FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Back at home and still no baby... was "Don't go into labor while I'm gone." (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Back at home and still no baby... was "Don't go into labor while I'm gone."
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe this one would be more helpful. [Big Grin]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

Mmmmmm...strawberries and grapes and bananas, breakfast (and lunch) of champions.

Not to mention high in fiber...or, at least, roughage. [Big Grin]

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
He'll probably flip around alot.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

Oh, he is.

::yawn::

Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Tylenol and Benedryl were on my list of approved medications as well.

Mmmm, strawberries. [Smile] I'm so glad they're coming into season.

Poor Boon! Silly wiggly boy!

Hang in there! We'll hope for the best on Monday.

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

And...here we go again...

Contractions started up again yesterday, but, again, not productive. At least, not until yesterday evening. Then, they became...I don't know...different. More uncomfortable. Like I couldn't sit still for one.

And I'm thirsty, drinking about 1 1/2 gallons of water a day. And juice, and milk, and Crystal Light...but mostly water. Can't seem to get enough.

Which, of course, means I'm spending a lot of time in the potty. Pink streaks started yesterday evening too.

So, maybe we're starting to really do something. Maybe not. [Dont Know] Guess we'll see what Doc thinks tomorrow morning.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck, Boon. [Smile]

*to Baby* Straighten up and get in position, kid!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
~~~~Boon- productive labor vibes~~~

It may not actually help, but I have heard that if you try to figure out where baby's head is, take something froze, and drag it from the baby's head to your pelvis, it can convine baby to get face down. Can't hurt.

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck, Boon & Baby.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Old Wives' Tales on inducing labor

I came across that site while trying to find a reference to something I heard when I was pregnant with my first child (she's 10). There was a news story about a restaurant in L.A. becoming popular with pregnant women because an ingredient in the salad dressing supposedly helped them go into labor. I lived in Chicago at the time, so I couldn't try it out. [Wink]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd send some labor vibes your way, but if I missed I'd feel really guilty about whoever ended up getting them. Bad enough if they made someone go into labor a week early.

But what if they hit a guy?

Dagonee
P.S., good thoughts, good thoughts.

[ May 02, 2004, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

CaySedai, I don't know if they still do, but the restaurant in question was doing a brisk mail-order business on that salad dressing for a while. For anyone playing at home, my memory is that it was a balsamic vinaigrette. [Wink]

(And my oldest is 10 too -- small world. [Big Grin] )

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
Best Wishes Boon!

I predicted May 3rd here and in case there's further debate I'll say around 8:00 pm.

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
rivka:

they induced my labor with that baby. I insisted on an epidural because I had heard horror stories of how bad induced labor was ...

With my second baby, I did without the epidural because I didn't like the loss of control - after Amanda (first daughter) was born, I couldn't stand by myself to get into the wheel chair to go to the room after delivery. I lived through both deliveries and they are both kind of a blur now, so no harm done.

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

[Big Grin] CaySedai, my first was also induced, and I ended up having an epidural. Small world!
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Must show off my new niece

It could be worse. With this little one my sister had a fybroid the size of a grapefruit blocking the cervix. Annie came out by C section.

[ May 03, 2004, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

She's a cutie sarcasticmuppet.

Well, I'm off to the doctor. If I have to go to the hospital, I'll have Hubby call Dana. Otherwise, I'll post whenever I get home.

Boon
unregistered

::sigh::

Okay, Doc says he had another woman in almost my shoes TODAY. She had to have a c-section because her baby just wouldn't stay head-down.

I said ALMOST. He also said Thomas is smarter than her baby was, as his head is down. YAY! And, Doc says his head's been down for a few days now, as it's getting down into where it needs to be. ANOTHER BIG YAY!

However, I'm not dilated ANY. [Frown] So, Doc says not to worry, everything looks good, one more week, blah, blah, blah...

He also said to call if the contractions change at all...better, worse, or disappear. If they get easier or stop, he wants to change my appointment to a scheduled c-section. If they get harder, I get to go to the hospital.

I guess it could be worse. I could be that Mexican lady who had to cut herself open. [Angst]

Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Boon)))
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
We're rootin for ya [Smile]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
(((Boon)))

Glad the baby figured out which way is OUT. [Smile]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I was sort of in your shoes a year ago, minus the flipping part. But thought I'd be due April 26th. Since all my babies have been late, I thought "I'll just get induced on the 21st". But I wasn't "ready". The various checks got really discouraging. I don't think I was any more ready by the 5th, when they finally induced because I was over a week overdue.

P.S. I forgot my whole point, which was that turning the calendar over to May was so depressing! (((Boon)))

[ May 03, 2004, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

What Ela said!

I'm confused, though. If the contractions slow/stop, why a C? Is induction not a possibility? (Not that I'm questioning your doctor! I'm just wondering.)

Good luck!

romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Good baby!!!!!

Really, try the sex. And eggplant.

If you're more serious, run by your doc a combo of black and blue cohosh ( in tea or tincture form). I used it in two of my long drawn out prodromal labors.

