FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Wenches Tavern Two Towers Edition (Page 13)

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  21  22  23   
Author Topic: The Wenches Tavern Two Towers Edition
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL. I'll stand by the tree if Legolas is shooting. What?! He's Legolas. It's not like he'd miss.

Well, it's Sunday. The first day of the party has arrived. And so, dear friends, Wenches and Honorary Wenches alike, here is my gift to you:
::unrolls long parchment::

...The future of civilization rests in the fate of the One Ring, which has been lost for centuries. Powerful forces are unrelenting in their search for it. But fate has placed it in the hands of a young Hobbit named Frodo Baggins, who inherits the Ring and steps into legend.

A daunting task lies ahead for Frodo when he becomes the Ringbearer — to destroy the One Ring in the fires of Mount Doom where it was forged. But he can’t do it alone. A Fellowship bands together to lend Frodo the wisdom of Gandalf; the loyalty of his friends Sam, Merry and Pippin; the courage of Aragorn and Boromir; the precision of Legolas; and the strength of Gimli. They are aided in their quest by Arwen, Galadriel and Elrond whose knowledge of the Ring brings to light the true danger and importance of their journey… To the Hatrack Wenches Tavern!

For photos of some of our guests please go here.

And I’ve also brought dessert.

Enjoy! (Both the guests and food. )

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I'll have you know I'm half-elf. I have a pretty good chance of hitting that stupid apple so if you don't mind, go back over to the tree and let me give you your present.

*looks at Legolas*

Thanks, and after I shoot this apple I'll let you shoot one off my head.

*mumbles something about William Tell*

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElvenWench
Member # 3113

- posted      Profile for ElvenWench   Email ElvenWench         Edit/Delete Post 
The day of the party is here!

I'm so excited. Pixie those cakes look scrumptious!

I have brought some fabulous southwestern quesadilla rolls, to start us all off. Plus, some very special wine that I've been keeping in the back of the wine cellar for just such an occasion.

And, I will start off the gift-giving to Pixie.

I hope you like it, I know white isn't always practical, but it was so lovely I couldnt' resist.

Pixie's New Dress

Posts: 278 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

::ducks as arrow whooshes overhead:: Oh look, you got the apple anyway. ::runs into the tavern for safety::

::skids to a stop in surprise:: Gifts? Wow. Thank you! ::runs around hugging everyone and offering them cake::

ElvenWench: I can't view ".jpg" files on my computer but I'm sure it's lovely anyway.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Fine, I can see that you didn't like my previous present so I got you:

1. A vase full of flowers (hope you wenches won't get mad, I picked them out of the garden)

2. An magical pie that can transform into any type of pie that you want. Right now it is set to apple.

3. More apples. I'll meet you by the tree later.

4. A new shirt that says "Property of Legolas" because Im a guy and Im bad at giving gifts.

Happy Birthday!

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday! my alter ego and I...
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legolas
Member # 3074

- posted      Profile for Legolas   Email Legolas         Edit/Delete Post 
..would like to give you this lovely bit of elvish jewelry, which magically transforms itself into whatever colors and shape you most prefer
Posts: 70 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
*presents Pixie with a wreath of daisies*
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
My gift to Pixie: A complete boxed set of the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice.
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't know it was your birthday! Well, I'll just let you slide by another one of those fluff-thread gossip we did ages ago..hehe..power to the derailing!!

Now where did that Legolas go..I'll take a shot at the archery..

I didn't know Edoras pictures were up yet..Awesome dress too!

Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Birthday party, day two.

Pixie, I hope you are having a wonderful time.

I've mulled some wine and some cider, so take your pick, everyone. There's plenty!

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fael
Member # 3015

- posted      Profile for Fael   Email Fael         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday Pixie, Part of my present is trying to email you Elvenwenches gift. The other is this loden green hooded riding robe complete with a leaf clasp.

*Wanders in to check out the party food*

Posts: 765 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Pixie, For your birthday, I carved a pipe, just for you.

