FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I hate Christmas (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I hate Christmas
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Fortunately, whatever aspects of selfish jerkiness that are evident in me are alive and thriving at Christmas time as well.

Yep, you heard me. The mall Santa's getting NUTHIN from me.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
*pat pat*

Just save some for the Stormster and all will be forgiven.

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Scheadenfreude. *threatens swirlies*
No! Not the swirlies! I still have nightmares.

Ich habe [Angst]

[ November 11, 2003, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: Jon Boy ]

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Stormy: Oh, for crying out loud. [Razz]

Jon Boy: *ominous music* Ask not for whom the toilet flushes...

Actually, you're fine. You joined with a hatred of snow and no comments on why your holiday will be cool. You can stay. *hands him hot chocolate and a peppermint stick*

[ November 11, 2003, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ethics Gradient
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Ethics Gradient   Email Ethics Gradient         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hmm... maybe I'll get people together and invite the missionaries over. We can act out Luke 2 and the wise men. That could be fun. *cheering up*
See, Kat, that's kinda what I plan to do. Well, I'm gonna go to Summer Breaks and shake my bootay to some rockin' break beats but the reasoning behind it is kinda the same [Wink]
Posts: 2945 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. I'd like to return this scarf that my great aunt Nettie sent me. What do you mean you won't take it back? No, that's not a large chocolate stain and no it doesn't look like I tried to scrub out with cranberry juice. No, I'm pretty sure that she didn't knit it herself and no I don't believe you when you say that your store has never stocked a scarf that is puce, baby blue, and flourescent pink and looks like it was knitted by someone with no thumbs (no offense to my aunt if she's differently abled). No I don't know where the tag is.

And finally, NO I do NOT have a GIFT RECEIPT.

Just give me my store credit, and I'll be on my way.

Thanks.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana kata
Member # 5666

- posted      Profile for ana kata   Email ana kata         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Narnia! I love that article. I have always felt that about Christmas, that it's a time of year when we can be as little children again, as we are bid by Christ to be. With faith and a perfect brightness of hope. That the gifts and the magic and beauty of Christmas are symbols and reminders of our spiritual gifts and beauty, and can't be spoiled by any ugliness unless we let them be. Christmas is still sacred. The family joy we share is sacred. I love Christmas.
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad you liked it aka. [Smile] I feel the same way.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.