FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hot Guys: Revelations about 'Type' (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hot Guys: Revelations about 'Type'
Jacare Sorridente
Member # 1906

- posted      Profile for Jacare Sorridente   Email Jacare Sorridente         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Similarly, I doubt Jacare's mother had olive skin -- or is he less white than I thought?
Nah, I'm exactly as white as you thought. As far as I know all of my ancestors within the last 300 years or so are basically Krauts, Micks or Limeys.
Posts: 4548 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
My eyes have a difficulty with choosing their color. You see, to different people on different occassions, they appear to be a different color. This was most notable in a psychology class where the teacher tried to put us in groups based upon eye color.

Since my birth records say they are blue, I went to the blue group.

The blue group told me they were green. So, I went to the green group. The green group told me they were more a steely gray (ya.. a steely gray).

And this happens a lot, not just in that psych class (with the exception of them being 'steely gray').

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
T_Smith, I have the same eyes. I say they are blue, but it depends on what I'm wearing.

What's more confusing is the irises are not the same color throughout. They are denim blue and gray on the outside, but the inside ring is green/khaki.

Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the guys I fall for have a tendency to break hearts. *le emo sigh* But they're just so very pretty.

I also have the blue/grey/green eye-changing thing. I've always thought of them as blue, but one day when I went to the eye doctor, she was absolutely shocked at what a pale grey they were. And one time, someone told me they were lavender. Maybe I'm a mutant...*runs off to call Professor X*

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
pH never fails to crack me up. [Big Grin]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koga
Member # 5646

- posted      Profile for Koga   Email Koga         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I have the same type of eyes as you all are describing, mine usually lean more toward green or grey than blue, but blue would make the most sense, a few other members of my family cave blue eyes, I'm the only one with green, and it seems like the color looks different at times even to me.

Oh and on the whole type thing, I like girls with long hair, and have always been particularly attracted to girls with red hair and either green or brown eyes, and of moderate hieght but usually not taller than me, at least not by too much (I'm about 6 feet tall so that rarely comes up). Still I find girls more attractive if I like them personality wise, but if they happen to come close to that description in anyway it is a plus in my book.

Posts: 733 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a sucker for a tall woman. Mmmmmm.

My mother, however, is not tall.

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, my husband, who is 6'3" with a shaved head and very broad shoulders, looks very little like my father, who is short-ish with lots of dark hair and glasses. However, they have the same teasing, goofy senses of humor and the patience of saints.

As far as looks go, though, I have always tended to be attracted to men who are unlike my father in appearance--tall, big guys with broad shoulders and (usually) a belly. I also tend to like the appearance of actors that resemble that (or give the impression of resembling that, since we all know all actors except for Tim Robbins are short [Wink] )

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

What I've decided:
All guys in Florida hate tall women.
More guys in New Orleans love tall women.
When you're 6', it's hard to find a guy who's shorter than you, unless he's already dating a girl who's 5'2". [Mad]

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
::pats:: I feel your pain [Smile]

*thinks* My dad is a 6'3" football-player/computer-geek. I think I'd like the modern-day equivalent of him.

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, yes. Tall girls need to band together. We need to make regulations that short girls can only date guys of a maximum height and save all the tall ones for those who need them. And by need them, I mean that no one should have to wear flats to their wedding.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I once tried my sister's heals (about 5 sizes too small) and I was not only stable, I instantly had the runway walk DOWN!

Or maybe I just shared too much.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. Yes you did. Why, pray tell, DID you share that?
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Well high heels where mentioned (or implied) and that reminded me of the story I just shared. What's that syndrome, where there's no filter between the brain and the mouth?

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'd let you wear my heels, Hobbesy but - no... no, actually I wouldn't [Razz]
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbes: [ROFL]
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
When you're 6', it's hard to find a guy who's shorter than you, unless he's already dating a girl who's 5'2".
Wait a second... I'm confused. [Confused] You're looking for a guy shorter than you? That strikes me as unusual.

( <--- is 5'5" and proud of it. Or was it 5'6"? I forget. [Big Grin] )

Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

Who's _not_ shorter than you. *can type. Can!*
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm becoming more and more worried about the things Hobbes might say in front of contractors one day.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
*I* do date a guy that is shorter than me. I seriously thought about it when I started dating him too. Then I decided that I shouldn't be a height bigot and got over it, mostly. Maybe it is rebellion due to the fact I got lectures on finding oneself a tall man, long before I was ever of dating age.

We are fairly close to the same height, (I'm about a half inch taller) but if he lets his fro grow a little it evens out. And heck I like him for his charming personality and biting sarcasm, not his height. And I'm klutzy so he has no difficulty sweeping me off my feet. Normally some sort of martial arts leg sweep from behind dumps me on my rear quite effectively.

Most guys I'm attracted to are at least 5'10" though. I figured (before Steve) that I should probably find someone at least as tall as my mother, so she wouldn't intimidate him as much.

Also I've always been on the lookout for dark hair and light eyes ever since I found out about genetic crossover on chromosomes in biology. I just thought being a statistical anomaly was cool My first crush was on a guy with pale skin freckles, dark brown hair and pure blue eyes. *sigh*
Maybe that was why I came down with that crush on Happy Camper more recently!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my goodness.

I went to a college campus today, and asked one guy for directions. He was sitting down and looking at his books, but when he looked up, he had olive skin, black hair nicely touseled, needed a shave, enormously long black eyelashes, and vivid, bright-green eyes. My knees went weak.

Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.