FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Wedding bets are now being taken (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Wedding bets are now being taken
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cool] Combination wedding and birthday party!

jexx...So, on the one hand, I'm in a wheelchair, but on the other hand I get some cool cargo pants and I'm finally thin!

I hope at least it was one of those cool racing wheel chairs.

Argentine Tango! Excellent!!!

Lambada, the Forbidden Dance.

Bobada, the Forbidden Pun!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Argentine Tango.
Rhaegar, blacwolve, Shira and I actually took a class last summer... we could contribute to this. [Big Grin]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
(no chicken dance...sorry)

Thank Goodness!! I have had enough of chickens forever, thank you.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Jexx, can you dream me thin, too?
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
(no chicken dance...sorry)

(hugs Bob and just won't let go...)

Thank you.... [Cry]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Kat, which electric slide? There were two of them....and yes, I CAN do both....but as a wedding gift to Bob, I won't.....
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, it was awesome, and had a little step on the back (like a tricycle does) so you could give people rides. But you wouldn't give me a ride! And you still haven't answered my question! [Razz] Oddly, it also had a little joystick to control it with, even though you seemed to have plenty of upper body strength. *shrug* Who am I to question the Chair of Bob?

Elizabeth, I will try very hard to dream you thin tonight when I go to bed. I'm pretty good at directed dreaming, so it might work! Would help, of course, if I knew what you looked like originally. It's not necessary, though, I have an active imagination!

For the record: I love the chicken dance. LOVE IT! But I will settle for the Macarena as long as katharina and Ela will dance with me. [Smile]

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Deal. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Could we do the Time Warp instead of the Macarena?

It's just a jump to the left...

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Let's do the Time Warp again .
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
*ahem* (too soon for the refrain...)

"and then a step to the right."

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
**Pictures Bob dressed up as Frankfurter**
[Eek!]
*Leaves thread*

ps. If I can make it, depending on the kids at that time, would you be interested in Karaoke? I might be able to bring that, for the reception, not the wedding.

[ March 30, 2004, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: Dan_raven ]

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
YES!
[Big Grin]

Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Posable_Man
Member # 5105

- posted      Profile for Posable_Man           Edit/Delete Post 
Dan, I figured since jexx put me in a wheelchair, I'd end up being Dr. Scott...

<trades in cargo pants for fishnets, high heels, and a nice warm blanket>

Ahhhh....

My only problem with karaoke at the reception is that I'm not a good singer and some of the guests may be armed.

Posts: 82 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
::sees visions of an elegant reception featuring waltzing and the occasional foxtrot headed down the drain::

[Big Grin]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

You and I can waltz.

I'm not sure what the foxtrot is, but I'm willing to imitate just about any woodland creature if it'll amuse you, my pet!

[Razz]

Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
People will be armed?... Are they tiger poachers?

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

I think you guys are all missing the key part to the exciting and joyous celebration of the union of two very fine people: Vittles.

[Razz] [Wink]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
One thing I learned from my wedding and several others was that the surest way to get the chicken dance played is to specifically tell the DJ NOT to play it.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

Hobbes -- We’ve got it covered.

Zan – no DJ. Live band, and I know the leader personally. Not an issue.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Woohoo! I love those chocolate fountains.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

I have yet to be at a wedding reception that did not start all dignified and classy, and end up a wild drunken debauche.

Then again, that might just be the people I hang out with.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

See, and I have been to only one reception that didn't start out a little nervous and end with the ushers playing basketball while the stragglers gather in the kitchen.

I think...the difference is alcohol.

zgator
Member # 3833

Dana, you threatened them with excommunication, didn't you?
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

<--*Doesn't like chocolate* That OK though, for every not liking choclate part of me, there's two liking choclate parts in Annie. [Wink]

I'm psyched, I really hope we can make it, you two are so great! [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I think dkw might want to consider taking a cue from the Mormons and having, following her own small and tasteful gathering, a "ring ceremony" of some sort. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

Wouldn’t have worked, they’re Lutherans.

edit, that was to Zan.

[ March 30, 2004, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: dkw ]

dkw
Member # 3264

Tom, you’re talking to the woman who once got stopped for public intoxication, but has never had a drink in her life. Small and tasteful is not the goal here.

But NO chicken dance.

zgator
Member # 3833

If you have any special things you want served before dinner, make sure someone saves some of it for you. Kristine is stilled pissed off that all the chocolate covered strawberries were gone before we got to the reception.

