FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Acting chameleons (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Acting chameleons
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
Ghosts are no fun, you can't tickle them. [Smile]
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes - but when I saw him in it I immediately recognized him as Kevin Kline. But, his character was very different from all his other characters.

So by the standards of the criteria in the first post, he's not a chameleon. But he is a very good actor. All I was saying.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Ghosts are no fun, you can't tickle them
True, but Brujo can eat them.

This plug for Scott R is brought to you by the letter R and the number 13

Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I said it on the other thread, but let's say it again : I'm not OSC-Fan ! I don't know hoiw to prove it, but I'm not ! It would be a very bad joke indeed.
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Anna we know *hugs* we love you. Sorry things aren't working out with your in-laws. I thought you weren't actually married yet but planning the wedding?

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka
Member # 139

- posted      Profile for aka   Email aka         Edit/Delete Post 
Sweetie, nobody thinks you were. They were making a joke. We all love you! <<<<<Anna>>>>>
Posts: 5509 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry. Usually I'm not that way, but I feel so down just know I think I only have persons who care for me on Hatrack, so... I've been stupid, I guess. I apologize for taking things that way.
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka
Member # 139

- posted      Profile for aka   Email aka         Edit/Delete Post 
It's okay! Getting married is always hard for people, I think. It'll all be worth it when it's over. [Smile] <<<<Anna>>>>
Posts: 5509 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

"You are OSC fan!"
"No I'm not! Take that back!"

Imagine the confused casual visitors to Hatrack reading all our messages vehemently denying that we are OSC fans.

[Smile]

Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

You're a funny cat, vwiggin.

Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

*meow* [Monkeys]
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Especially OJ, who seems looking for conspiracies in every corner for no reason , as far as we know he/she could have been the one to play with adm controls.
I never said it was an adm or mod and he/she knows it well, OJ is specialized in twisting other people's words,

OSC Fan, we know each other a little too well to fall for that kind of crap. Banna is a well known, well loved member of this forum. Attempts to smear her aren't going to work.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
OSC-fan: What exactly is she lying about?
Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Especially OJ, who seems looking for conspiracies in every corner for no reason , as far as we know he/she could have been the one to play with adm controls.
I never said it was an adm or mod and he/she knows it well, OJ is specialized in twisting other people's words,

Let’s see, Banna comes to Hatrack and spends two years making friends and building a good online reputation for herself. All the while she is quietly using her l33t hacking skills to break UBB security and create an alternate administration profile for herself.

After months of hard work, she achieves her goal and quickly scans the forums for a likely victim. She seizes on newcomer OSC-Fan and quickly frames her by creating a fake thread in her name.

As further insult, Banna delete’s all of OSC-Fan’s wonderfully witty posts, even the ones that contain the ultimate solutions to the problems faced by single-mothers.

As Banna’s evil plot achieves fruition, OSC-Fan bravely tries to defend herself, but to no avail! Not only is Banna a master hacker, she is also a master manipulator, capable of twisting OSC-Fan’s words so that our poor, feeble minds turn on the innocent victim. In a case of mass delusion, all of the members of Hatrack remember OSC-Fan’s posts not as the marvel of wit and ingenuity that they were, but rather as adolescent-sounding, insulting, deceptive mockeries of themselves.

Thank goodness OSC-Fan is here to expose the evil that is BannaOJ!

Dagonee
P.S., Banna, if you did actually manage to pull something like this off, I must commend you on your choice of victims. [Smile]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

[ROFL]
Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
My thoughts on this:

Danny Glover, when given a chance, has terrific range.

I've got to say Bruce Willis is a fine actor who is adept at action, comedy, tragedy, the full gamut. Much more to him than meets the public eye.

Robert Duvall turns out some great work, very delicately crafted (whether the personas are delicate or not).

Salma Hayek has fabulous range and has really been showing it in recent years. She's lumped in with the "pretty" actresses but deserves much, much more credit.

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

OSC-fan: How about we move this discussion to the other thread so that we don't disrupt this one.
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

I'm no claiming that you started that thread. because I know that it was Anna. But you, or someone using your name started another thread before that announcing that you were leaving hatrack and that any questions could be directed at katharina.

I just wanna figure out what's going on. Come on over here and let's talk about it. And if you don't, then you shouldn't be surprised if people don't believe you.

[ March 11, 2004, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: St. Yogi ]

Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
I've got another one. I was just watching Gattaca again, and I realized that Tony Shalhoub had a part in it. I'd never noticed that before. He's always in movies, and I'm a big fan, but he's always so different that I sometimes don't even notice it.

I first saw him in Wings, where he played that Italian guy. That's what I associated him with, which is unlike anything else he's ever played, and that's why it took me so long to notice him in anything else. He's been in The Man Who Wasn't There, Men in Black, Gattaca, Galaxy Quest, Spy Kids, probably a bunch more stuff I've never seen him in, and, of course, Monk. You have to see him in a few roles to start noticing him, because you can become a huge fan of one of his roles and he'll totally diappear into his next character so much that you'll never believe it's the same guy.

What a genius.

Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.