FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Orson Scott Card Fan meetup day??!! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Orson Scott Card Fan meetup day??!!
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, I am....I told Papa he had to join, and he did AFTER my post...lol
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Eh, our meeting is doomed to failure. I think I am the only one in this area signed up.

Rivka, you've been a member that long? Have you had any of these fabled meet-ups? Did they involve non-hatrackers?

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been a Meetup member since before I joined Hatrack -- but not a member of the (brand-new, I think) group for OSC fans. (Actually, it looks like Meetup has started a new category of groups, for fans of authors. I almost signed up for the Octavia Butler group.)

And I've come close to meeting with local BookCrossers (that's the Meetup group I've been a member of the longest), but it has yet to work out. And then I got less interested in BookCrossing . . . so we'll see if I ever go. But they have certainly met in my area most months.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't understand, has someone already set up profiles for some hatrackers on metup?

Lupus, I know of at least two Card fans in Gainesville, one is even on the UFG payroll. But I'm not quite sure of the best way to introduce you all. You know how people kind of are about meeting folks from the internet.

Well, if beverly is doing it... :pinches nose and takes a running leap:

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Rivka: Oh, forgot about the cross-over of the meetup site. So did you officially sign up for the OSC meetup portion?

Pooka: Cool! Maybe this meeting has a slightly higher chance of happening. But are you going to Kamacon?

[ July 28, 2004, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: beverly ]

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

It said my name was already taken too! So I signed in as realpooka [Evil Laugh]

Kamacon would be a distant, distant possibility. I wonder if we can pull for a provo meeting at a park. maybe the whole angle on this sucker is restaurants pay to be in the meetup vote.

[ July 28, 2004, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Yep!

Hey, look! A new member, who says s/he was at Endercon, but without an SN I recognize. Lafayette, IN, hmm?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

quote:
maybe the whole angle on this sucker is restaurants pay to be in the meetup vote.
Ha! Maybe. I chose Borders Books and Music because there it has a nice atmosphere to sit and talk, you *can* get refreshment, but no pressure to.

I have noticed that there aren't too many cases of more than one signed up in a city. We are a spread-out bunch. Surely there are more die-hard OSC fans amongst us than this.

Edit: So, the question remains for me, who started this OSC meetup thingy? Did the meetup site generate it, or did some lonely fan out there start the thing? If so, will s/he find his/er way to hatrack soon?

[ July 28, 2004, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: beverly ]

from Cythera
Member # 6749

- posted      Profile for from Cythera   Email from Cythera         Edit/Delete Post 
Someone needs to join a Broward, FL/surrounding area meetup! Otherwise it will just be me and two of my orson-obsessed friends drinking coffee like any ordinary monday night, lol.
Posts: 117 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

Bump. I guess I better alert the expatriates at Galacticus.

P.S. When was it moved to monday, I thought it was Aug 13? I'm planning to be down there the 12th and 13th.

[ August 10, 2004, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: pooka ]

rivka
Member # 4859

Pooka, the Meetup is NOT the same as KamaCon. And since Meetup cancels all meetings that don't get 5 confirmations, I'll bet none of the OSC Meetups happen -- at least not this month.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.