FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » :-( (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: :-(
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like you have a good plan, Boon. Good luck. (((Boon)))
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
perhaps "nicer" was the wrong word.

I just find it a lot easier to cope when I can answer the question "why?" at some level.

At any rate, I'm glad you guys are at least started on the right path. Even if it's not fixable, you are now both going to be better prepared to move forward... and you'll be surprised at wahat *is* fixable...

(((Boon)))

Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't mean to say I didn't think it's fixable, I meant that there's nothing *I* can do to fix it.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien
Member # 5611

- posted      Profile for Damien   Email Damien         Edit/Delete Post 
While I'm still just a kid, I do understand divorce. My biological parents split when I was four, and the whole of the divorce is one of my earliest memories. Now, my Mom and Step-dad, married (not quite happily) for about twelve years have had two kids of their own. They are going through pretty much the same thing, just to different degrees. Take the story I've read here, add a case of beer a night, and less than enough money to get by, and it also adds about a billion times more stress. I hope you are able to work things out, both for yourself, and with your husband. I would agree with the suggestion of counseling, if not just for your husband, than just for either of you. Therapy can not only solve whatever problems you don't even know you have, but can be that unbiased third party/listening ear/shoulder to cry on that we all need from time to time. I wish you the best of luck, and hope everything works out fine.

((((((((((BOON))))))))))

Also, while I am just a kid, you can email me if you'd like a nice phone conversation to unload everything on. shutupyoulikeit@yahoo.com or I'm on AIM a lot of the time, too. AIM: KILL dXm

(((((BOON)))))

Posts: 677 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
An important distinction, ma'am, and one I'm glad to see you make [Smile]
Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
I echo Ralphie's relief that you know the secret and that he's willing to go to counseling with you.

Both of those things seemed to be weighing heavily on you when we three chatted the other night, now at least that part is resolved.

Also glad to see you are cautiously optimistic. [Smile]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

((((((((((Boon))))))))))

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.