FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » So-Cal'ers, let's try this again, Bob style. Or, Party at the Mooses! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: So-Cal'ers, let's try this again, Bob style. Or, Party at the Mooses!
Megachirops
Member # 4325

- posted      Profile for Megachirops           Edit/Delete Post 
[Cry]

<--- jealous

[Smile] [Frown] [Smile] [Frown] [Smile]

Posts: 1001 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Sambo's was a big success. We ate omelettes and pancakes and potatoes. Had the wonderful Sambo's coffee. All all just watched Mooselet be cute. He remembered me! cool!

Anyway, Santa Barbara is a wonderful place and if I could afford to live here and not have to work for a living, I'd do it. I could chase beach bunnies all day give poetry readings to tourists out front of Nordstrom's.

I think of all the things I used to do in this town when I was a kid and realize that all that stuff would probably land me in jail now. This place doesn't seem nearly as tolerant as it was when I was growing up here. Things are rather more polished here these days, it seems.

Oh well. It's still the most beautiful place I've ever lived in.

Sorry I didn't get to meet you other So. Cal. people. I hope you all get to one of the signings. I'm going to miss all of that.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
::pouts:: Oh, if life's little crisis' could only time themselves better.::sigh::

Bob, Connie, Moose and Carl, I so wanted to be there.
It sounds like you guys took very good care of each other.
Thank you for all the great details. Reading it was almost like being there.

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
So I was kicking back this afternoon with a flat, diet, flavor-free soda (read: ice water), eating some chips with chili-queso dip (take about 1/4 cup Bob's queso sauce, add half a can of chili, and half a tomato, diced, and a couple tablespoons of salsa, microwave on high for three minutes, stirring occasionally), and thinking about Shinda V.

It was tough to know what to plan, because it was only Bob. I knew most of the activity would be sitting and talking (if we can call this activity), and watching Mooselet play. Since Bob was coming straight from lunch, I didn't know if he'd be hungry enough to want any snacks, so we had some ready but didn't put them out. They never made it out. Ah well.

Bob drinks strong coffee, at least in my book. He said he preferred it strong, so I tried to make it about as strong as my coffeemaker would allow without overflowing. He loved it. I watered it down to about 50% coffee and 50% water, then added creamer, and it was still stronger than I usually have it. It was Don Francisco's Butterscotch Toffee, though, and if coffee's gonna be too strong then I'm glad it's not Kirkland. I still drank and enjoyed the coffee.

During the night, Mooselet did in fact clonk his head against the wall a couple times, and woke up crying at least one of those. That time at least it didn't phase Bob in the least -- he was still sawing logs in the guest room. Small logs, twigs maybe, and a small hand saw rather than a power circular saw, but sawing nonetheless. I guess it's his way of "coping" with being in a new place (sorry).

Bob signed the guestbook, too. It's in the bathroom. On the line for "purpose of visit," he indicated that he was relieved it wasn't "that" kind of visit. This will provide endless laughs for me whenever I read it, yet is circuitous enough that it won't embarrass me in front of future guests. The only people who might get it would be Hatrackers, and since he signed his name to it, I certainly can't be blamed. He also signed it as "Bob_Scopatz" complete with the underscore, which Mama and I both thought was very cute.

The only drawback was that more people weren't able to make it. If there's another gathering at our house, we hope to have a better turnout. But that doesn't detract at all from the joy we had spending time with that big teddy bear of fun that we know as Bob.

And one of these days, I will level that stupid pool table.

--Pop

[Edit for clarification -- first sentence of paragraph two, that's "solely" Bob, not "merely" Bob.]

[ October 25, 2003, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: Papa Moose ]

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.