~~~~~Boon~~~~~
~~~~~~Baby~~~~~~~

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

The contractions that I'm having are enough for effacement, but aren't strong enough to dilate anything.

Once things are "ripe" he'll induce.

In the meantime, I haven't really had any cravings until now. [Big Grin] I'd kill for some KFC cole slaw. Yuck! But I want some anyway. I'm wierd.

Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Mmm. KFC cole slaw. [Smile]

(((Boon))) Hang in there dear. This will be over SOON. We'll send good labor vibes your way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ (those are good labor vibes)

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
(((boon)))
(((baby boon)))

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
Good ways to speed things up:

1. Jumping Jacks

2. Roller Coasters

3. Bungee Jumping

Hope that helps...

Completely TIC! Hope he comes out fine and beautiful when he's good and ready. Hope you can stand it that long too. [Wink]

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I really craved KFC mashed potatoes. I would buy a large one and eat it all in the car on the way home.

------

quote:
3. Bungee Jumping
Sure, if you don't mind giving birth through your nose. [Laugh]

[ May 07, 2004, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Sure, if you don't mind giving birth through your nose.
Could that be any more painful that giving birth where you normally give birth?

((boon))
((soon to be bouncy baby boon))

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

I've said this before, Dan, once you reach a certain pain threshold, you don't care how much more painful it gets. You just want to die, and that's all that matters.

What's important is the stretching of the nose. Can you get the elasticity back? Are there any exercises that you can do to improve the tone of the nasal area? Plus, what about the lack of control over your snot? By the time you realize your nose is about to run, it's too late. You can't make it to the Kleenex in time. And having everything stretched out to that degree would decrease the enjoyment of nose-blowing for everyone involved.

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah but boy would it clean out those sinuses.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

It may, but it would take six weeks before the sinuses were cleaned out enough to resume normal nose-blowing activities.
Boon
unregistered

Had a pretty restless night, kept feeling like I had to throw up. Then, when I'd get up, had to pee. Then, when I'd get to the bathroom to pee...nothing!

Slept 'til noon, lucky me. Now I'm up, and the contractions are about 10 minutes apart with some downward pressure. [Smile] If they don't stop or slow down by 2, which they have done before, I'll call the doctor.

Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck, Boon!!!
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
*Sends labor vibes*

I'm sure all this waiting has been a pain, but just imagine how guilty you can make the kid feel one day about it! Good luck.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

~~~~~~laborlaborlabor~~~~
Wow, PSI I crved KFC mashed potatos in labor with #2, too. And I never eat fast food.

rivka
Member # 4859

Good luck, Boon!
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

I think it's weird that we're all WISHING this thing upon you that will cause extreme pain. I prefer ~~babybabybaby~~.
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Yay Boon, I hope this is IT!! (and here's a shout out to your little guy too. I'm sure he'll need some extra encouragement. [Wink] )
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Boon))) I had a dream last night that you sent me a text message on my wireless that the baby was born.

So who is still in the wagering pool? It looks like imogen is the only one who was excited about the actual "due date" of May 13. Just think, you baby may have a Friday the 13th birthday from time to time.

(edit out snarkies now that I don't have to worry about preserving my psychic moment for posterity)

[ May 12, 2004, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Try this.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I have another friend who is at 37.5 weeks now. Her baby is a moose and they were talking about inducing at 39 weeks. Now the doctor is backing off of that. She wants the baby to come sooner rather than later. It is interesting to watch and see who comes first, Boon's or hers. I know Boon's is due sooner but you never know!

Hang in there Boon!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Boon, aren't you past the due date now?

Cause you can't try what I posted until you're past the date. I'm not sure what would happen, but I'm sure it would be terrible.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

Sigh...I'm due Thursday.

Yesterday, I mostly rested. See, my sister is a truck driver, and really wants to be home for this one. She missed the first two. So I was trying to make things go slowly so she could make it home...

Well, apparently, I rested too much, 'cause the contractions have been, once again, doing NOTHING!!! [Mad] His head is down there. Things should be progressing, but I'm not even effacing now. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

Still have too much fluid, but otherwise Thomas is fine. His heartrate is good, he's still VERY active, his lungs are working properly. The placenta is fine...so Doc has decided not to induce now. One more week...God, I don't know if I can make it...

Did I tell you he has a lot of fluid? You know, babies are supposed to slow down near the end and only really be able to squirm, not really kick, because they just don't have room...Thomas doesn't have that problem, and he's a big, healthy baby, so he puts lots of oompf behind those kicks. I feel like I'm carrying a team of field goal kickers or something.

Right after Doc told us to come back in a week, he left the room so I could get dressed. I couldn't help it, I started crying. So he comes back and I'm sniffling into a kleenex. [Cry] I'm just so frustrated at this point...and tired...and sore...and tired...and tired...

Hubby bought me a new baby swing today. Christy, if you read this, I reccommend this one. Especially if you like to spend time outdoors or away from home. Just think...PORTABILITY! That's the only drawback with any swing...but not this one. [Big Grin]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
((Boon))
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

How frustrating! (((((Boon)))))

But it's great that he's healthy, and remembering the whole head-down thing. [Big Grin] You just did a bit TOO good of a job at making a comfy nest -- he figures it's a great pad, he's got it to himself -- why leave? [Wink]

Good luck!

Boon
unregistered

Dan says he left post-its in there..."punch here", "kick there"...
rivka
Member # 4859

[ROFL]

I knew it!

Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Boon, we've already gotten this rocker for much the same reason [Smile] I do like that swing, though! I hadn't seen it when we were registering.

My mom also just got us a travel playpen from a friend of hers who was getting rid of it. I think that will be really nice for outdoors and visiting relatives, too.

Hang in there! I know a week sounds like a long time, but you'll make it through! I don't envy you the kicks -- I think my little girl is doing somersaults now, but she's been quite a kicker as well!

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.