FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Ok, the PacNW gathering DID slightly involve LotR... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Ok, the PacNW gathering DID slightly involve LotR...
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I will figure out what's going on in the next couple days and post. Promise.

Zotto, see above above and just replace 'post' with 'call.' [Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't get your email, Narnia, and we're hitting the road, so I wrote you one with my # if you wanna gimme a call. [Smile]
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
[Kiss] Cecily - thank you, ma'am! [Smile]
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Frisco, I called you. (I don't know if you're on this weekend at all.)

Everyone else, fear not. I'm working on it. [Smile]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

[Party]
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like I will definitely be picking people up from the Airport on Saturday; I still need to find out what time the flight comes in and all that to determine when/whether I can spend much time meeting with you folks.
Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

My fish are alive.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Thanks for the update. I'm glad they didn't kill each other. [Big Grin] (And I'm glad you got home safe.)

So how are old Red fish and Blue?

Or is it Mephistopheles and Superfly?

Did Chris ever figure it out?

Narnia
Member # 1071

*avoids looking anyone in the eye*

So. I've been swamped this week. Haven't had time to plan or look into anything. Just discovered that I probably won't have transportation on Saturday. [Frown]

So I'm the deadbeat and I'm sorry. If you guys still want to come down, I could figure out a way to meet you somewhere (OMSI or something). But I haven't planned anything for us to do. [Frown]

So, if you end up NOT wanting to come down, I don't blame you and I would LOVE to find a day and drive up THERE, or just set another date for a shindig down here.

So. What do you guys think? (sorry about this, I feel guilty.)

[Frown]

Frisco
Member # 3765

No transportation?

What, are all those train tracks running through the city just for decoration? [Razz]

Red Fish and Blue Fish are fine. Neither were starving when I got home. As I type, they're puffed up and having an Alpha Male battle.

Narnia
Member # 1071

Cool. When is Chris going to get that fishcam up and running??!!

I'm very cool with the tracks in the city...if we STAY in the city or nearby. (Like OMSI for instance...hint hint...)

So yeah, if you guys just want to HANG OUT!! (oh horror!) then I can get there and it would still be fun. I just felt bad because I haven't planned anything like I said I would.

(What would I do without Frisco to take the drama out of any situation?) [Big Grin]

[ March 18, 2004, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Shan
Member # 4550

What's wrong with hanging out and just going with the flow? Sounds good to me, Cecily!
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't been in a car since the OSC signing. Portland is MADE to be walked in, Narn. [Razz]
Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

You know, Cecily - you, too, could ride in my cool new truck! [Big Grin]
Nato
Member # 1448

Well... Do you have spicy cheese dip? If so, give me directions to your place pronto! Or tell me where it will be on Saturday..

Also, I still don't know exactly what I'm doing on Saturday. I got home from Eugene yesterday and my dad had nearly destroyed the family computer. So we've been working on getting it back together, and it's finally looking good.

Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Nathan,

Here's the plan so far. Shan and I are driving down, possibly picking up Zotto, going to Cecily's house. We're shooting for arrival at ~ 10 AM. Cecily says lunch would be okay to have at her house, at which time she will bring out the aforementioned spicy cheese dip.

Email Cecily and tell her what time you'll be arriving! She'll give you directions to her house (unless you've made her mad, in which case the directions will lead you into the most crime-ridden neighborhood in Portland) and you can join us for Hatrack...the gathering.

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

However . . . there WILL be more than one . . .

[Razz]

(Bring cool tapes/CDs, Jon!)

Narnia
Member # 1071

If you guys don't mind that our downstairs is torn up...and barely habitable. [Smile] We'll hang out in the kitchen family room and EAT. And there is a place to watch movies.

Why don't you guys shoot for a little later than 10...like 11 or 11:30 so I have time to get my bearings today and tomorrow morning. Is that ok?

(Have we figured out if we'll fit in the truck for our excursions after lunch? If not, I can get down there by the light rail and meet you guys somewhere or whatever.)

Nato
Member # 1448

Alrighty; I'll talk to Meggie this afternoon. Her relatives that we're picking up at PDX fly in at 2 PM, so it's definitely possible that I could be available at 11:00/11:30 for some Hatrack Gatherin'

I'll email you this afternoon, Narnia.

Narnia
Member # 1071

Bumpage [Wink]

Haven't heard from Nato yet...and I don't know if Zotto is still alive. No one is answering the phone at his house.

I have everything for lunch though, so come one come all!!

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Zotto was on AIM briefly last night, so I'm pretty sure he's alive. [Wink]

Have fun, guys!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Yeah! What do you want us to bring, m'dear?
Zotto!
Member # 4689

Crud! Me and my brother were walking up and down the West Hills today while our dad was at work, so no one was home to get your calls, Cec!

...but I'm home now and your number is still lost...so call me! Right now! Arg! [Smile]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Zotto, get on AIM and I'll give you her number. Or give me your number and I'll call and give you my number. Or something else to do with numbers. And I sent you email so read it!
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Still meeting at 8 a.m., Jon?
Nato
Member # 1448

Sorry for disappearing like that. I don't think I'll be able to make it, but email me directions to your place anyways if you read this. (I'll email you too.) I might be able to stop by for a bit, but my parents reqeusted that I stay around here for longer than I wanted in the morning.
Narnia
Member # 1071

K, I emailed Jon and Nate. What time are you planning to show up? Are you picking up Zotto? Will you call me when you pick up Zotto and I'll give you directions from there?

???

See you tomorrow!

JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

We will pick Zotto up. We will be there by 11-11:30 AM. We will call you. We will we will rock you.
Shan
Member # 4550

Jon! Can you, do you, have Queen? Nathan has listened to my tape so much that the tape is destroyed!
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Well? *taps foot impatiently*

Details, people, I want details!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Oh my gosh. SOOOOOO fun. I'll wager that the AZ crowd didn't have NEAR as much fun as we did.

Jon, Zotto and Shan showed up at my house about noon and all of us (including Abrynne) pigged out for a while and talked. Then Abrynne had to go to work, we went into the living room and Zotto played the guitar for us. [Smile]

AFter that, the day was SOOO beautiful that we decided to go to the zoo. Funny long story about how we parked, took the shuttle, got there and got in. Chemical spurting rocks, fun animals, and tons of fun. We stayed there for a really really long time and tried to see EVERYTHING. Shan and Zotto were especially fascinated by the meerkats, while I was just mesmerized by the bats. Bizarre creatures those!! [Smile] We took pictures, sat on benches and had tons of fun.

Then we went to eat PIZZA in a really cool place, had a lot of fun doing that, went to the IMAX, decided we didn't like anything there, discovered that Jon hadn't seen RotK yet, dragged him to that and then went to see that! [Smile] 3.5 hours later, we emerged, stopped by my house for a caffiene fix for Shan's ride home, and we said goodbye. [Frown]

So fun folks. I LOVE Shan's new truck, I LOVE riding in the back of it down the freeway in a totally scary and illegal way.

I LOVE Jatraqueros. I do I do!! Mwah!!

Shan
Member # 4550

But Cecily, you're forgetting important and crucial things!

I'm still waiting for stories from your dad's flight lessons (Cecily has a very cool family in case you all don't know); Cecily's brownies included LOTS of choco chips and were delicious; Cecily played us her very own composition, a beautiful piece; Neither Jon nor Zotto can/will ??? drive a standard shift [Eek!] however, Cecily can and did a fine job while I experienced the joys of open air on my face, also - The hippos wide-open mouths and the goats were much fun to watch; Jon has the OOC tally sheet and you won't believe (well, maybe you will) how many comments we can post . . . If Cecily and I get cracking we might even be able to post some pictures . . . The pizza was awesome, so were the waitstaff but the dinner company was sublime and I totally loved seeing ROTK with three people around me crying in all the right places! (Sigh of satisfaction)

Can we get together again soon, can we, can we? [Big Grin]

Narnia
Member # 1071

Definitely. [Smile]
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe its just my ego, but whenever I see Nathan and Jon, I automatically think you're talking about me and Jon Boy.

[Dont Know]

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Sorry. We're not. [Smile]
Zotto!
Member # 4689

...and of course Narn is the bestess hostess ever. The brownies were ridiculously scrumptious! Shan and JohnnyNotSoBravo are even cooler in person, meerkats are odd little creatures, alcohol and pizza make good fodder for the OOC thread...JNSB and I discussed the inherent trust in driving as we careened down the freeway in the back of Shan's beeyootiful truck...Cecily and Shan were delightfully older-sister-esque and teased me and JNSB mecilessly...ah, too many good memories!

Yeah, it was fun. [Smile]

Missed seeing Nato and his girlfriend, though. Alas. [Frown]

Shan
Member # 4550

Our reputations are made, Cecily! We're MERCILESS!

[Big Grin]

Well, young man Zotto, me friend! You just hike your bum back to college and get going on that music, you hear now? You're a natural!

JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

Argh! I've been away for a week and it drifted down to the 7th page. [Frown] I will post the OOC comments in a new thread pretty soon (i.e. whenever I decide to stop procrastinating).
Narnia
Member # 1071

Hey you! We've missed you. [Smile]
Shan
Member # 4550

How was the family visit? Good time? Welcome home!
Narnia
Member # 1071

*bump*

Hey Jonny, where did that OOC tally sheet get to?

[Big Grin] Reading this thread was fun and reminded me of you guys. When's the next one?

Shan
Member # 4550

Soon, I hope! I would really like to show off my wonderful homemade soup. [Big Grin]
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. I would like to do something! Right now though, more than an hour and half of driving would be a bit too much for me.
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Where are you dpr??
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
In Federal way...literally walking distance from Tacoma. (Just to the North)
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Hm. My Washington geography sucks...but Tacoma is just south of Seattle, is that right?

And Shan, Jonny, jeniwren, where are YOU in relations to that?

Am I missing any other Washington Jatraqueros?

[ January 17, 2005, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

It's ..hmmmm, I'm thinking 30 miles south of Seattle.
NinjaBirdman
Member # 7114

- posted      Profile for NinjaBirdman   Email NinjaBirdman         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in Redmond(10-70 minutes east of Seattle [Smile] )
Posts: 204 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

I think we're all within a half hour of one another . . .
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

jeniwren lives near Bellingham, I think, which is definitively not within a half hour of Seattle. I live in the U-district in Seattle. And doesn't A Rat Named Dog live near here, too? But he's never mentioned any inclination to do something like this. All the other NWerners live close to Seattle.

Well, except for Cecily. And the conspicuously absent Ralphie (but she likes to search for posts that contain her name, so she may be drawn to the thread by mentioning her name - kinda like an "are your ears burning?" thing). And Mr. Funny. And Nato. I think Zotto is back in Hawaii now. And possibly Frisco, but he moves around so much it's hard to tell.

Hmmm, I'll try to find the OOC comments, Narnia...

[ January 17, 2005, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: JonnyNotSoBravo ]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.