FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Choir Rehearsal (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hatrack Choir Rehearsal
Black Mage
Member # 5800

- posted      Profile for Black Mage           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, c'mon, that song has a great percussion thing going on.
Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
Ever tried Niska Banja or Chindia..oh oh how about Mon Coeur ce recommende a vous!!

Hehehe..foreign languages are the best to sing.

Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, guys, sorry, I was out of town yesterday ( [Monkeys] [Big Grin] ), so it's back to work now!! Pick up the pace!! Start memorizing!! (And, in response to some of what you said while I was gone...)

quote:
I refuse to sing without backrubs.

You are quite right. I am sorry! OK, everyone, in a circle, everyone massage the person standing in front of you! We'll switch after 5 minutes!!

quote:
Anyway, have you guys ever tried to assemble a virtual choir? Over the summer I got 5-6 internet friends to record ourselves singing individual parts, then spliced them together in Vegas. Considering the thousands of miles in total distance crossed, it sounded pretty damn good.
Y'know, that idea was suggested to me. Maybe we could try it!! That would be fun!! [Smile] But you'd have to send them to someone other than me, as I am technically illiterate.

quote:
*cough cough cough*

Sorry Raia, I can't sing today. I got sick after playing snowball capture-the-flag the other night.

Awww, poor Muppet!! [Frown] (((((Muppet))))) I hope you feel better, and feel free to just look over the music or something until you feel better! [Wink]

quote:
(You do not want me to sing. However, I will be an appreciative audience. *claps)
ClaudiaTherese, that's the silliest thing I've heard all day, of COURSE we want you to sing, assuming you want to of course!! Now, open that mouth a little wider...

quote:
Pie Jesu domine,
Dona eis requiem.
*thwack*

[ROFL] Umm, Brinestone, are we thinking of the same sort of choir?

quote:
Ever tried Niska Banja or Chindia..oh oh how about Mon Coeur ce recommende a vous!!

Hehehe..foreign languages are the best to sing.

I LOVE the song Niska Banja, we sang it in a choir I was in for two years straight, it's such a great song!!

Keep up the good work everyone, we perform soon!! This must be perfected first!!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Raia, have you ever heard "God's dear Son without beginning"? It's a really cool christmas piece. Although the cooles one was when my dad arranged "O come o come Emmanuel" to the tune of "Scarborough Fair". It was too awesome for words!

I like the idea of recording our parts and splicing them. That would be so cool! But we need someone who could do it...

*gets messaged*
*sings part*

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

No, Eru, I have not heard that one!! I must do so!! [Smile]

And "Scarborough Fair" is such a beautiful song, I'm sure that sounded amazing!! Maybe we can sing that, if you find the music for me! [Wink] [Razz]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I think we have it on a computer file. Or I could scan it in. Either way, I'll e-mail it to you.
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

OK, cool!! Thanks!! [Smile]

The rest of you, quit fooling around!! This is not a social session, this is a rehearsal!!!

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Can we still get massages?
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm an alto (and sometimes 2nd soprano or 1st tenor)

Why not do some of Benjamin Britton's Ceremony of the Carols? It's a lot of fun. [Smile]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be here for the massage, but I am not sure about the singing....

see, there's this court order....

Disturbing the (musical) piece....
Assault with a blunt instrument -- (my voice)...
Destroying private property (eardrums are very private)
and
Trespassing (on other peoples notes--including some that have yet to be invented).

So, I'll just stick around for the back rub....

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

[ROFL] Dan_raven!! Well, have fun with the backrub, and please, feel free to sing if it takes your fancy!! [Smile]

OOH! You're right!! The Britten ones ARE fun, we did those in the same choir that we did Niska Banja!!! [Smile]

Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
For the record, we did "God be in my head" by Rutter. And in fairness to my potential work ethic before you ask me to do something, I should note that I still haven't posted the final master copy promised months ago. "Mixdown #3" is here:

http://www.richardberg.net/bin/God_be_in_my_head.mp3

The scratchiness of the tenor guy's $2 mic is irritating, but what can ya do. What's missing FWIW is a 3rd guy's (late) submission...maybe my subconscious refuses to work it in because it doesn't want to tarnish my beautiful* bass line...

