FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » One line descriptions of people (Page 16)

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  26  27  28   
Author Topic: One line descriptions of people
jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
Chris has the heart of a lion-- well, ever since the hunting accident, that is.
Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Dan was as thirsty as a re-dried raison in a box of salt, which made him wonder why he was eating re-dried raisons in a box of salt.

The only time anyone ever called him bright was when he french kissed an electric outlet, and that was mostly due to the glow from his melting underwear.

Ned had no given name. He stole his name from a corpse at AJ's funeral home and caterering service.

I'm still waiting.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
To Bob, the glass was always half-full, but it had a cigarette butt floating in it.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

He was the worst kind of Grammar Nazi, the skeletal thin kind, with a short dark mustache and a sub-machine gun.

He was a hairless round monk from the church of the third path, alway quoting the catcheism, "When forced to pick between A and B, always choose C."

Tiny grinned for there are few things in this world more dangerous than a tiny man with a big sword.

Many people said he was a pretty boy with a big and ugly gun, mainly because he asked them too, and he did have the big and ugly gun.

"Who's Your Daddy" he screamed over and over again, with his eyes clenched tightly closes and sweat pouring from his body, which was pretty strange since he was sitting alone in a quickly emptying bus on his way to Trenton New Jersey.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Never one to suffer fools lightly, Grant brought a cheesecake to his mother-in-law's afternoon tea.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
The only law Mike was abiding to was Coles Law so he lived a life of crime and barbecue.
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
(Dang Dan, the Who's Your Daddy one still has me crackin' up)
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

Eddie was the type of person who would read about a mass-murderer and think, "What a go-getter!" (Izzard reference)

Jeffrey was the type of person who would footnote his jokes. (Which I really do in real life,ugh.)

Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Jeff considered himself really real in reality, which was a surprise to everyone who thought he was a figment of some demented mind.

(I'm still waiting)

advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Reuben worked hard day-to-day to leverage his resources on a going-forward basis.

Reuben's living room wallpaper consisted entirely of yellow post-it notes in homage to a former girlfriend who used to work for 3M.

Reuben had an unnatural fear of the Enter key and never did start using it until the latter half of 2002 during what his psychologist called a major breakthrough period.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wussy Actor
Member # 5937

- posted      Profile for Wussy Actor   Email Wussy Actor         Edit/Delete Post 
Matt always slept with a baseball bat under his bed so that if someone broke in, they couldn’t find it.

Matt flunked freshman literature because he refused to recognize anything that didn’t rhyme as poetry.

Matt was the kind of guy that you would cross the street to throw a brick at.

edited to call attention to the preposition at the end of my sentence

[ January 07, 2004, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: Wussy Actor ]

Posts: 288 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Cecily wasn't one of those people that jumped on the bandwagon...she always seemed to get run over by it instead.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

Jeffrey would often engage strangers in walking contests on the sidewalk, even though they were completely unaware of it, and if he ever lost, it is only because he refuses to step on the cracks.

Jeffrey invented the word meta-invention, and then went cross-eyed.

[ January 08, 2004, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: jehovoid ]

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

The first thing most people noticed about Dan was his infectious smile, and rarely noticed the infectious growth four inches to its left.

He was tall as a post, but the post won hands down when it came to brains.

He could talk a tree into taking a walk, though the tree was usually just avoiding his bad breath.

She was as quiet and timid as a neon orange double-d tank top would allow her to be.

[ January 08, 2004, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: Dan_raven ]

Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
She was hovering in the purgatory of greasiness that lies between being noticeable and being repulsive.

He was one of those guys that actually read Playboy for the articles.

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Ryoku, there are NO such guys. Even gay guys look at the pictures (if only to critique the outfits). [Big Grin]

Bob was the sort of person whose Christmas cards came exclusively from Dentists, Insurance Companies and local realtors.

His lifelist now complete, Bob felt it was high time that he ... dang, I got nothin'.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

When she showed up for the annual horseback ride with her Gucci boots, Coach saddle, and the stirrups she'd borrowed from her Gynecologist, everyone realized that Maggie's "down-home-country-girl" thing was just an act.

Bob stopped swimming in public pools after seeing Jaws.

Bob took great personal pride in knowing the individual who had coined the word "gridlock."

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

After much soul-searching, Bob decided to use his powers of making really kick-ass grits only for good.

Bob had that dream of showing up for a meeting naked...and acted on it.

Bob was the sort of person destined to have his neighbors remark "he always seemed so nice...well it just goes to show you."

Last Tuesday, Bob unknowingly became the person on the most internet-based lists in the world.

If it is true that we are all connected, Bob is the short-circuit.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Some people have been known to spend vast sums of money to prove that there are more than six degrees of separation between themselves and Bob.

Ever the optimist, Bob preferred to see the diaper as half empty.

Bob's claim to the secret knowledge of alchemy rested solely on his ability to make chicken bullion.

<okay, that last one may be too subtle. I bet Dan gets it though...>

Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
There once was a man from Nantuckett, and Chris found that they had very little in common.
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, Ryuko must have been thinking of my grandfather. I'm absolutely certain he only read Playboy for the articles.

The Braille version doesn't have pictures. [Razz]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Just lots and lots of lumps!

