FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Bob is slacking (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Bob is slacking
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Subject says it all, but I have more to say.

Now, Bob, I know there is a certain recovery time involved when mothers meet, but this is unacceptable.

Look, I am taking a freaking MATH CLASS. I need to exercise my brain in a different way. I need a new Pun Smackdown, and I need it now.

There is a live Railroad Earth cd in it for you if you deliver...

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Oh, heck, I was just about to give Bob a load of crap about there being no smackdown, but then I read my last post, promising a cd which I have not delivered yet.

Oh, well.

Bob, maybe some sort of traffic theme to celebrate your new presidential status?

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Wow, I have not given Bob the business for a while!
Well, here goes:

You know, it seems, Bob that you are not only slacking, but wallowing in prenuptial smackdown inertia. We have a new member on board, who is ready to pun, and who thinks puns are the highest form of humor, not the lowest.

Quick, before we lose her!

ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
(Bob's on a business trip. Why don't you start your own pun smackdown?)
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

(It's just not as fun)
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
(Why are we talking in parenthesis?)
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
(Because I wasn't the one addressed, but I had relevant information, so I gave it to Elizabeth as an aside... in my head, putting paranthesis around something means I'm leaning over and telling her quietly.)
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
(Because it's turned into a pun-ctuation thread)
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Elizabeth, don't you mean that it's just not as much pun?
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Not to mention that it'd feel like some sort of copyright infringment. I can't see Bob getting overly concerned but you just never know. Perhaps Dag could chime in on the legalities of punfringement?
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

I would also like to point out that Bob is usually quite punctual when prodded to produce.

Edit to add that I would assume that dkw has already taken note of this. [Wink]

[ January 31, 2005, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I think the problem is Bob no longer believes puns in a limited scope are truly reflective of the depth and beauty of the over-arching pun universe.

He's become a puntheist.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Well, he certainly qualifies as a pundit on the topic.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

We're all just waiting for the punultimate thread.
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Since Bob isn't here, and Elizabeth hasn't posted in this thread for half an hour or so, perhaps we should wait tilde come back.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Personally, I'd hate to see the next to the last pun thread. How about a superpunerary one instead?
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Maybe we should meet and have a puncake breakfast.
punwit
Member # 6388

I would really enjoy an activity like that. I'm assuming most who frequent these punning threads would as well. It seems we all have a punchant for wordplay.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Although sometimes we can be too pundantic.
punwit
Member # 6388

True, and sometimes the puns are obscure and almost impunetrable.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Gee, I don't think my post was all that pun-native, was it?
punwit
Member # 6388

I don't think so, Elizabeth, but if you showed that you were truly punitent I would say it didn't matter either way.

[ January 31, 2005, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

Repunt! Liz, Repunt!
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Liz, you should be sent to the punitentiary. While there, you should be pun-ished.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

We've been dicussing remorse. I'd like to focus, now, on another emotion. Have you ever read another's pun and wished that you had punned that well? Have you eyed the length and complexity of someone else's effort and felt that you were somehow lacking? If you have answered yes to either of these question then you have experienced punis envy. Not to worry, this can be overcome with a new mood altering aroma. This pun gent odor will have you drilling home devastatingly witty puns in no time. If your intense punning lasts longer than four hours please seek immediate medical attention.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I was surprised to find out how much the British liked puns. I mean, their greatest legend is Arthur Pundragon.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Well, perhaps, but they later deciede that the pun was mightier than the sword.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Plus, their most common coin is the punce.

[ February 03, 2005, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

How do you pununciate that, Dag?
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Bump.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

And I will strike down upun thee with great vengeance and furious anger!
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Are you going to suckerpunce me?
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
O.O
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Listen, Bob, you are not Harvey. You are not invisible. I'm on to you, sirrah!
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I just told him I'd make supper if/while he worked on a new smackdown. You can pay me later.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Dana, thank you!
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

SSIA
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Well, time for another Pun Smackdown Prod. Looking back at the first post, it has been a year of having to remind Bob that he has an unpaid job with no benefits to do.

Come on, Bob, you've been moving, Dana is an Elder, you got married, there must be something in there worthy of smacking down, pun style.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.