FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » older (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: older
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Zan, if the thought of actually being 30 weren't freaking me out quite so much (particularly being 30 and being at the point in my life that I am), I'm sure I'd find that very comforting.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I am 19 turning 20 in May, and it scares the S out of me. I was supposed to be responsible by the time I turned 20.
*laughs hysterically*

Ask the people at this forum how many of them really feel like they are as responsible as they should be.

(22)

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still annoyed by the fact that Dan and I have both the same name and the same birthday.

But, darn it, he called it first.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
How on earth are you only 22 years old? You seem way more mature than I will be ever.
Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Really? People who know me think I'm sixteen.

Of course, I DO have two kids. That helps mature one up considerably.

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig
Member # 4704

I can imagine. Or perhaps that was cannot. I have a hard enough time keeping track of my dogs, and I have almost no expenses to worry about either. Kids scare me.

Related to perceived age online, for some reason people on the Internet thought I was quite a bit older than I really was a few years back, my actual age being around 14. Unfortunately this is no longer the case. [Smile]

Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Nah, I thought you were older than you are.
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe you're 22 and have 2 kids. How did you have the time?
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

The time for what, Bob?
Danzig
Member # 4704

By how many years, just out of curiosity?
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

That's probably the wrong question. Assuming you had the first kid at 20, where was I at 20? I'm pretty sure I was curled up in the fetal position in a hovel writing poetry about how nobody understands me.
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
dkw-- [Smile] Late November 1971 was a good time for Hatrack, I think!

Sndrake--I remember that thread! Probably one of the best "It's my birthday" type threads I've seen; I remember wishing *I'd* thought of doing a thread like that. I'd completely forgotten that you were born on the 22nd though.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
When I was 20 I was spending most of my time skipping class at KU at every opportunity, and living in a fantastic little house in the woods on a commune outside of town with my then girlfriend, my then dog, and my then two kittens. The pets have all died [Frown] . The girlfriend hasn't; we just broke up later that year [Smile] .
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Danzig: By a good measure. No specific age in my brain though.

Bob: I didn't have the time. Jes MADE the time.

Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be 28 on june 19th. which is a saturday, which is one of my days off from work.

[Party]

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Noemon, you share a birthday with my older sister! (Nov. 21). However, hers is a few years before yours... (1957). Another Kansas scorpio, I see...

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
I am turning 30 this year (six months minus two days). Not sure how I feel about it. Mostly, I'm okay with it. But I really, really expected to be married by the time I was 30, and it ain't gonna happen.
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Isn't Licky turning 40 this year?
::shakes fist::

::pees in Zan's beer::

Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
It COULD. Just find some random guy and ask, then tell him after the wedding you want a divorce, because you only married him for the experience.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Sndrake--I remember that thread! Probably one of the best "It's my birthday" type threads I've seen; I remember wishing *I'd* thought of doing a thread like that. I'd completely forgotten that you were born on the 22nd though.
Thanks! [Blushing]

You know, you could still do something that's a variation on a theme...

Ask people to come up with all the notable things they can find associated with your birthday.

Or make your own list (after your own exhaustive research) of really obscure stuff and challenge people to try to find the tie-in to your birthday.

Something - you've got some time to think about it and play with it. Imagination is something you've got plenty of. [Smile]

Somebody (I'm too lazy to look back right now) mentioned dropping year off their age at some point. I lost track of a year once. My best guess is that the error occurred during the highly traumatic Reagan years. I realized my error and reconnected with my lost year during Clinton's reign. [Wink]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
I always forget the exact number . . . is that what you mean?
Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Ick,

If you're talking to me, then yeah. For a few years, I thought I was a year younger than I actually was.

Meanwhile...

Peeing in beer, Ick?
[No No]

It's OK, though - I was young once, too. [Razz]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

xnera, I never expected to be 30 and single either. [Dont Know]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
What's wrong with the single guys in LA? They really must be messed up to have missed you, rivka!

Stupid guys....

...Wait a minute....

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

eslaine, it turns out there's something even less what I expected than being (almost) 30 and single.

It's being 30 and not-quite-single. [Razz]

Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

- posted      Profile for Anti-Chris           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 18 turning 19 in May, and I'm quite comfy with that fact.
Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to turn 40 last November, but I decided to age like Merlin, instead, so i am 38 now.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.