FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Entranced with a New Novel (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Entranced with a New Novel
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
A few years ago I had the same problem, Elizabeth. I had just finished Kim Stanley Robinson's Green Mars which lead me to waiting for the sequel. Nothing seemed to satisfy.
I loved Red Mars, had problems with the second and couldn't even finish the third. (can't remember at the moment whether Green or Blue was second). With series, I get so involved with specific characters that the multi-generation jump really messed me up. If there had been more going on with the original settlers involved with the planet-born residents, I probably would have fared better.

Goody

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
"Mem'ries...."

Wow. I remember this thread pretty clearly. It is funny, but I am in exactly the same rut as I was then. This time, instead of mourning Sean Russell's "Swan Wars," I am morning Martin's "Song of Ice and Fire" series.

What have I been reading before bed? The fifth grade math textbok! Now that is pathetic. I am not sure now that I can get any more geeky.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heffaji
Member # 3669

- posted      Profile for Heffaji   Email Heffaji         Edit/Delete Post 
It had been some time since a book had truly grabbed me, but I was reading through Card's books on writing and characters and saw his mention of Wild Seed.

I ran across it at the library and read it straight through.

Posts: 291 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.