FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » 80s music is cool, or Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 80s music is cool, or Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
121. Astonishing.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scythrop
Member # 5731

- posted      Profile for Scythrop   Email Scythrop         Edit/Delete Post 
Used to be in a band that did a mean cover of Hotel California

*hangs head in shame*

Posts: 466 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 

I easily missed five questions due to stupid typos. "Stream train" instead of "steam train" being a prime example.

I deserve not to get those points out of carelessness. Bad Ralphie.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megachirops
Member # 4325

- posted      Profile for Megachirops           Edit/Delete Post 
I got the hotel california one right . . . I dunno why, I guess because I really like the Eagles a lot. I didn't even realize that was a controversial/often-misheard one. I missed the Toto one, because I put "Hurry, now" or some such instead of "Hurry, boy." Stupid Joe. That one was 5 points?!?!
Posts: 1001 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I can't figure this out. I got a 93, but Claudia Therese is not only completely tone deaf but claims to not appreciate most music. *looks suspiciously at her*
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 

[Smile]

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megachirops
Member # 4325

She must have cheated.
Posts: 1001 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
73.75 with a 10% bonus for the Church Lady era and 5 points for where I heard about it. I was kicking myself when I read the answers though and if I could hear the music I would have gotten a lot more.
Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megachirops
Member # 4325

Pat, did you have a 30% penalty?
dangermom
Member # 1676

- posted      Profile for dangermom   Email dangermom         Edit/Delete Post 
114.5, but by the end my head was so full I couldn't think of the songs I knew I knew. Argh!
Posts: 335 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, I have a retentive memory for the lyrics. If I tried to hum them, they'd all sound like my version of "Stairway to Heaven." [Wink]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Goose
Member # 5848

- posted      Profile for Papa Goose   Email Papa Goose         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup. Although now I forget what the 30 percent penalty was for. Was is for not getting the Eagles reference? I knew it was the eagles, but just couldn't place the stinking words.
Posts: 7 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I gave up because I'm pretty sure it's "down at the 5 and dime" not "bought it at the 5 and dime". So if I can't even have confidence that the cues are right... Also I got to #33 and there hadn't been any Duran Duran lyrics. Stupid Anglophobes. I don't think, anyway. Maybe I'll take it some other time. I'm sure I'll get much better results using my Mac.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
It actually is "bought it".
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megachirops
Member # 4325

Yes. And there was a Duran Duran line.

-o-

Pat, the 30% was for your age (i.e., old), and in that case, you did comparably to me. 73.6 is 70% of 105. So you did fine!

Frisco
Member # 3765

And Tears for Fears was #3, Depeche Mode was #5, the Buggles were #8, Wham! was #14...Duran Duran came in #84.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
(i.e., old)
--I--
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tabithecat
Member # 5228

- posted      Profile for tabithecat   Email tabithecat         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll take my 152.5. as someone once said to me "the 80's called and they want their music back"
Posts: 122 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megachirops
Member # 4325

quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(i.e., old)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--I--

Score!

[Big Grin]

Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
Take that!
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megachirops
Member # 4325

Ooh! I want one of those!

Except mine will say "Younger and cooler than Pat."

Think it'll fit?

Megachirops
Member # 4325

Hey, what do you know, it does!

But I'll have to buy a Hummer for it . . .

Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

So, Mini Jon Boy, exactly how old are you?

And I'm the coolest. Ask anyone.

[Cool]

Yeh.

Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

Oh, and HERE
Megachirops
Member # 4325

License plates . . . meh . . . it's been done.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Really. [Razz]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

Yes, REALLY!

I especially like the licence plate theme. [Evil Laugh]

[ November 13, 2003, 12:42 AM: Message edited by: Trogdor the Burninator ]

Frisco
Member # 3765

I'll bet you do!
Trogd0r the Burninator
Member # 5914

- posted      Profile for Trogd0r the Burninator   Email Trogd0r the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
Does editing the title bump teh thread? Does editing a post? just curious
Posts: 6 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

::burninates cheap ripoff::
Trogd0r the Burninator
Member # 5914

- posted      Profile for Trogd0r the Burninator   Email Trogd0r the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm merely reasonable briced
Posts: 6 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
At 124.5, I think I'm the second highest score so far. If it weren't for that freak that got over 150. . .

UofUlawguy

Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I suspect anyone who got 152 is not only very young but used the Internet. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tabithecat
Member # 5228

- posted      Profile for tabithecat   Email tabithecat         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, define very young, I could either be very flattered or slightly offended and I did not use the net! as far as me being a freak....I'll let that one be [Smile]
we all have our areas of expertise, it's just that mine does me no good any were else but on these little quizzes [Dont Know]

Posts: 122 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
135! yeah! [Smile]
Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
*whispers*
I got a 14.35 [Frown]

I left most of 'em blank, and I accidentally used the wrong word in the Beach Boys one. What are they doing there anyway?

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I'm a little miffed at the distinct lack of REO Speedwagon in that list.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

And another thing, there are some mistakes. I just took it again (119.5), and as I was perusing the answers I saw some stuff that didn't jive with my memories of the songs:

The line in "Whip It" (#18) is "Whip it. Whip it good," not "Whip, whip it good." Fortunately I was thinking Salt n Pepa anyway so I got that point.

The line in Africa (#19) is "Hurry boy, she's waiting there for you," not "it's waiting there for you."

Sometimes he includes things like "oh" and sometimes he doesn't. If he is, then the line in #28 should be "Don't turn around, oh oh oh. Der kommisar's in town," and if he isn't then the line in #40 should be "Here she comes," not "ooh Here she comes."

In "Living on a Prayer" (#25), it should either be "Oh, we're halfway there" or "Oh, oh, we're halfway there" (it's definitely two notes and he doesn't say "yeah");

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree.

The test is shifty. SHIFTY, I say.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Yes, exactly. In fact, I think I may have seen a picture of this test not too long ago...
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.