FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Well crap - I think I am dependent on the caffeine. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Well crap - I think I am dependent on the caffeine.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Liz, ah, ok! Certainly klah is something all Pernese value highly, and a steaming pot is to be expected on the hearth of every well stocked Hold and Weyr.

*suddenly craves cinnamon* [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Also, the eyebrow has to return to it's normal position before being raised again. Failure to do this could result in excess cranial tension.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Dudette, raise a petition around your place of work to get a better range of drinks in your machine. Or if it is privately owned, find out who owns it and talk to them. If they are assured you will buy the product on a regular basis, they should be more than happy to drop their lowest-selling item and carry your request.

You could also petition to get a larger fridge. Your employers need to keep their employees happy!

At my old office, our machine offered a variety of fruit juices. That was my drink of choice. And a really nice perk--they were free! Occasionally I would mix the cranberry cocktail with sprite. Mmmmmmm.

[ July 28, 2004, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: beverly ]

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Rivka,
I just have this image of Lessa, I think, drinking it from a clay cup with two hands, hunkered over it for the warmth and smell. Seriously, I went out and bought this blue coffee cup, broke off the handle, and tried to drink my coffee black for a while because it allseemed so appealing.

That nasty Pern Pressure. ha ha.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. The most Pernese thing I ever made, food-wise, was little fruit tartlets. They weren't served hot, so they weren't quite authentic bubbly pies, but they were nummy.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Reviving this thread to add a link that was posted elsewhere: Caffeine Web or what happens when spiders are exposed to different drugs.
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
oooooooooooooooo that's weird.... (she says as she runs back for yet another glass of home-brewed iced tea)
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess Spider-Man should stick to Decaf. Or Postum.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Dude that's crazy! What is mescaline?
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I knew this thread was old! I thought "Wow. Katie's on caffeine again?" [Big Grin]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
Ironic I should find this thread bumped up today. I definitely have some thoughts.

I don't remember getting a migraine until after I'd been drinking pop on an irregular basis. I proceeded to have several memorable migraines, and I got better at preventing them and treating the symptoms. I even developed a theory, and tested it solidly for the past few years. I've consumed, on average, 1 pepsi per day, for about the last 3 years. During that time, I've had no migraines. This is a good thing. I'm 90% sure there's a correlation there. I can state with absolute certainty: I've never had a migraine after having a pepsi.

Now, I'm quite content to continue without migraines, but just in the past week, I started questioning my motivations and feelings on this. Telling myself I enjoyed the taste was okay, but when I said, "Gotta have a pepsi to squash the migraine potential," I started to doubt the internal desires. Of course, unless I quite completely, there's no way to know for sure. I'm not worried about that little potential pain, but the migraines tick me off.

I'm ready to convince myself to quit pepsi for 2 or 3 months and test my hypothesis. Not a complete withdrawal, but no regular 1 per day schedule.

Oh, and your input is welcome. One is not a jatraquero until their theories are tested. [Smile]

Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.