FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » It's that time again, school time that is. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: It's that time again, school time that is.
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I am nice right? I was trying to give some encouraging honest advice!!
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't you have lunch with orchestra anymore? Because if they're not sticking with you I'll kick their butts.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
Alt: you are very nice and the good looking ones are always the worst. [Big Grin]

Blacwolve: I'll let you know tomorrow, today was wednesday, so they had c lunch.

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
orchestra kids liked you monday night. If they get rid of you now, I'll help kick their butts, there shouldn't be many SoS people at their table, I think the ones we had graduated.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
((((((((Stryker))))))))))

Being an ex-SOSer myself, I feel it my right to say that there are quite a number of overinflated egos that bounce around the choir room... don't get me wrong, I had some of the greatest experiences of my life in SOS, but some people can be real jerks in there. I'm so sorry you have to be at the fuzzy end in this case, I know that's not fun.

I haven't talked to Rainelle in a while, so I don't know exactly what she's been telling people, but either way, it's human nature to embellish a story to make your point sound more valid. Everyone does it... I'm sure she's probably making you out to be more "guilty" (for lack of a better word) than you are, but then it's not entirely her fault... you've done it when you've talked about her, I've done it when I've talked about certain people, there's no real way to avoid it, without being superhuman. So (((((((((Stryker)))))))))))) I'm sorry your day was rough, I apologize on behalf of SOS, but I hope you don't get too upset, and you can sort of understand where she's coming from... just so that it will help you be less miserable.

I'm not "taking her side" or anything, I'm just trying to make the situation a little clearer. I know that's exactly what I needed last time something like this happened to me, so I thought I'd just chip in my two cents. If it's not helpful, feel free to ignore this post.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
To quote her, "He's the scum of the universe and I can't believe I was stupid enough to let him take advantage of me." Embellishment is an understatement, she's been telling the story this way all summer.
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Are you quoting her, or are you quoting what people told you she said?

Stryker, please don't get me wrong, I'm disgusted with SOS for all of this, I'm really not antagonizing you here... I just want to get the facts straight (though I should drop it, it's really none of my business, but I feel like it is, since I'm part of the SOS family). I don't think you're in the wrong here at all. I mean, you were at the beginning, when the actual thing happened, but come on, everyone's over that now, everyone makes mistakes... the important thing (at the risk of sounding like my mother) is to learn from them.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait a second, J T, you have some sort of caste system at your school?
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't most schools have an unoffical caste system? I've never heard of one that didn't though it becomes different in college.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
My old high school didn't...it was totally cool. We geeks ran the place. [Big Grin] When I moved to AZ, though, I was amazed at how caste-y and clique-y high schools could be.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait a tic, isn't she right?
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

Raia, I'm quoting what numerous people said she said (they all used the same wording, so I can only believe it's true).

And Yes my school has an unofficial caste system that until now, I'd been able to transcend. BHSS has had a 131 years worth of tradition building that it is proud of, and numerous "hazing" acts that have had principle after principle resign and leave town.

SOS is one of the best Show choirs in the nation, and once your in, your in for life. I did a lot of their tech work, along with Blacwolve and Kyrie, we weren't part of that family as Raia called it, but we were allowed to act as if we were due to our skills. I'm hoping this thing will blow over soon, but if it doesn't, I think SOS is going to be high and dry in the tech department, cause I can't work for people who think their better than me, especially when I don't need the work.

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
That school does have a caste system and it is fairly evident. I did know about hazing situations but I wasn't sure that principals had left. Mr. Riggle who was the principal before the one they have now is now the principal at the school in northern illinois that got national attention for it's hazing situation.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know why I'm getting into this, but my two cents are as follows:

If you leave, you will be doing what she wants, not what you want. Consider, if she weren't in the picture, wouldn't you stay in SOS? Sure.

I think the thing you have to do is believe in yourself. You know your own worth. You know who you are. If you're really scum of the universe, then this will come out. If not, people will, over time, see that she is uttering complete BS. In fact, if she keeps it up in the face of you being nice, then the tide will turn against her in all likelihood.

