FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » ClaudiaTherese is gone... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: ClaudiaTherese is gone...
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
And I'd like to add to this misterboy guy that, as much as I may resent you for taking CT off the market, if you hooked her in the first place you can't be entirely bad. At most, half-bad, and that's probably in the way women like.

Mumble mumble lucky BASTARD mumble mumble...

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
As she has been to a lot of people here as well.

That is why I feel cheated a bit....and I wasn't even that close to her, compared to others here.

Kwea

[ August 21, 2004, 12:45 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope she comes back because I haven't forgotten and will one day...
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Noemon:

quote:
...a lot of people that I thought of as fixtures of Hatrack...
I think that being a "fixture" is a heavy burden, much like being a pastor over a congregation. CT definitely connects with people on a pastoral level.

I'm sad that her posts are gone. She actually responded to me once, and that was something. Now there's a void.

Fortunately so many good people remain here who are willing to lift other's burdens.

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I'l, gladly relieve you of the burden of you wealth, skillery?

Wanna play pool for it? [Big Grin]

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought I was imagining things when I noticed a lack of her around here lately, I wish I was.

I will miss CT, she was one of the few hatrackers who I've never quarreled with, or been upset with, in fact I think even when I'm at my worse (acting like a stupid 17 year old) she still said nice things about me. I hope her and her husband heal their wounds, what ever they are, and return to us, so we can welcome them back.

JT Stryker [Group Hug]

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
I *really* hope that we're all just making too big a deal out of this, because if CT is really gone...

[Frown]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Whatever the reason, I hope that CT does realise she will be missed.

From what I've seen of her posts, she is a wise lady and no doubt has good reasons for this.

All the same, I will be sorry not to be able to see her posts.

imogen

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Shan told me that Fallow is gone too. Is there a connection? A weird glitch in the system?
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
If she did leave, I hope she'll at least check back to see this topic.

We'll miss you, CT.

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Fallow gone?

He's probably still miffed that I superglued that stupid wig on him.

How often does Hatrack tear itself apart at the seams and re-invent itself? This is the second gyration that I've observed since I joined six months ago.

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Depends on what you mean. There are plenty of people here who have been posting for years, but people change, and most people fade away gradualy....while new blood such as yourself comes in to "replace" them.

Not that I am suggesting that CT, or any of the other peole here are replacable ona one to one basis, but time doesn't stand still for anyone, or any place on the web.

We have a larger porportion of "old-timers" than any other site I have been to....

Kwea

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
What the???

What's going on??!

*tries to catch up*

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Tsc... [Frown]

I don't know if I'll get to sleep again, now...I'll be thinking too hard, for that.

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] [Frown]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
It had to have been something major, right?

She's to strong a personality to just let some fluff, or not, get to her, right?

I'm lost.

I still don't know why Ralphie left.

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

Spend 24 hours off-line and look what happens.

CT, Mister Boy, you have to do what you have to do, and I know all the pressure we're heaping on probably doesn't help. But you will both be missed, and I hope you decide this is a hiatus, not a departure.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cry] Please come back!

CT is one of the few people left of my list of "Hatrackers I must meet some day" and now she's gone....

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Speculation has been running rampant El.

Nobody really knows if she really has left or there was a profound glitch affecting her posts.

I must confess a certain curiousity to the reasoning if the departure was voluntary, but I also respect her decision to leave.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Just curious - what do y'all mean by "gone?"

She's still listed as a registered member.

I don't pretend to know what the post deletions were about, but I know that she's said several times over the last few months that she felt she needed to withdraw into a "smaller space" for awhile - or words to that effect.

Perhaps this is just the hiatus she's been talking about.

Hope so - and hope she's doing OK.

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I think out most beloved members have the hardest time at Hatrack. There's a lot of pressure involved in being an icon, and when you are as kind-hearted as CT and Ralphie, they can't say no to people who need them - need something, need the wisdom and the love. The only choices are the give what is needed or else not look - that's part of why we love them, but it's also why I think they cannot stay.

The only way to stay is to be able to sit and see a need and not move to fill it, and that isn't in either of their natures.

In case either reads this, I want to say something. Y'all know how incredibly much I love and respect you both, and I love the kind-heartedness that is your fatal flaw. You can stay. You can stay and not save everyone that needs it. I say that as someone who has many times enjoyed the benefits of y'all's wisdom, but I'd rather live without it if it takes too much. The best thing about this community is that there are people to take up the slack. *hug* It's a big world with a lot of hurt, but it doesn't rest on any one person's shoulders. It's okay to come just to take from us sometimes. It isn't sustainable otherwise.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs*

[ August 21, 2004, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Take care until you return. [Hat]
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Que Sara Sara.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Be well. We'll all miss you.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
We will miss you here. Take care.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll miss having you around, Sara.

Please do what you need to take care of yourself.

See you later.

Stephen

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
You've been saving that pun for a special occasion, haven't you, Bob?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
You could practically see the bubble wrap he'd been keeping it in lying on the ground around him, couldn't you?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
When I come back, it will be under my own name, and for a particular reason, and with a bit more care.
Very mysterious!

[Confused]

(((hugs Sara)))

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
we'll miss you, sara.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Take care, we'll miss you. Hugs -
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Take care Sara [Cry] I will miss you sorely and PLEASE e-mail if you ever come to the Seattle area
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
If you've read this thread, you've probably seen CT's response on the other.

She's on hiatus due to emotional turmoil irl. I don't know if she'll be back or not, but I do know she could do worse than to have our best wishes with her.

She has mine, I hope she has yours as well.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Sara)))))

Be well. Be happy.

I'll miss you.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
If you need an actual hug, feel free to look me up.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, no time like the present time, and no present like the time!

Frivel and Schleck, Sesto!

When you walk under the moon,
Just sing this little tune,
And think of all the fiddle-floo we've played.
Though your mijjle's gotten weary,
And your plickton's feeling smeary,
Don't ever think your welcome's overstayed.

Loo-dee-loo-dee-lollie. . .
We'll sure miss you, jolly.
Lie-doo-lee-doo-leeloo . . .
We sing our song for you-loo.

Perhaps our jimps will play again,
When there's sun instead of rain.
And maybe when your grinkle's well,
We'll sit and frivel for a spell.
Won't it be fine, won't it be grand
To again throw yarjubs across the land?

Loo-dee-loo-dee-lollie. . .
We'll sure miss you, jolly.
Lie-doo-lee-doo-leeloo . . .
We sing our song for you-loo.

Enough sap. I can't keep this up indefinitely, you know. I have to return to my previously apathetic state before sunrise.

[ August 22, 2004, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: Scott R ]

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
Best wishes Sara, I'll miss you.
Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

I missed whatever happened, and I missed CT's replies.

I felt special each and every time CT responded to something I wrote.

I will miss her. [Frown]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
She can't leave... She never emailed me back... [Frown]

[Cry]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.