FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Home (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Home
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Noemon, I believe Zotto has recently moved back to Hawaii.

[ August 30, 2004, 04:01 AM: Message edited by: Da_Goat ]

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
Goat, I believe you're correct. [Wink]

Also, Noemon, I don't mean to be a pain, but it's spelt New Zealand. [Smile] [Smile]

[ August 30, 2004, 04:30 AM: Message edited by: tt&t ]

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Huh? How did I spell it? Well, however I did it, I'll go and change it, and add Zotto to the list. Thanks guys!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Did we mention Tzadik and Lissande?
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
ImogenCon!!!

Promise? [Smile]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Thanks Kama--I've added them.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Kama, I'm glad you made it home safely. We'll miss you! It felt great to be included, and I second the requests for your thoughts on the whole adventure. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
yes yes...
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
tt&t, I believe it is "spelt" "spelled," actually.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Am I correct in thinking that Raia is an American, who just happens to be over in Israel right now?
No, you're not correct. [Wink]

I was actually born in Israel, like rivka said, I just lived most of my life outside of the country!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

I stand corrected! Actually, I'd already changed the list to reflect what rivka had said, but I appreciate the confirmation.
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Eaque Legit is also Canadian. Or at least she goes to a Canadian university. Theca, Thalia or some "Th" person is in Hamilton, I believe. I got her name confused once and am cursed to confuse it for the rest of my life. There are also some west coasters. Someone who's name began with an "F" that Ralphie used to tease about hockey hair. Fitz? And maybe solo was the other one?

I'm taxing myself to my mental limits when it comes to keeping track of people's names.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Alrighty. [Smile]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
( [Wave] Raia! I loved the postcard, thanks!!! *hug*)
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

*hug back* You're most welcome! [Wave]
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And I think the list wants "enjeeo" instead of "eenjo" -- I think of her as "NGO," though I don't know if that has anything to do with the real derivation of her nomiker.
If I recall correctly, it does.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
Solo is Canadian [Smile]
Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Eaque Legit and solo have been added.

Theca? A Canadian? I think it must be Thalia. I'll go check.

Noemon
Member # 1115

Her profile doesn't say. Anybody know for sure?
tt&t
Member # 5600

quote:
I believe it is "spelt" "spelled," actually.
Glynn, I believe it can be spelled either way. My dictionary happens to back me up on this point, but feel free to believe whatever you like. [Razz]
Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Crazy American spelling. [Smile]

Kat - I promise. ImogenCon at some time before the end of 2006. Hopefully before the end of 2005, but I can't gaurentee that one (apparently, a looming mortgage means that one shouldn't think of international airfares in the immediate future).

I just have to work out a way to coordinate it with Kama's next visit, so I can meet her as well.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Glynn, I believe it can be spelled either way. My dictionary happens to back me up on this point, but feel free to believe whatever you like.
Oh, is Miss Brownfruit using a dictionary now? [Wink]
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Good. Yes. Must coordinate with Kama.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
This is completely picking a nit, but I believe quidscribis comes before the T's.

To make this post have a little more of a point, should these cons always be in Chicago, or should they move around some? Perhaps next year could be in a Texas city, and then east and west coasts? That way people who may not be able to fly or drive for an entire day would be able to attend at least one with more ease.

Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Oh, see, I was using the *Gregorian* alphabet. It's a little different.

Seriously, though, thanks, and thanks for bumping this. I've been meaning to come back and rearrange that list by nationality now that it's more or less complete (or not that people have stopped submitting to it, however you want to look at it).

tt&t
Member # 5600

See, Goat, MY dictionary gives the correct definitions for kiwi and kiwifruit. Clearly your dictionary sucks. [Razz]
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*pat pat* Nice try, sweet-n-tart. Do I have to show you HOW many dictionaries I found that definition in again?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

American dictionaries, I'll bet. Pfft. [Wink]
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
I did host a page that allowed everyone to post their location. It may or may not still exist. I'd be much happier if I could make the same thing, but with a larger database (the version I had only allowed 50 posts per map).
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.