FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » New RotK trailer!!! ( I weep with anticipation) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New RotK trailer!!! ( I weep with anticipation)
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
You know what I love about this trailer? How sad it is. The music in the second half, along with the words flashed onto the screen indicate that this isn't going to be a completely happy ending, just as the book is not. It's so perfect. I am pleased that PJ is staying true to the sacrifice and loss theme of the book rather than selling out and having a sugary Hollywood ending.

As for the spoilers, it is too bad about Dernhelm being this obvious in the trailer. I suppose it couldn't have been hidden all the way until Dernhelm confronts the Witch King, but did they have to show it in the trailer? However, this is nowhere near as bad as the Gandalf spoiler. I was steamed about that. It was a surprise for me when I read the books, and I'm sorry that the surprise was spoiled for those who did not already know. I would have to say that Dernhelm pales in comparison to that spoiler.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for BelladonnaOrchid   Email BelladonnaOrchid         Edit/Delete Post 
Shigosei~

Luckily I did not watch the trailer for Two Towers, so I did not see the Gandalf spoiler. I haven't read the books (working on that), and that would have horrified me, although I suspected he wasn't dead.

But mmm....can't wait for RotK! The trailer makes the movie look delicious!
[Blushing]

(Edit for typo-sorry)

[ October 01, 2003, 04:34 AM: Message edited by: BelladonnaOrchid ]

Posts: 701 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
*slight spoiler*

I don't think Dernhelm in the trailer is a spoiler. When Dernhelm was introduced in the book, Tolkien basically told you who it was. I think the conversation went something like this:

Hobbit: Who are you?
Dernhelm: What, you don't know? Eh... call me Dernhelm.

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
True. He also described him/her with sad eyes and a lithe figure...I think I remember figuring out who it was before he actually came out and said it. I do think they made it a little TOO obvious in the movie though. They could have at least pulled her hair out of the way. [Dont Know]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

Given how burly and manly the Rohirrim riders are, Eowyn would have to be one butch lady to even come close to passing as a calvary regular. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Keep watching, Beren - the little sneak's grin came back as Frodo protected him from Sam again . . . a rather creepy little grin if you ask me -
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I just want to point out that I watched the trailer about 4 times at work today.

Thank you, AOL. You may be full of evil, but thats what makes you so unique.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

I hear ya Shan. Gollum really creeps me out in all the right ways. [Wink]

Has anyone checked out this new trailer for the ROTK video game? It depicts a scene in the path of the dead where ghosts are floating around Aragorn and company. It did not look like how I imagined it, but it was still cool nontheless. [Smile]

Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
See, the thing about the Rohirrim (sp?) is that some of them were just kids, like at the battle of Helm's Deep. You can't tell me that Eowyn doesn't look at least as manly as Hama's son. [Big Grin]

It might not be so glaring, by contrast. I mean when you see her there with barely pubing boys.

PS: Saw an interview with the guy who plays Eomer, and I must add him to my list of LotR cast members who are hotter in RL.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
Is there somewhere I can download the trailer? I've had no luck so far!
Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

http://www.lordoftherings.net/

I got it from there.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saruman
Member # 2275

- posted      Profile for Saruman           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Saruman, you LOSE honey!
Yeah, just like Gandalf died when he fell down that well.
Posts: 651 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

When Gandalf passes into the land of the Vala, he received their grace and returned to Middle Earth. When you return.... you will be Melkor's bitch in prison. [Wink]
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
You all know what scene is the last on the preview, don't you?

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Yeah, and it makes me sure that Sean Astin can pull it off. I really, really wanna see how wee little Elijah Wood and his enormous baby blues manage that scene, though. I have hopes it will be good.

[ October 02, 2003, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: Olivet ]

Narnia
Member # 1071

This is a great tidbit about that. I'm sorry, but he's my favorite! (although there are some major hotties in the mix.) [Big Grin]

[ October 02, 2003, 06:07 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I've taken a look at the trailer in super-slow-motion, and The clearest shot of Shelob shows her head and four legs, leaving her abdomen completely hidden. People, have no fear. Shelob is friggin huge. I know this to be truth.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

*whew* Now I'll sleep better. [Wink] no really, I will!! [Big Grin]
wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
I've got to send this to my friend. She'll get a kick out of this. I can't wait, but I'm kind of disappointed that the PoA movie isn't due out until June 4, 2004. I always looked forward to seeing the LotR and HP movies near Christmas break!
Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw it today.

My opinion:

[Hail] [Hail] [Hail]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

I actually called Belle today, and found out she hasn't seen it yet. The poor thing has been so busy...
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.