FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The New Joe Millionaire (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The New Joe Millionaire
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
Well the twist is the guy is a regular guy. Just like last year. The real "Twist", the one the regular guy did not know about, is that the producers gave each of them $500,000 at the end of the show. I don't know if they are going to do this again. The Joe this time surely suspects that they will.

The point of the first was that if the girl Joe chose still went with him after learning that he was broke, the producers rewarded the couple. I don't know what would have happened if she had said no.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tristan
Member # 1670

- posted      Profile for Tristan   Email Tristan         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm aware how it played out last year, msquared. My point was that TV dramatics dictates that something new and clever should be introduced. Preferably something that surprise both the participants and the viewers. The problem with the guy really being rich (while the viewers thinks he only pretends to be rich) is that that solution would not provide for a surprise for the women. Thus such a double blind would only be effective if the women at some points learn that the guy is poor. But that was what happened last time, only they were given money by the TV company. So I really don't see how they can improve on the concept, but I'm still fairly certain they will attempt something.
Posts: 896 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
What amazes me is that they could actuall pull this off twice.
Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, our "Star Academy" is the third edition, and they seem to think there will be future ones. *sigh*
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.