FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » why did the chicken cross the road? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: why did the chicken cross the road?
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Geoffrey Card: I've been anxious to find out, but my friends only somewhat told me about this chicken. I'm waiting to find out if it does in fact exist, or if its made up for the purpose of entertaining us.

*prepares to be smacked*

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feyd Baron
Member # 1407

- posted      Profile for Feyd Baron   Email Feyd Baron         Edit/Delete Post 
BYUCnslr (Bernard): To escape from the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal! (and that's only because it didn't have a towel)

Sorry man, I had to.

Feyd

Posts: 1000 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
feyd: I could have sworn it went across to rent a scooter from some green guys with wings.

Satyagraha

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
*falls off chair*
Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
JaneX: because The Truth Is Out There
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
enjeeo
Member # 2336

- posted      Profile for enjeeo   Email enjeeo         Edit/Delete Post 
*wipes tears from eyes*

Oh Strider that Leto take was brilliant. I just burst out laughing and the guy at the next desk thinks I'm weird, but it was worth it!

Posts: 2451 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fossil
Member # 2958

- posted      Profile for Fossil           Edit/Delete Post 
Me:
Because it's free! FREEEEEEE! HAHAHA! FFFFFRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Posts: 995 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Centurion
Member # 3956

- posted      Profile for Centurion           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes!

I knew it would happen!

My greatness has finally been recognized!

Yep, Leto said I was "THE MAN!"

"There's a new sherriff in town and don't y'all forget it!" Eddie Murphy

I'm so smilin'

Posts: 717 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Leto II : Just because you think the chicken crossed the road doesn't make it so.

TomDavidson : I will believe the chicken crossed the road when it appears before me in a whirlwind or a burning bush.

The Pixiest : We have all the proof we need. I say nuke the chicken before he can cross the road and kills us all.

Jacare : Ummm...chicken. <grins toothy smile>

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
David Bowles:

The chicken crossed the road because of an inherent "cross the road" meme which has been passed down through chicken generations since the dawn of roads.

enjeeo, thanks. I tried to go for an overboard Leto, but I think I ended up more mellow than Leto actually is.

[This message has been edited by Strider (edited September 26, 2002).]

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Baldar, The article I posted above from a right wing newspaper proves beyond all question that the chicken was able to cross the road solely because of Reagan's visionary economic policies. Even though liberal critics have disproven every fact reported in the article, I can say that I know the chicken personally and the basic thesis of the article is valid even if we can't produce a single verifiable fact to support it.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
William Shatner:

Why? Did the chicken? Cross the ROAD??? It was..the pain! The sorrow...it felt...as it stood there...on one side...looking at all that good feed...just WAITING to be EATEN!

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Strider: To get the Green Skittles.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

Woo Hoo!

I told you so!

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Apparenly Im too nice of a guy for anyone to do one about me... Or maybe I just did myself so well that no one else can do better.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

Jacare did a much better job than me on DB.
General Sycophant
Member # 1056

- posted      Profile for General Sycophant           Edit/Delete Post 
Belle: Well, all I know is, if you're trying to imply that it was a southern chicken and that southern chickens are stupid, I'm going to have to say something about that.

aka: Because Belle wouldn't adopt it.

Posts: 115 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 

Okay, who used GS because they didn't have the nerve to post under their real name?

Me: Because the chicken was new and needed some welcome cookies

Patrick. To lurk. Unsuccessfully.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Belle, will you please stop posting the welcome cookies, they make me hungry for chocolate!
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
ROFLMAO..I wish I were that funny..

Me-It wanted to prove it wasn't chicken.

Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
lol Mae!
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
RAVEN: that chicken is going to be two feet long, it'll be deformed of you make it cross the road.

Ni!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Me:

Until the Asphalt Support Layer is completed, the Poultry Abstraction Interface has no way of communicating with the Sidewalk Delivery System.

We've tried to "hack" it by using the flight subroutines, but there's a bug in the gravity code that causes the resulting "CChicken" object to shoot off in to orbit or hit the side of a building.

I've tried to get the programmers to fix it, but they're in the middle of a really good game of foozball. And I'm up next, so it's gonna be a while.

Besides, that sounds like a hardware issue to me. We can't help you there.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

(I already did one for you, though...)

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Centurion: The chicken is Dave Barry. Look at the way he crosses the road! He doesnt even deny it.
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
I need to post at Hatrack more often. No one is getting me right at all. I'm a RETIRED spankalita, thank you very much.

And Slash would actually say, "My wife is better looking than that chicken's wife."

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khavanon
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for Khavanon   Email Khavanon         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, at least you're being gotten at all.
Posts: 2523 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacare Sorridente
Member # 1906

- posted      Profile for Jacare Sorridente   Email Jacare Sorridente         Edit/Delete Post 
Strider- I agree that I did a better DB than you, but not even Leto himself could do a better Leto impression than yours
Posts: 4548 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

me - The chicken will not be allowed to cross the road until the contractor has achieved the necessary compaction on the limerock base and I have approved the alternate pavement design.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

::takes a bow::
Jacare Sorridente
Member # 1906

- posted      Profile for Jacare Sorridente   Email Jacare Sorridente         Edit/Delete Post 
zgator- dirt engineer? You engineer dirt? Do you write specifications for # of worms per cubic yard?