And if you have a table just for the two of you, don't have it located right at the front of the buffet line.

Just because the photographer says he's going to get lots of candid photos, doesn't mean he's really going to do it.

dkw
Member # 3264

mac, don't lie about the photos!

Problem solved. [Razz]

dkw
Member # 3264

Seriously, zan, thanks for the tips. I'm taking notes. [Smile]
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

We had a giant family to-do over videotaping the wedding. I did not want it tpaed. Taping the reception was OK, but I really think some things need to be left to memory, and I stuck to my guns. I still haven't regretted it. We did have the wedding photographed, but that was somehow OK with me.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Personally I get upset when you spend the majority of the "Most important day of your life" getting photos taken to "remember it by" and you don't spend any time doing anything worth remembering.

You are going to have loads of family, strange looking strangers, friends and parishoners all begging for a few moments of your time.

Make sure you set aside some time for yourself.

zgator
Member # 3833

Try and get as many of those pictures out of the way before the ceremony - bride with her family and bridesmaids, groom with his family and groomsmen, etc.

If it's hot outside, kick mack if she suggests pictures of the two of you outside with Bob lifting you up or spinning you around. It's not an easy position to hold while she focuses her camera.

And if you need help, Dana, I've also helped plan bachelorette parties.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I don't recall who said this, but it seems to be true sometimes:
quote:
The wedding isn't for the bride & groom. It's not for their families either. The wedding is for the photographer.
We're going to try very hard to be an exception to that rule.

On the other hand, we have the coolest photographer on the planet, so maybe we'll be okay with it.

Dana forgot to mention that we're going to need four chocolate fountains, one for each corner of the room.

Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Do all the photos before the wedding. This way you can enjoy your reception. Also, be sure to talk with the photographer about poses that you absolutely want. This helps eliminate disappointment later.

We had a lot of success with disposable cameras at the tables. They were expensive, but provided the best candid moments that you could capture. The photographer just isn't going to get those kinds of shots.

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

"poses that you absolutely want."

Let Posable Man take care of this.

Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow - I just did the chicken dance with a bunch of 4-year olds on a monitoring visit to their classroom. It was fun!

You guys don't know what you're missing!

Will there be some running room for kidlets at the reception? Just another thought -

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
For the record: I love the chicken dance. LOVE IT! But I will settle for the Macarena as long as katharina and Ela will dance with me.
Yay, I get to dance with jexx and Katie! [Big Grin]

[Party]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
*reads about chocolate fountains*

ooooooooooooooooooh!

if you only get one, I vote for dark chocolate... or start with the dark chocolate, then switch to milk chocolate later...

dang, too late for me to eat any chocolate tonight...

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
So maybe we should just have a thread devoted to hatrack instructions for bob and dana's wedding photographer?

(Speaking of...bobndana, need to know what ya'll want...and bob, don't say pictures, or I'll have to thwap you when I meet you.)

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

[Blushing]
*takes back all comments about photographers not getting candid shots*
[Blushing]
*should have realized that of COURSE Mack would be the photographer*

Mack has a great eye for expressions! [Hail]

I was going to post some of my favorites from our wedding, but realized that I love almost all the reception photos! [Smile]

My favorite "posed" shot isn't on the website, though, I don't think. We had Tom kneel down as if he were proposing, holding my hand and looking up adoringly. *giggle* The poor guy had wet knees all morning, though!

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
dear me, now the pressure is on o_O
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Did I say "pictures?"

I meant "snap shots."

[Razz]

Christy
Member # 4397

[Razz]
Christy
Member # 4397

Here is a list of poses for ideas for traditional shots to get started. The more "fun" pictures, in my opinion, are the artistic/photojournalism style photography (which Mack does so well [Big Grin] ), and depend on the couple and photographer. You probably want a combination of both.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Yes, I think we'd pretty much decided on a combination of the couple AND the photographer.

[Big Grin]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Well, shoot, I might as well just go ahead and post that one in the out of context thread myself.

Sheesh!

dkw
Member # 3264

[Eek!] !

We are planning on the disposable cameras on the tables – we want mac to be able to have fun at the reception and not have to be running around taking pictures the whole time.

[ March 31, 2004, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: dkw ]

Christy
Member # 4397

Boys! [Razz]

*gets off wedding-planning soapbox now*

Sorry, the excitement gets to me. I love planning. I planned my wedding for two years before we got married. [Blushing]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.