FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Is this a girl thing or a Mormonism thing? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Is this a girl thing or a Mormonism thing?
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
<--- Non-conforming non-mormon girl.

Chocolate... meh. It's all very good and well occasionally. I mean, I like it and stuff. [Smile] White, then milk, then dark, probably. But I get sick of it easily (far more easily than I used to, interestingly enough) and I haven't even opened my Easter eggs yet. It's midnight, Monday, here. [Razz]

I guess I'm a freak. [Big Grin]

O, but I don't think liking chocolate is a girl thing at all. My sisters all like chocolate, sure, but so does my brother, and I think Dad likes it at least equally if not more, and my boyfriend likes it way more than I do. So do most of my friends... Hmm. Yeah, I'd say the sexes are equal on this one.

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Chocolate rules the world and should be given its own religion so that we can celebrate it the way it deserves. I am a girl but not mormon and I probably don't go a day without it.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Would everyone be shocked to learn that I'm not a huge chocolate fan? I mean, I like it and all, but it can't be pure. I can't handle solid milk chocolate (dark is too bitter and I have a harder time with it anyway). I had to threaten bodily harm to my poor mother to get her to stop buying those d*** chocolate easter bunnies. If there's something to break up the chocolate, even just rice crisps, it's different and I'm fine. But my vices run more in the direction of gummy sweets and berries (the real kind of berries - strawberries ARE candy, mmmmmm).

[edit]
<---- Catholic Girl
[/edit]

[ April 12, 2004, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: Eaquae Legit ]

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Chocolate rules the world and should be given its own religion so that we can celebrate it the way it deserves
Interestingly, the active compound in chocolate, the one that makes you feel like you're in love, is theobromine which translates to "gift of God" (godds if you prefer).

My Lutheran church has a "Chocolate Sunday" every year. Ity is a fundraiser for youth missions and corresponds with the last day on Sunday School ( in case you forgot to get your kids teacher a gift). The pastor actually wears a Hershey's stole.

I love chocolate. Only dark though, no nuts or anything. Although I made some peanut butter eggs for Easter and they were quite yummy (Adam;s peanut butter and brown sugar for the filling, dipped in melted Ghirardelli double chocolate chips.) Also made some dark chocolate coconut haystacks. Didn't make truffles this time though, ran out of money.
My favorite bars- Terra Nostra Organic Dark Truffle and Dagoba New Moon 74%. Divine.

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Audeo
Member # 5130

- posted      Profile for Audeo   Email Audeo         Edit/Delete Post 
mmmm...chocolate. After reading this thread I'm very glad I have some from easter. I got a pouch of Ghirardelli's squares. Ghirardelli's dark chocolate is absolutely the best. For Christmas I got Ghirardelli's dark chocolate with mint filling, sigh....there's just no words to describe it. I savored every bite. I enjoy all kinds though. Even the cheap Easter bunny chocolate, though the dark stuff is best. BTW Ghirardelli's has a website that's pretty neat. Ghirardelli chocolate And we really don't need a religion, I mean we already have a whole holiday devoted to chocolate, sure some folks confuse eggs, bunnies, and something about Christ, but really it's about chocolate. There's a similar one in October, though it's more nondenominational and simply celebrates all candy, but chocolate plays a big role. For the record I am mormon and female, but even my non-mormon brothers and male friends enjoy chocolate, so it isn't just gender or religion, well except for being a religion of its own.
Posts: 349 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.