And since not everyone likes pipe-weed, I had Elrond enchant it when we went to Rivendell. When you take it out into the starlight, it plays the lay of Luthien, and other haunting elvish melodies. If you take it out in the sunlight, or by a bright fire, it plays Hobbit tunes.

Happy birthday!

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

LOL. Thanks everyone! RL or virtual, this is the greatest birthday I've ever had: Good friends, family, great gifts, and lots and lots of food!

::runs outside to stand by tree:: ( Sorry, T_Smith, I hadn't seen the "and let me give you your present" part of the post.)

BTW, Wenches and Honorary Wenches, this isn't a party for me, it's a party from me to you. Go enjoy yourselves.

[This message has been edited by Pixie (edited November 11, 2002).]

Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
hey, happy birthday!!!

*Gives Pixie some delicious cookies*

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
What? No birthday presents? I guess you won't be wanting this massage oil, then..
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

Thanks Jenny.

::the sound of galloping horses draws nearer:: The Rohirrim are here!

Toretha
Member # 2233

*runs out to go admire Rohirrim*

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm...they look dirty to me...I'll go run a few baths

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElvenWench
Member # 3113

- posted      Profile for ElvenWench   Email ElvenWench         Edit/Delete Post 
Let's get some honorary wenches and wizards out here to take care of these horses. They look tired.

Gentlemen, please, come in. We have some hot baths running for you. Be assured we will take care of your beloved horses for you.

Posts: 278 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legolas
Member # 3074

*goes out to care for horses*

I can see that they need baths more than me...but I expect to be rewarded for this later!

Posts: 70 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
::Shoos Legolas out of stable::

Watch out, pretty boy, you'll break a nail.

::Rubs down horses, puts them in stalls with plenty of hay and water::

Ni!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legolas
Member # 3074

*stands outside of stable wondering what to do now*
Pixie
Member # 4043

Take a bath too?

::exits kitchen carrying large tray of drinks and lembas for the rohirrim::

Oh, and for all the Wenches and Honorary Wenches who are helping to make the Rohirrim comfortable, I've left an extra tray of lembas and drinks in the kitchen.

::decided a week ago that her job in the tavern was to make sure that everyone was well-rested, well-fed, and comfortable:: How may I be of service?

ElvenWench
Member # 3113

Very nice, Pixie - except that's EVERY wenches' job.

I could use some help down in the wine cellar, the Rohirrum are happy enough with ale, but all these elves tend to stick with wine.

*turns around*

What's that Faramir? You and some of your Ithilien rangers will come help? How very kind of you.

You've always been the polite one, you have. Denethor was a fool to think Boromir was better.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

*decides the tavern is too crowded and these Rohirrim have just got to go*

Hey guys, look over there. A bunch of Uruks are stealing your horses!

*snickers as everylast one of them runs off*

*drinks apple beer*

Toretha
Member # 2233

*swats T*

Hey! the horses are still there! Stop making trouble, or we'll lock you up in the jail

ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh...I missed the party. Damn.

::brings out a large wooden box::

Well, here you go, Pixie-sorry it's late . It's a throwing ax, very well balanced. And, of course, here is a nice bag of apples to practice with. Now who can we get to balance an apple on their head...hmm...

Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
*steps outta the bath-room, all clean and redressed, and raises his hand*
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

Yes, Human? Did you have a question?
Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

LOL.

::leads 3 Rohirrim over to Ladyday::

You didn't miss the party. It's going to continue for as long as we want it to.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Axes and Apples? Sounds like a great parody of a game. Can I play?
G'noot
Member # 1723

- posted      Profile for G'noot           Edit/Delete Post 
I am so excited to hear the score! (And see the movie, but this review has definitely gotten me excited to hear Howard Shore's tapestry of sounds!) Scroll down to view the related article, there is quite a bit before it.