*there is an implied [Roll Eyes] here. I'm an instrumentalist and musicologist, not a singer

[ November 25, 2003, 05:20 AM: Message edited by: Richard Berg ]

Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
That's beautiful!
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
We may try : "God, give me a song" ? I know it isn't exactly a christmas song, but it's still beautiful...
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Great news!

Metallica has offered to provide themselves as the pit orchestra.

[Razz]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry I'm late, guys! Do you need another alto, or another soprano? I can do either. Also, I offer my services as an oboist whenever needed.

*warms up quietly so as not to interupt too much*

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Ooh Yay! Metallica is an awesome band!

Vana, can you be alto AND soprano?

[Smile]

ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh no! Vana is bisectional!! [Monkeys] (I guess that I would qualify as trisectional!)

Score!! (on getting Metallica for the pit)

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Eruve - I used to sing all four parts, wherever I was needed. SO, YES - you can be both alto and soprano.
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koga
Member # 5646

- posted      Profile for Koga   Email Koga         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
OK, guys, we have a lot of work to do if we're going to have a concert ready by Christmas...
I think you all may have not made that one this time, or was there a christmas concert and I just happened to miss it? [Confused]
Posts: 733 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

*bump* Our choir has been slacking! I have been slacking too, shame on me!! Bad Raia, bad Raia!

Anyway... let's pick up the pace here...

Ready!

Aim!

SING! [Wink]

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
*voice cracks*

*hides in shame*

[Wink]

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

*fixes voice* PSI, you must be more careful.

It probably hurts, cracking your voice! [Wink]

Nah, I'm sure your voice is beautiful. [Kiss]

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
*sneaks into Alto row late*

*looks around to see what we're singing*

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Am I too late for the backrubs?
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Hey FG! Glad you're here. Once everone's warmed up, we're doing (I hear . . . hint, hint) an old traditional for Easter morning services. Sopranos - be prepared for that "A"!

Hallelujah . . . .

(beverly! backrubs - yeah!)

[ March 06, 2004, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: Shan ]

Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
*frolicks in singing*

"The hills are alive........"

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

Oh wait. This isn't the Sound of Music try outs, is it? [Confused]

[ March 06, 2004, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: Valentine014 ]

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Shan, ahem... WHO'S in charge of this choir?? [Wink]

Just kidding. Arpeggios, everyone! Can I have an A major chord please, pianist? (We need a pianist...)

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Shan, you have ni idea how painful that is for me. I always have to switch to second soprano on that note. I just can't get it.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
*Walks to the front. Seats himself at the piano.*

*Goes into Funeral for a Friend*

*Sounds amazingly better than he could ever play it IRL*

Nice Hall. [Cool]

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
I wanna join. when's the first rehearsal?
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Well, a while ago... [Wink]

But they're going on all the time. Welcome to the choir!

Oh, and Shan... I can reach almost an octave above that. [Monkeys] Power to the sopranos!

Valentine014
Member # 5981

I'm a Soprano, room for one more? [Dont Know]
Raia
Member # 4700

Always, dear. [Kiss]
Shan
Member # 4550

Ahhh, raia! - but can you hold it for the interminable length of time required without looking like that opera singer that Bugs Bunny almost killed????

(giggles and gets ready to sing - with the tenors. Far superior breath control in that range for me at my exalted age.)

Raia
Member # 4700

And, um, how long would that be? [Wink]
Shan
Member # 4550

It depends on the viciousness of the particular director.
Raia
Member # 4700

Then I should be pretty hardy, considering my history of psycho directors!
Shan
Member # 4550

does anything look diffeent in the posts to folks?

(wonders is she's losing her mind)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.