FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Seeking medical advice for my daughter (she seems to be fine) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Seeking medical advice for my daughter (she seems to be fine)
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
To be fair, I don't know what breakfast for you includes, but a sufficiently ground vitamin will all but disappear into most food stuffs. [Big Grin]

Failing that, you could just drop a couple in a bottle and toss them down the stairs at him with a note. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, he usually helps himself to a bowl of cereal and would accept a pill and glass of water readily, so it is mostly a matter of giving it to him.

Man. We need an intercom system.

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Just get a couple of cheap walkie-talkies.

We men like toys. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi bev,

Hopefully you have a doctor's appointment scheduled soon. I wanted to give you a bit of positive stuff - I was always very small as a child, always cold, and slept like a log. I also hated meat. I was tested for everything under the sun but it turns out that was just the way I was made. Hopefully your daughter is just a weirdo like me. [Wink]

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Thx, Space Opera. It could always be that that is a part of who she is. I don't know what I hope. I don't want something to be medically wrong, but I also hope there is something I can do to help her also.

Edit: Man, I have *got* to go to bed....

[ August 03, 2004, 02:07 AM: Message edited by: beverly ]

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Weird question, bev. Is your daughter's blood type A or AB?

Actually, if Space could answer this question as well, that'd be cool.

[ August 03, 2004, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

I think it must be O since Porter and I are both O.
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, that sounds right.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I am?

You learn something every day...

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
beverly, will she take peanut butter on her veggies? Or hummus made with lots of olive oil, or pesto? If she's a grazer it helps to pack in some good fats.

(actually, I would also love to pick CT's brain about small children, though my peanut has some different things going on than your peanut)

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
PSI, I have A plus blood, which means I have the best blood of all. [Razz]

space opera

edit: Also bev, if your little one really doesn't like meat and you're concerned about that, buy a vegetarian cookbook. The best ones will answer any concerns about iron/protein and give you lots of great easy snacks and meals for your daughter.

[ August 03, 2004, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: Space Opera ]

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

SO- I asked because I've noticed a correlation between people who eat little to no meat and A-type blood. That doesn't apply to Bev's sweetie, so...*shrug*
TMedina
Member # 6649

Interesting.

-Trevor

Space Opera
Member # 6504

That is interesting, PSI. Can you explain some more?

space opera

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Not really. *laugh* It's not exactly scientific. I just happen to know a couple of people, one who is vegetarian, two who eat only chicken as a meat source, and one small girl who eats nothing but pasta and similar grain-based foods, and they all had A type blood. I have been asking other people here and there what their eating habits are and comparing it to their blood type, but it's just because I'm curious. I'd like to study it more one day, but we'll see.

So far nothing is conclusive, but I still ask around to add more cases to my list.

Similarly, the people I know who are serious carnivores are often O-type. I just thought it was cool. I'm sure there are plenty of exceptions, so I wouldn't say it's a rule, for sure. More research is needed.

[ August 03, 2004, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

Space Opera
Member # 6504

Huh. That is an interesting coincidence. I've always hated meat, even as a child. Something to do with the texture I think. Now I just live on the dark side of the vegetable eaters.

space opera

Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
I have type A blood, and while I wouldn't consider myself an avid meat-eater, I love a good steak and probably wouldn't ever consider being a vegetarian. I am pretty picky about the kinds of meat I will eat though. I don't really like cold cuts and I rarely eat the meatballs in spaghetti sauce.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Just an update, I took my daughter to the doctor. They took a sample of blood and tested it, and the results were very healthy. Her growth looks OK to the doctor, so the recommendation is that there is nothing actually "wrong" and that further diagnosis is not necessary.

While that is assuring, it also means that there isn't anything I can really do to help her. She just is the way she is.

Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to hear it, beverly. Thanks for the update.
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Well, that's good. It's hard, though, when it seems like something is wrong but you aren't getting any info back. It makes you be ever-vigilant. : )
Space Opera
Member # 6504

Glad to hear that the tests came back with good results. Perhaps as she grows her chemistry will change a bit. However, if you ever grow concerned about her again there is nothing wrong with going to get a second opinion. A new doc might think of something that the old doc didn't.

space opera

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.