FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Dear Hatrack... we're getting married! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Dear Hatrack... we're getting married!
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
You were talking about "flatware" and I would reccommend unles you have some sort of moral/environmental objection to go with paper plates and plastic utensils. You are going to be in a picnicy atmosphere anyway.

Sam's club (or Costco depending on which you have there) is your friend. Also Sam's club (and/or Costco) does party trays and bulk meal/snack type things that taste good. I don't know how many people you are having arrive.

Though since your friend is catering it may be more up to him. Ask him if it will cost more for metal or plastic forks and spoons.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

- posted      Profile for Ayelar   Email Ayelar         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not totally opposed to the paper/plastic dinnerware idea.... but since it's so far away and we don't have a concrete budget set yet, I'm indulging my desire to have it just a smidge more elegant than a backyard bbq. (If it ends up being a backyard bbq, though, that'll be fun too. [Smile] )

The friend, Kevin, doesn't work for the catering company anymore. So, while he has the skills and the industrial kitchen and a group of friends he can recruit for staff, he doesn't have the serving equipment. I could rent the plates and glasses and whatnot... but for 80 people, that's upwards of $400.

Now, a cursory search at our Sam's Club, Big Lots, and on eBay tells me that I can flat-out buy ceramic plates, metal silverware, and glass glasses for more like $300. I could do fun things like have a different style of dinnerplate at each table. [Smile] And there's the possibility that a local restaurant or someone on eBay might actually buy the stuff off of me, meaning the net price would be less than $300.

So... it's fun to think about. I don't know if I'll have that much to spend on the place settings and serving equipment, but it's looking like we're going to save a lot in other areas, so who knows.

Next stop: flowers! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't want to start a whole new thread for this, but I did want to share that I found my wedding dress on Saturday!!! It's pretty darn exciting, especially considering I managed to wait until 4 weeks before the wedding to start shopping... (wedding mavens would kill me, I know....) [Big Grin]

But yeah. I love my dress, and I love the man I'm marrying, and I'm so darn happy and excited that I can't stop telling everyone about it! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jutsa Notha Name
Member # 4485

- posted      Profile for Jutsa Notha Name   Email Jutsa Notha Name         Edit/Delete Post 
Is anyone not getting married around here?

<--not getting married

Posts: 1170 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
You know what, I really like the horizontal lines at the top. I should have had some of those on my dress...then I could have pretended to have boobs.

It looks awesome, and you look very attractive in it. I can't wait until I can see a picture with a groom in it. [Big Grin]

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Well Justa, that sounded like you just answered your own question, congratulations! And what do we have for our lucky winner today?

-Ken, we have a luxurious spa get-away for two. The Mantle-Beach Spa is set in the picturesque Appalachian mountains, and provides relaxation for anyone. If you want to recuperate for a week, or if you just need a massage after work, think of Mantle-Beach Spa.

That's great, well congratulations once again Justa, and we all hope you enjoy your stay.

Wow I'm think I'm funny. [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

[ July 14, 2004, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I think you're funny too! [ROFL]
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
You and your dress are simply lovely. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Wooo hoo, congrats! (belatedly)

Best of luck and try not to make us wait for a full year on the wedding photos. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, guys. [Smile]

I imagine I'll be itching to get those photos, seeing as how I'll probably miss half the day, but sadly, it's out of my hands... the photographer doesn't do digital. [Razz]

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party] Woo Hoo! Congratulations!
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on finding such a nice dress!!

It's not _that_ hard to get wedding pics up online quickly after the wedding (even if your photographer doesn't do digital). I think I had ours up within a month after getting them from the photographer (the one in the Hatrack album was put up within 3 months of our wedding)....

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
Gorgeous dress! It looks wonderful on you. Hope the rest of the arrangements turn out that well. [Smile]
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice dress...scared me for a moment though. I though I had a naked picture of ya when it stopped rendering for a moment just a third of the way down.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
You look wonderful.

Course, I did wonder if you had wooden legs...

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

That's not her, that's an incredibly realistic looking dressmaker's dummy! [Smile]
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Soon, we'll have all of Hatrack married off and my work here will be done.

[Razz]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

Aunt Kristine's bene gesseret breeding program, you mean. She's trying for the jatraquera qwizatch haderach. [Smile]

[ July 14, 2004, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: ak ]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.