The best thing to do is not to say anything about it. Or at least to say as little as possible if questioned directly. Something to the effect of "I understand why she's upset. I wish there were something I could do about it, but there isn't. I hope we can move past this and be friends." Now, whether you want to be friends or not doesn't matter. This is something that you will be expected to say as it shows character on your part. If you are quiet and still and don't make an ass of yourself in SOS, watch your 'P's and 'Q's, people will eventually gravitate over to you if she keeps on making an issue out of it, guaranteed. No one liks a whiner. [Smile]

The fact of the matter is that you did screw up over prom and having people talk trash about you is part of the price that you pay. Sorry. There are probably other things going on here. I don't know you and I don't know her. I don't know if you're really made an effort to apologize to her or what. Not going to SOS may be your fear of confronting her and the prom situation talking. I don't know. But I do think that if you confront the whole situation by showing your high school who you really are in a calm manner and don't try to force the issue by talking smack about her, but just let things work out on their own by being yourself, I think it will help your social face in the high school much more than doing nothing.

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I've got lunch at orcherstra. My school's orchestra that is. I play the violin and all band students hang out at our enormous room during break and lunch. We've got our own patio and kitchen with sink, bathroom and 2 microwave ovens. We're pretty happy students.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

The thing is SS, this is the girl that at least partially initiated the Prom incident. Breyer was the one that was hurt, and she's still friends with Styker (obviously) as are all of her friends but one.

And I really think Raia and Stryker should institute a policy of not talking to each other. Both of you know why.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Take Ms. Witten aside and explain that underlying tensions may prevent you from working with the SOS group.

And as much as it may absolutely bite, JT, you've learned a valuable lesson in the truth of "don't dip in the office pool."

I hope the tensions will settle down enough for you to join the company, but don't let it get you down. This too shall pass.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I can't work for people who think their better than me, especially when I don't need the work.
First of all I basically agree with what Storm Saxon said. I can't argue with the "I don't need the work" part of the above quote, but wake up kid! You are ALWAYS going to have work for or with SOMEONE who thinks they are better than you. And guess what? While they may not be better than you, they just might be too. The question is not what they think of you, the question is whether you do your work dilligently, and can get along with them regardless. You just might learn something from them somewhere in the process.

Welcome to Real Life.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

[Evil Laugh]
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

quote:

The thing is SS, this is the girl that at least partially initiated the Prom incident. Breyer was the one that was hurt, and she's still friends with Styker (obviously) as are all of her friends but one.

Wait. The girl Stryker cheated with is talking bad about him in SOS?
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

Yep, the other one defended me till the day she graduated, and we still talk on almost a daily basis.

Thanks everyone for your advice, I think the worst part, the shock, has passed, I'll keep my head high and my tongue still.

Stryker

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I think I still defend you quite a bit, but no I have no problems with him now, and he has appolojized, all of the stuff going on right now is on the other girl's end.
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Sorry I misunderstood. I think my advice still basically stands.

In fact, I really don't want to see you not go now. Do it for spite, lad!

[ August 26, 2004, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: Storm Saxon ]

J T Stryker
Member # 6300

lol, Spite sounds good to me.
Raia
Member # 4700

quote:
And I really think Raia and Stryker should institute a policy of not talking to each other. Both of you know why.
Um, since I was entirely on Stryker's side in this thread, I think that was slightly uncalled for. And I know you meant me as the "single person" who isn't friends with Stryker anymore... Stryker? Do you hate me? If so, I'm sorry I bothered you, I won't do it again. I don't hate you, if that's what you're wondering...
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't hate you either Raia.

I don't hate Stryker either.

Or anyone else here. I'm just a big cloud of non-hate. [Smile]

(Sorry, I felt like injecting a little group love. The fact I'm at work is probably upping my desire to act like a brat. A loving brat, but a brat nonetheless. Still, it feels good.)

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

Um, so you are friends with him? I'm sorry, I must have missed that revelation.
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

Hmmmm, I do believe Raia and I are on good terms again, I'm not real sure when this happened, but I'm glad it did.

imogen: Don't you just love how work acts like a drug and brings out the oddest moods. [Razz]

blacwolve
Member # 2972

*shrugs* Ok, if both of you are happy...

Would you prefer I edit or delete my posts on this thread?

J T Stryker
Member # 6300

None of the above Mamma K (((Blacwolve)))
Raia
Member # 4700

Nah, blacwolve, don't worry about it, it was a natural mistake to make. But yeah, Stryker, I don't hate you.

quote:
I don't hate you either Raia.
Yay! [Smile] I don't hate you either, imogen!! (((((imogen)))))
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

I hate all you smurfs. *shakes fist*
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.