FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Help me pick a lawyer (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Help me pick a lawyer
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I wrote to Albus and sent him a pdf copy of all the paperwork that I had. What I didn't have was a copy of the letter of refusal from the insurance company, but I gave the name of the woman in Germany who has that. It looks like something is happening. He's going to talk to her immediately and then give me a sizeup of the story.

I really like this guy. He wants to look at the case and files before telling me what my chances are and how much it will cost, which is much, much better than the "Give me a kajillion dollars to look at your file" people. Yay!

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Good, katharina.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds great! [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
yeay!!!!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Update. Albus is talking to the lady in Germany who was helping me before, and she is looking for the letter from the insurance company refusing to pay. He'll get back to me when she gets that to him.

He's been very professional and not condescending. This is great.

I also have a confession. *hangs head in shame* It seemed like such a boring, unpleasant, yet necessary thread that I felt I had to do something to make it mildly amusing. I'm afraid all names contained herein are made up. I'm sticking with Albus, though. He's getting more Dumbledorian with every e-mail.

Sorry about that. *shuffles feet* You were right, Law Guy. I didn't really think anyone actually believed it until I was talking about Albus last night and someone was so delighted he and Dumbledore had the same name.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
That's it. Ban her!

Not for making up the names, but for telling us about it. Ruins my faith in the German legal system.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.