FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Achilles Heel (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Achilles Heel
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Pooka, "Orpheus and Eurydice" is my favorite myth, I think. (And I love love love the Rilke poem about it.) Either that or "Hades and Persephone."

But I think my favorite character is Atalanta.

But I'm also a fan of Arion. And Cupid and Psyche.

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

- posted      Profile for asQmh   Email asQmh         Edit/Delete Post 
Caleb:

The way I think of books is a little different than the way most others seem to. If at the end there are more plusses than minuses, I liked the book. I had a similar reaction, actually, particularly to the concluding bits. But the first 85% - 90% was so good that for me, it outweighs the rest. I'm very forgiving when it comes to that. I enjoyed more than I disliked, so I liked it. ^_^

Q.

Posts: 499 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megachirops
Member # 4325

- posted      Profile for Megachirops           Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting.

I'm very forgiving of a weak beginning, but absolutely not forgiving of a weak end.

Which is why I love movies by Shyamalan.

[Smile]

Posts: 1001 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.