FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » An Overreaction on my part? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: An Overreaction on my part?
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, if I ever see your girls wearing those shorts with something written across the rear, I will have to flog you.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
My mother told me yesterday that when she went to the drug store with my younger sister(13) she(my sister) was offered condoms. My mother just ignored her, but I said that I would have yelled at the lady just what the hell she thought she was doing. My mother said that would be overreacting, but I just don't see how.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Icarus, it sounded to me like the guy was complimenting a little girl whose mom wasn't in ear shot. Is that the case? If so, isn't that kind of creepy?
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Just out of curiosity, how old is this guy?
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
As much as I am against the idea of teen sex, I think that most people that pass out condoms to teens are honestly trying to help them be safe and healthy. I wouldn't want to blow up on somebody trying to help, as much as what they are implying (teen sex is OK/normal [well, it *is* normal, but not OK]) goes completely against my beliefs.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
Seeking to separate a kid from a parent is creepy. Seeking to touch a kid is creepy. Seeking to talk about private parts is creepy. Complimenting body parts that in adults are considered sexual is creepy. Telling a kid she has pretty eyes is not inherently creepy.

-o-

Zan, I totally agree. I think this is one of the most insane fashion trends I have ever heard of, and I personally cannot understand why parents allow their little girls to wear them. I mean, these shorts are inviting people to take a good look at little girls' butts. Please, Zan, if I ever let my daughters wear stuff like that, feel free to flog me.

[ March 04, 2004, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: lcarus ]

Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
No question, he's creepy, and bears close watching. I can't think of anything Belle said I don't agree with.

Whenever I have to pick up my kids at school because they have to leave at an odd time, the people at the desk always apologize when they ask for my ID. I keep telling them not to, they should be demanding it and be suspicious of anyone that complains.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
There are days when I am so happy we had a boy.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
I get pretty annoyed when they ask for my ID.

(Of course, I've known them personally for three years . . . [Big Grin] )

Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.