FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A question for our experts in medicine and society. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A question for our experts in medicine and society.
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
Herpes completely aside, if thats your space, and you've asked her not to use it. She shouldn't. End of discussion. Talk to who ever is supervising the class now about or drop it.

Oh and if you do talk to them, make sure you meantion the herpes or you'll have issues.

This sort of thing is a real pet peeve of mine. And it seems to be especially bad with signifcant others. Any relationship you have with someone doesn't give them the right to everything you have. I don't care if your married or just dating.

Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Being freaked out by something unexpected or unusual is a pretty human response. That in itself doesn't make one any more or less of a person. I'm starting to find, though, that when I get that immediate "squick" response about something, it's usually very helpful to get some good, accurate information.

A lot of the time the "squick" can be a red flag for a topic about which one has a lot to learn before a good decision can be made.

Again, though, just having the response doesn't make you a horrid person. Rather, you experience the world in context -- welcome to the club. [Smile]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.