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/articles/2002/15_Nov---Film_Score_Friday_Plus_Two_Towers_Review.asp

Posts: 55 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

::hands T_Smith axe and apples and then runs inside to safety::

Olivet
Member # 1104

Thank you, G'noot! That was great. I'm all atwitter.

*Volunteers for target practice*

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

G'noot, welcome. Have you been to the Tavern before? I don't remember...it's a bit early in the morning.

Would you like some breakfast?

Anyone else?

*offers coffee to anyone who happens to be awake*

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Breakfast? Mmmmmm. I would just like some eggs thank you. Oh, and some waffles, too. With strawberry jam. Oh, now I'll need some milk. What am I thinking, I nearly forgot the ham, bacon, sausage, pancakes, and roasted mushrooms with those eggs. Oh, and scramble those eggs. I'll also need some pepper and salt, and ketchup and salsa for those eggs.
Vána
Member # 3262

Wow...T_Smith sure does have a hobbit's appetite!
Pixie
Member # 4043

LOL! Indeed.

::yawns:: One should not have to wake up early on saturday.

Toretha
Member # 2233

*decides to go cook today*

mushroom soup, fish for Gollum, lembas crispies for dessert

Olivet
Member # 1104

Remember not to coom the fish for Gollum.

*makes face*

He likes it raw, scales, eyes and all.

Vána
Member # 3262

Life outside the Tavern is getting a bit difficult to bear. I feel the need to make the Tavern as utterly pleasant, refreshing, relaxing, and fun as possible.

Not as an escape (well, not entirely... ), but as a harbor - a respite, if you will.

*gathers fresh flowers (as the Vala of Springtime, I can gather fresh flowers whenever I choose) and places them in vases all over the tavern*

*bakes fresh brownies and cookies and cakes*

*lights a fire in the fireplace and mulls some cider and wine*

*eats cookies and drinks wine next to the fire, surrounded by the scent of lilacs and orchids*

[This message has been edited by Vána (edited November 18, 2002).]

Pixie
Member # 4043

::hugs Vana:: I know what you mean.

Question: Have you read the Silmarillion?

Vána
Member # 3262

Of course!

Why do you ask?

Pixie
Member # 4043

You said "Vala" and the SM is the only place I can remember the Valar being mentioned in.

::started reading the Silmarillion over the weekend and loves it::

Vána
Member # 3262

Pixie - Yep, it's a wonderful book. It gets a bit difficult at times (well, it did for me) to keep the men and the elves straight, once they started to interact. I'll have to read it again. But I have so many other books to get through first!

(back to the Tavern...)
I'm surprised at how quiet it's been in here. Perhaps some of you are alergic to my flowers?

Or maybe you would prefer some other varieties? Let's see...what can I find out there?

Elanor? How about some Niphredil? Irises, even?

*goes out to gather more flowers*

Please enjoy some brownies while I'm gone, or lembas if you prefer.

Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
*nibbles a brownie*

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

*wanders in*

*yawns*

*rubs sleep from eyes*

I keep having the strangest dreams.

Oh, look! Brownies!

Fael
Member # 3015

- posted      Profile for Fael   Email Fael         Edit/Delete Post 
*Stumbles downstairs*
Boy has this studying gotten me hungry. I heard that there was a lot of food left over down here. Is there any of that mushroom soup left?

*wanders into the kitchen to get something to eat*

Posts: 765 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

:: offers fael tray with array of good study foods with caffeine boosts::

Edit: Silly extra smilies.

[This message has been edited by Pixie (edited November 20, 2002).]

Vána
Member # 3262

Fael, why are you studying in the Tavern? I mean, studying with books. There are so many people here who can teach you all about the history of Arda (Treebeard, the many Elves, not to mention the Wizards), and its environments (the Rangers have seen nearly all of it!), its geology (the Dwarves)...just about anything you can think of! Just ask someone!

Ohhhhhh...unless that's what you were doing...in which case, no wonder you're tired! Here, have some cider and some cake.

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  21  22  23   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.