FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Anyone in Provo want to do lunch on Saturday? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Anyone in Provo want to do lunch on Saturday?
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Yipee!

I'll be there at 1:00! [Big Grin]

Sounds like with the kids Kiwanis would be a great idea! *Hopes the weather holds out on us*

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh dear...I heard it might snow tomorrow.

I wore flip flops today! Snow should not be allowed!

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
I am very dissapointed I won't be able to make it!

[side note]
We need more North of Salt Lake Hatrackers.
[/side note]

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
According to my sources, the weather is looking better and better! Yes, a few days ago they were predicting snow, but now it looks like the skies will be pretty clear and high 40s if not 50s. I could see that working for a picnic. The kids would enjoy that.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, lets talk visitor parking.

Get off 1-15 on University Parkway. Drive long ways away.

Ok, there's the BYU Stadium. Drive past?

After driving past, I'll need to turn right on some street, right? What street would I turn right on?

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

Well, my suggestion would be to turn right on Canyon (just before the stadium...you'll see it on your left on the other side of the street), and then at the next big light (I think there's a little one that's just at a parking lot, but that's not it) turn left. I think at that point that street is called Bulldog. This road goes up into campus and you'll pass the Marriot Center on your left. It wraps around and becomes Campus drive at some point. But before it curves too much there is a visitor's parking lot on the right (there's a sign for it). Or, since it's Saturday and most lots are M-F, you could drive farther and park in one of the lots behind the Wilkinson Center where the Cougareat is. But like someone already mentioned, I'd read the signs to make sure the lot's not enforced on a Saturday if you do that. Have I helped or confused you more? [Smile]
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

Oh, and it looks like the weather is going to be beautiful today. [Big Grin] I think it might be fun to bring balls/frisbees/whatever else you can use outside so we could have fun at the park. Too bad I don't have any of those things... Anybody want to bring stuff? [Smile]
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Turn right on Canyon.

Turn left at big light.

Look for visitor parking.

Got it.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm at the library right now studying for my dumb PS100 test...Can't wait!
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

*bump*

It was quite fun. It's too bad we missed Pat and afr. But beverly, Mr. P and their chitlins came, as well as pooka and her little ones, and Amka, Jennie, Jon Boy and Ruth, Nate, Pajeba, and myself. Am I missing anyone? I sure hope not. Oh wait...ANNIE! The whole purpose of our get-together! And Annie's friends and Pooka's sister were there for a while as well. We had fun at the park while the littleuns played on the swings. Hatracker's babies are so gorgeous.

Let's see...my seen list is now up to...twelve. Nate was bragging about being in his 50s. Alas.

beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
So, did the party really get started after we left? [Wink] We would love to have stayed longer, but we had "potty problems".

I did feel like I spent more time tending children than gabbing, but it was a wonderful opportunity nonetheless.

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
I missed it [Frown]
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

Yeah Zev, my list of Utah jatraqueros that I haven't met yet is growing quite short, and you're still on it. Something definitely must be done about this.

Let's see if I have you beat Ashley...my total is now (*does a quick mental headcount*) 18! Wow! That's cool. (Still not as cool as Nathan, but really, who is as cool as Nathan? [Wink] ) +6 mini-Jatraqueros from today. They were all so cute!! And Athena was the coolest because we share the same birthday (just thought I'd mention it one last time...I think it's great! [Smile] ).

Beverly, it was too bad about the potty problems. [Wink] You just missed going to the creamery for ice cream (and laughing at unsuspecting car passengers who stopped at the signal outside the window we were sitting at. [Evil] )

Thanks for making this whole thing happen, Annie (our illustrious guest-of-honor of the day). [Big Grin] It was great to meet you. I'm glad we got to help fill your day of waiting for Hobbes to come. It was also fun to meet Pooka, Amka, Mr. & Mrs. Porteiro Head, and all the little ones. [Big Grin] And I of course can't leave out all the other Utah get-together "regulars". Always fun to see you guys. [Smile] Just lots of fun overall!

Oh, and Paula, let me know if you want to borrow Enchantment. We could meet somewhere on campus so I wouldn't have to walk all the way to DT. [Wink]

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
You've got the worst luck, Zevlag. One of these days, though. One of these days . . .

It's too bad Ruth and I had to take off early. It was a lot of fun meeting everyone, especially my triplet Annie.

I'm just surprised that nobody talked about mafia the whole time. . . .

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Worst luck? Zev was at WENCHCON! That makes him luckier than most of y'all.
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.