serious topics, I just want to laugh.

If I then turn on the television to watch Stargate and the episode is about terrorism, I'll be annoyed. Even if it clearly wasn't intended as a "message" episode (which sometimes it was).

Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khal Drogo
Member # 6786

- posted      Profile for Khal Drogo   Email Khal Drogo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Websites have urged readers to trick specially trained NYPD Labrador retrievers with gunpowder or ammonium nitrate-laced tablets in a plan to stop trains and cause the evacuation of the Garden during the convention.

One site instructs readers, "Go to a rifle, pistol or skeet shooting range, spend an hour shooting to saturate clothing with the smell of gunpowder, go directly to a New Jersey Transit, LIRR or MTA subway train headed for Penn Station.

"Also try to have at least two people on a train in different locations, sit or stand near the doors as the train approaches the station, try to get near police and dogs, loiter as long as possible around the dog, try to pet it if possible. If the dog alerts on your scent, do not leave or resist; the situation will cause a major disruption of the train schedule ... ."

"It is important that the police call in all possible resources to investigate the situation," the site says. " ... This will result in the maximum disruption. With any luck, Madison Square Garden will be evacuated."

Honestly this is not just stupid it's sick. To draw all available forces away from the convention could result (heaven forbid) in large causalties if terrorits attacked the convention. In my opinion anyone who pulls one of these things should get the bok thrown at him, and the brick, and the dirt clods, and the rocks, and the ice pick, and the shovel, and the hand grenade, etc.
Posts: 148 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khal Drogo
Member # 6786

- posted      Profile for Khal Drogo   Email Khal Drogo         Edit/Delete Post 
Mabus which Stargate episode was that? Some Anubis subterfuge?
Posts: 148 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mabus
Member # 6320

I'm not sure, Drogo. But it wasn't a subterfuge. I think it was the one that aired recently (and will be on again this weekend). A group of religious fanatics (who don't know what the Goa'uld really are) tried to take over an alien planet as soon as they found out the Stargate was real.
Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khal Drogo
Member # 6786

Oh right from season Eight, where they cause the global war because of the Stargate being active, and al the god guys kindof look ike nazis. I don't really see the Terrorism connection in that episode, do explain.
Mabus
Member # 6320

I'm not really clear on that episode--I was kind of half-asleep while I was watching it. It seems to me now, thinking back, that the fanatics had risen up and seized power through terrorist activity, but I may not be remembering it correctly. I'm certain I have seen terrorists in previous seasons, but I don't remember when.
Khal Drogo
Member # 6786

As I remember they took ocntrol of a nclear weapon silo, which caused the other superpower to attack preventatively, the weapons systems were automatic, boom, all dead.
WraithSword
Member # 6829

- posted      Profile for WraithSword   Email WraithSword         Edit/Delete Post 
No, I am. The Republicans want to you go download Madlax.
Posts: 100 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.