FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » ARRRRRRG! They did it AGAIN! (The Wonderfalls Thread) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: ARRRRRRG! They did it AGAIN! (The Wonderfalls Thread)
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
I actually understand. It's really quirky and eccentric.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
"Totem Mole" script has been posted here.

I've been hearing mixed things about the chances Wonderfalls has of being picked up. We heard that the WB was going to review it for consideration. Tim said he was going to show them the pilot and one or two other episodes, probably Lovesick Ass. But a day or two after he said that, I read somewhere that the WB wasn't considering it at all. So I am very [Confused] over it all.

Not Wonderfalls news, but kinda related... a friend of mine recently posted a link to Dead or Alive a Firefly script that wasn't filmed (other scripts can be found here. I heard at the Buffistas that for some reason it was decided not to shoot it, and that portions of the script were incorporated into other episodes throughout the season. It's interesting reading. I have the same fascination for "Corrupt", an early Angel script that was canned, and for the first drafts of Star Wars. It's really fun to see how the stories change and evolve, and to figure out why certain decisions were made.

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
Things keep going back and forth on wonderfalls one minute WB is looking at it, and another minute they are not. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens over the summer. It does seem to be a good fit for the WB, but you never know. I do hope it gets picked up though, I think it had potential. It is annoying when a show like Wonderfalls not only gets canned, but gets canned with a lot of filmed, yet unaired episodes.

Overall, I thought this year was a rough year for good TV shows.

I also kind of liked century city (a law show set in the year 2030). It got canned rather quickly though due to poor ratings. I think part of the problem with that show is that one of its first few shows got knocked offline by a Bush speech and then rescheduled for a different day. That kind of thing right at the beginning makes it tough to find an audience. Another show that I wished had made it was The Handler. I thought they had a good concept, and a good cast…but I guess it was not meant to be. I believe it was another fox show, but it has been off the air to long for me to remember.

Has anyone looked into the new shows for next year? I looked at some of what networks were looking into, and was not very impressed. I thought the freshman shows this year were a lot better quality wise (though their ratings were not great, which lead to a lot of cancellations). Who knows, one day soon all that we will have to watch is crappy reality TV

[ May 02, 2004, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: Lupus ]

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I just watched the pilot with the commentary track listed on that site. Cool stuff!

And that Music Video is GREAT. Caroline looks like a simply, well, fun person.

PLUS there's footage from the unaired episodes!

I couldn't get the Karma Chameleon deleted scenes to work, the links were dead when I tried, although I'll keep trying back.

--

I hope we get the Pilot and 13th Episode scripts up.

Thanks for the linkage, xnera! Fabulous stuff. What a great show.

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

ATTENTION!

Episodes 6 and 7 have leaked from DVD screeners onto the http://www.suprnova.org BitTorrent network. If you don't have BitTorrent, you SHOULD.

Check it out! And for those who missed the 4 broadcast eps...they're right there as well.

*eagerly downloads new Wonderfalls goodness!*

[ May 09, 2004, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: Taalcon ]

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

Good news - DVDs may be on the way!

http://www.savewonderfalls.com/index.html

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.