FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Childless (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Childless
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, that was insensitive of me. I didn't think of it that way. I was mostly trying to be funny, maybe look at the positive side....
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
Of course, and when I was in your situation I often said very similar things.
Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I have it much easier now, rivka. My ex (oh, s'cuse me, "former" spouse) cleaned up his act well enough to take Nathan on a regular basis - which so far has been limited to a very occasional overnight (maybe once per month) and a couple of times a week afterschool.
Oh, yay! [Smile] Good for him! Wonderful for your son (kids need both parents, whenever that is at all feasible)! And a bit of a break for you, which is good. Almost all moms of small kids do the non-stop-without-a-break thing; single moms too often get to do it without backup.

(And if we're not supposed to refer to 'em as "ex"es, I have some other choice phrases . . . [Wink] )

quote:
Next week, we are trying a small summer vacation for four nights and five days with Nathan and Dad.

Wish me luck.

A very sincere good luck to all the parties.

quote:
Thanks, Rivka. I was kind of uncomfortable with Beverly's "no fair" comment too, although I understood the feeling.

Not being with your children sucks in a big way, even though there are some short term benefits.

And divorce sucks even more.

So true. And I've been on the other side. I remember, about six years ago, when a friend of mine got divorced and lost custody of her son (after a long and ugly battle), with only visitation a couple times a week. I was very sympathetic to her anguish -- but also a tiny bit jealous that she could easily attend evening classes that I couldn't find a sitter for.

And on a tangentially related note, I have chosen my current soundtrack: Reba McEntire's I'm a Survivor
quote:
The one who oughta give up
But she`s just too hard headed
A single mom who works two jobs
who loves her kids and never stops
With gentle hands and a heart of a fighter
I`m a survivor

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.