FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Baby Boon (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Baby Boon
Binky Boo
Member # 6622

- posted      Profile for Binky Boo   Email Binky Boo         Edit/Delete Post 
This is Thomas, with my brand new nick (to match my brand new self!). Here's more of my story:

The doctor and nurses kept poking my side, trying to figure out why I wasn't moving down. At 4pm, Mom's cervix was only dilated to 4cm, and of course I hadn't moved down at all.

At 5pm, Doctor, Nurse, and Mom did this test where Nurse pushed where my hiney should have been while Mom tried to push me out and Doctor checked to see if I was moving. No dice. [Big Grin]

At 6pm, Doctor checked Mom again...still at 4cm. Mom was getting frustrated, but was still handling herself really well. Doctor sat down in the comfy chair. (Dad was out getting a cheeseburger.)

Doctor told Mom he'd only seen one other case of CPD (he didn't know I was sideways yet) like ours, and that baby turned out to be over 12 pounds! He said he'd let her stay in labor as long as she wanted since we were both doing so well, but he didn't think I was going to come out that way. Duh! [Razz]

Mom told him to wait until Dad came back, and they'd talk it over.

Mom was doing okay, but she was getting tired. Dad just wanted both of us to be healthy. They decided to let the doctor take Mom to the operating room while Dad put on a gown.

Mom didn't do so well while they gave her the spinal block. She isn't afraid of needles unless they are being put into her where she can't see them. She couldn't see them putting it in, so she couldn't prepare herself for the ouch. [Cry] Poor Mom!

Once they got Mom laid out on the table, they put blue blanket thingies all over the place. Then they brought Dad in. He sat down in the chair they put by Mom's head and held Mom's hand while he watched them take me out.

Well, once they started to take me out, the doctors found out I was sideways. They also found out the cord was wrapped around my neck twice. [Angst]

Boy, was I mad when they took me out and gave me to Dad! I screamed and cried, but they still wouldn't let me go straight to Mom. I had to get rubbed off first, and then Mom got to look at me and give me a kiss before Dad took me down to the nursery for a bath.

Well, needless to say that was a big day, and I've been sleeping a lot ever since. Trying to recover, you know.

Mom said to tell you she put more pictures on her website (link to "More Photos" on the top left).

I'm happy to be here, and looking forward to meeting all of you in the future. [Big Grin]

Posts: 10 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave] Hi, Thomas! Cute SN. [Big Grin]

Welcome to the world, little one. [Smile] And to Hatrack! Sleeping a lot to recover is a good idea -- lets your mom get sleep too. She had a rough time too!

Do her a favor, mm? No more incidents like last week, ok?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Thomas is preparing for a career as an acrobat!!! [Eek!]

Thanks for the extra details. [Big Grin]

Those are great pics!!!

A family full of great smiles. [Big Grin]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.