FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » National Gas Boycott Day (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: National Gas Boycott Day
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
Lupus did not say he was driving a car. The only vehicle I know of that gives 70 mpg is a motorcycle. They're ok for some people, but have obvious drawbacks. It's probably patriotic to drive a motorcycle if you also carry an organ donor card with you.
Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Its also national bike to work week. I think these gas-boycott days usually coincide with this week.

There are lots of things you can do to conserve energy and it is good to be aware of them and to try to cosnerve as much as possible. Still, I agree that a one-day gas boycott is pretty useless.

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
I would love a hybrid car. They were talking about them on the local radio here last week and the local wait time is over a year to get one [Eek!] because so many have pre-ordered they go out the door faster than they come in. I am driving a lot less than I was two months ago, combining trips when I can. I wish we had better public transportation and we can't bike or walk much now that its May in the desert. No more biking or walking till October....
Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IdemosthenesI
Member # 862

- posted      Profile for IdemosthenesI   Email IdemosthenesI         Edit/Delete Post 
I get 70+ mpg and my vehicle is a lot more fun to drive than any SUV. This is MY " hybrid car ." Not much fun grocery shopping, but it gets me around just fine.
Posts: 894 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
Someone with a nickname "Lupus" should know [Razz] The VW Lupo gets better than 70mpg and is a lot cheaper than the ultra-high-tech Prius. Or on the other end of the weight/utility scale, my car can get 70mpg (1500mi+ range) with the cruise on 50mph, but it can also hold 40 cu ft of cargo, 5 large adults, and tow a 2000lb trailer through the mountains at 90mph if I so choose.
Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.