Ah, well, at least you are an engineer which makes you about two orders of magnitude better than the average human being.

Posts: 4548 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Someone besides my mom actually wrote one about me! I feel special now.

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
"Ah, well, at least you are an engineer which makes you about two orders of magnitude better than the average human being."

Bet an engineer put those statistics together...

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pepperuda
Member # 1573

- posted      Profile for pepperuda   Email pepperuda         Edit/Delete Post 
Because his chicken voice was screaming, "You can't do it. You're not good enough. You're not smart enough."

And he said, "Shut up, chicken voice!"

So he did and he was squashed like a chicken with it's head cut off.

I guess you should listen to your chicken voice... if you're a chicken.

Posts: 240 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
*snort*

*bump*

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JuniperDreams
Member # 3471

- posted      Profile for JuniperDreams   Email JuniperDreams         Edit/Delete Post 
ROTFLMAO!!! I'm showing this to my friends...
Posts: 1245 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
^Saudade^
Member # 175

- posted      Profile for ^Saudade^   Email ^Saudade^         Edit/Delete Post 
aka: The question is not why the chicken crossed the road, but how. We need to calculate the speed of the chicken and then the length and width of the road. After that we input the wind velocity and barometric pressure and we follow the chicken crossing formula, which mind you I remember seeing in one of my old engineering books.

other version:

aka: I couldn't bare to leave the chicken alone outside, so I brought him home today. We will call him Nugget.

Posts: 1449 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

I liked your seccond one.
zgator
Member # 3833

Icarus : Because he noticed that players 1, 5 and 8 all had 6 or more vowels in their names and were short and swarthy. The chicken just had to get that trifecta bet in before the game started.

Lavalamp : Because he wanted to be one with my oozeness.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Ced: Hey, it beats going through years of wasted psychoanalysis and popping ineffective pills!!!

Belle: It was trying to make off with the chicken ring of power.

Zgator: It was part of the initiation ritual to become a member of the Central Florida clump.

Ela: It wasn't breastfed long enough as a chick.

Maeth & T_Smith: It needed to make it's 3000th peck.

PapaMoose: I'm just glad chickens can't engage in onanism...or post smilies.

KACARD: You people need to be more welcoming of the chicken, and, in my opinion, the chicken's behavior was way out of line so I've deleted it. Something I really don't like to do.

Cor: It was being chased by a really cute Chinese Crested Powderpuff: see how cute?

Icarus: It was part of the cockfight between games 13 and 14 at the Jai Alai fronton.

OSC: I wrote 300 pages about this during the drives between book signings. Should be out in hardcover next month.

Hatrack Muse: It's all about me, really.

General Sycophant: I agree with what Hatrack Muse said.

pH: All I know is I went along to sell t-shirts.

ginette: This American custom of crossing roads puzzles me. Shouldn't it be crossing a fjord?

Kama: If it tried that stunt here in Poland, it'd be cooking in a pot faster than you can say "soup's on."

Black Fox: Being a chicken, it flunked out of air assault school and had gone in for ranger training instead. Free ranger.

Fael: It needed some chain mesh undergarments.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Icarus alternate version: "I have a really good recipe for chicken in a bag."

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

hehehe
Icarus
Member # 3162

Baldar: Tell me no more about this COCK and bull story, because I've got a HEN to FRYER you up. This silly thread is no ASPHAULT of mine. We should really stop EGGing it on.

Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
hehe..I liked OSC's..
Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Bob: That chicken is TOO hilarious! Now let me try my hand at some!

Chickens like to be revered, but they're secretly doing it for the feed pellets.

Chickens don't like 'Why did the chicken cross the road' jokes. They feel it demeans their position as road-crossers and is just another example of The Man holding them down.

Chickens have a hard time using the word "McNugget" in any context.

It's a well known fact in Chicken culture that The Ugly Duckling actually grew into a beautiful chicken, but it had to be changed in childrens stories for copyright reasons.

Chickens are actually very vengeful creatures. They allow humans to swipe their eggs because not having to raise their own young gives them more time for plotting.

Chickens are the real Kings of the Jungle. It's true. Ask any chicken.

Frisco: Chickens are really underappreciated. That's why they drink so much. Not that we're talking about Chickens drinking, but I'm just saying that's why they do. Jeez. I need a girlfriend.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

sublime...I like it!

Frisco
Member # 3765

Ralphie: The chicken was on its way to Portland, where we have SOOOO much beer. Check this out. I drank so much last night that I just started spanking EVERYBODY! Dan was getting embarassed even BEFORE I started referring to myself as Rita Spankalita! BRB...gotta go to the fridge for a hefeweizen.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Pfft. Childish.
Frisco
Member # 3765

I agree. When will you grow up?
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.