[Razz]

[ROFL]

[Monkeys]

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Dan was the type of person who understood the subtlety in a alchemicist/chicken bullion joke. :lol

He was like, well, [Grumble] , and that was only on his good days, which were April 9th and every third friday.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Bob was mean but very polite about it.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Bob takes his favorite pillow with him wherever he goes.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Bob thought the term "napkin" referred to relatives you sleep with.
Ryuko
Member # 5125

quote:
(if only to critique the outfits)
Or lack thereof... [Blushing]

The articles, I was surprised to find, are quite interesting... [Dont Know]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Eddie's the type of person who expects to be disliked by people, but gets offended as all hell if he's shunned by a cat.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Ryuko, yeah, it is rather surprising, isn't it? Over the years, Playboy has published some very good sci fi too. Not that I read it...

I just looked at the pictures.

Then I realized that there isn't a woman on the planet who actually looks like that in real life. I mean, shoot, they could probably air-brush a picture and turn me into a centerfold. And I bet that staple tickles!

Oh well.

I actually did read the sci fi in one or two issues. And it was good.

I often wonder how that magazine survives, though. I don't know a single (or married) man who subscribes. I knew one guy who did all throughout college.

I haven't heard anyone even mention an article or a photo layout in years as being important or a "must see."

And yet I know it must sell a lot of copies...

Maybe it's all those junior high kids.

[Eek!]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Bob preferred sleeping on a twin bed mainly because the Hot-Wheels bedspread only came in that size.

Of all the drivel in the world, Bob liked meaningless drivel best.

Ryuko
Member # 5125

Meaningless is my favorite kind of drivel, too!!

Anyway, yeah, Playboy is also kept afloat by easily-amused college girls on a weekend away. ^_^V

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Bob's the kind of guy who would hold a Superbowl party and then make those little corner-wedgie sandwiches with cucumber and cream cheese.

Bob once held a dinner party where he forced Peruvians to try tempura.
(Okay, that one's true)

Ryuko
Member # 5125

(drools) If you made those sandwiches, I would GO! Hehehe, OK, maybe not, TX is a little far. But them're good.
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Bob took great personal pride in knowing the individual who had coined the word "gridlock."
Really??? That's so cool!
Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

Upon becoming a young man, Jeffrey set out into the world to sow his Quaker oats.

Jeffrey interpreted the ancient Eastern philosophy of "becoming one with the universe" as trying to have sex with as many people/things as possible. He never achieved a state of spiritual oneness, but he did achieve many, many threenesses.

[ January 12, 2004, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: jehovoid ]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

kat, yes indeed. His name is Samuel I. Schwartz and at the time he was commissioner of the Traffic Bureau of the NYC Department of Transportation. Nowadays, he's a consulting doing traffic plans. He's doing the studies in support of the redevelopment of the WTC site.

Very interesting guy. Great to work for.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Bob was known for his ankles.
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Hannah was one of those rare individuals who looked good in yellow.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I love this thread. [Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Many was the day that Bob spent sorting his socks into enigmatic patterns on the kitchen floor.

She was both flattered and slightly disturbed to learn that Bob had named each and every one of her freckles, and then formed them into constellations.

Bob's imaginary friend broke all his toys.

Bob began to doubt his own sanity when he discovered that the pet he'd shared his home with for over ten years was really just a washcloth stretched over a wire frame.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Dangling there, Bob thought of a pun about how he'd finally reached the end of his rope.

Bob took a trip to recharge his soul, but the astral plane went down with no survivors.

Bob decided to get serious about his health after his doctor said "if you were a dog, I'd have you put to sleep."

jehovoid
Member # 2014

Jeffrey was never sure whether he was awake or dreaming, which explains why he got arrested for public nudity so often.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Bob went to so many conferences that he ultimately decided to wallpaper his bedroom with those "Hi, My name is ___" stickers.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Dan learned something new every day (like the history of gridlock), but he forgot something old every hour.

Amnesia was a forgettable girl with an unforgettable name.

Dan's mental compass never pointed north, but instead it led to a mythical island that only he could visit.

Dan often dreamed about being a pirate, but realized he hated to sail, disliked the sea, was not into violence, and was basically looking for an excuse to hang around parrots.

Dan loved everybody and everybody loved Dan, which just goes to prove that opposites do attract.

advice for robots
Member # 2544

Reuben never did fully recover from the pencil wound he took defending his adjustable swivel chair in the Office Equipment Riots of '02.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Bob found that it was very effective to turn the other cheek -- you almost have to to get in a good roundhouse kick to the lower jaw.
jehovoid
Member # 2014

Whenever Jeffrey stood behind someone in lines, he would think to himself, "I know you can read my mind, person standing in front of me," just to see if they would turn around, but when they invariably did not, it really didn't prove anything since if they really could read minds they wouldn't blow their cover like that.

afr, that was pretty funny.

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Where other people would cross the street to avoid the beggars and downtrodden, Dan had no qualms of walking right up to them and kicking them in the shins.

He was filled with a deep throbbing uncontrolable rage, topped with a marichino cherry.

His smile had that natural sincerity that only comes from hours of practice in front of a mirror.

Dan wore out his VCR taping comercials.

Every day Dan strove to be the best Dan he could be, which, when all was said and done, wasn't that great anyway.

advice for robots
Member # 2544

Likewise, jehovoid--I have a good chuckle at every one of yours. [Big Grin]
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Annie tended to have momentary epiphanies of the true nature of the universe that really freaked her out.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  26  27  28   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.