FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Kama Con Official Info -!New! Hotel Preview pg 13 - You can still call late (Page 12)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: Kama Con Official Info -!New! Hotel Preview pg 13 - You can still call late
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
*bump for Space Opera*

Okay - who wants S.O. in their room? I'd like to have her in my room, but I think we already have four, and I don't know if we can do five.
quote:

Rooming:

KAMA/Katharina/Rivka
DKW/ElJay/Ryuko/Mack
BannaOJ/blacwolve/celia
Moose family
Davidson family
Bob Scopatz (solo)
Vana & Lime / Theca
Psychotriad (Ken?) & kwsni/Fugu13/Becki/Cyberdan
Saxon75 & Juliette
sndrake & diane
T_Smith/Lalo/Frisco/BobtheLawyer/CalvinMaker/
Fugu13/PrimalCurve (or are they with the above group?)
xnera
Happy Camper / Hobbes / Telperion
RRR/Marek/Annie/JonnyNotSoBravo
Farmgirl / Ivygirl / fiazko / Kasie / Space Opera
Insanity Plea (Bernard) & Mayday
Roomless:
- Richard Berg
- Jenny
- Jaiden??
- Ted??
- Zevlag
- fugu friend??
- The Tick

Maybes:
cyruseh?
Noemon?

Farmgirl

[ August 02, 2004, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Good Lord! Don't use my name - no one will reply! Just say "who wants another person in their room?" That ups my chances.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
No, they'll think she means their significant other.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

We all love you, S.O. ! You're a cool newbie.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Man with close to 50 people, I wish we could convince the Cards to show up.

*sigh*

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
So who am I rooming with?
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
With me?

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool beans!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Well, I had you on the list Telp, then they said you weren't coming, so I took you off. Let me put you back on.

Farmgirl

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Well, except now I don't remember who we thought you were rooming with...

FG

BannaOj
Member # 3206

Well the Happy Camper/Hobbes room looks the least crowded Teleperion. That could work if they have no objections for volunteering them. Or if you and space opera wish to share, I'll need to talk to the anonymous donor and Wendy to work it out.

At worst you can both crash on the floor in the hospitality room and we wont tell [Wink]

AJ

[ July 22, 2004, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
According to that list there are 17 or 18 rooms reserved. I didn't think it was so high?
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

I can just go ahead and reserve a room for myself. Then if anyone needs a roommate they can room with me. I'm going to call Mr. Opera right now and make certain this is all cool with him.

space opera

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

I do not mind where I sleep... as long as I can use the bathroom! [Smile] Anywere and with anyone is good.
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

There are some redundancies in the above list because those people never made it real clear in the thread who they are planning to room with, so I'm waiting for them to confirm/deny which is right so I can edit the list.

Farmgirl

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

A.J. - is there a limit on how many we can have in a room?

FG

BannaOj
Member # 3206

I'm implementing a don't ask don't tell policy on that.

(I think the limit is 5 acutally, it is most places due to fire codes)

AJ

[ July 22, 2004, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

Sounds good to me... and AJ I sent you an email with my contact info for your records.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

We have 16 rooms reserved.

Happy Camper do you have a long last name that starts with an H (that often gets massacred I'm sure cause Wendy couldn't pronounce)? There was a shorter last name belonging to a Mike that started with an S like Sachar. And Papa Moose is Michael.

I think all of the Mikes are going to have to go by their screen names juding from the number of Mikes and Michaels that have reserved rooms alone. If someone hollers "Mike" half the room is going to turn around.

AJ

[ July 22, 2004, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
<-- Mike Sakasegawa

But if you people call me "Saxon" that won't be weird for me at all, given that "Saxon" was one of my nicknames from college, and several of my RL friends still call me that.

Edit: I also respond [usually] to most derivatives of Sak [e.g. Sak-man, Saktang], Saxon, and John.

[ July 22, 2004, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: saxon75 ]

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

What a cool last name!

FG

Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have a problem with that. [Big Grin]

(The Telp rooming with us thing [Cool] )

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

We will probably get some of this ironed out when we arrive, but S.O. you are welcome to come into our room. I'll push IvyGirl off onto the floor (she's a kid, she sleeps that way half the time at home anyway)

Farmgirl

Space Opera
Member # 6504

Awww...that's so nice of you. But I don't wanna take your daughter's bed!

space opera

BannaOj
Member # 3206

I don't know whether S or the H was you. It is possible she massacred your last name to come out like Hassenpfeffer which is what I thought I heard(or something germanic sounding) Though she sorta mumbled on the shorter S one cause I don't think she had any idea how to pronounce it either.

AJ

I'm going to go over to the hotel at lunchtime to check things out sometime in the next week.

AJ

Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
Currently I'm planning to stay in the room that Lime and Vana reserved. Sharing the cost 50/50. But I've been feeling more and more guilty over staying in a room with a couple (my parents are absolutely horrified at the very idea) so if they would prefer in any way to have the room to themselves I'll find another place. But that's the room I should be listed in right now, anyway. Vana?
Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not going to be there, given not-unanticipated but much-unexpected family problems, but I still owe my bit for my commitment to the room. So, yeah, tell me how much I owe for my cut of the days, and I'll mail it to whomever.
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Lalo, I think you were going in one of the rooms ElJay reserved but I'm not entirely sure on that.

So that's probably who you should talk to to start.
AJ

Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, my last name is an often butchered German name that starts with H. And I have no objections to another roomie if Hobbes doesn't.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

I still have no idea what happy camper's last name actually is, it was butchered that badly.
When you consider Saxy's name (which I refuse to respell cause I'm going to screw it up) came out to Sachar...

I'm going to ask Wendy for a written printout when I go visit, so I can match screen names to people. Then I can post a list here of the screen names of the main contact person for each room. Then we can cross-reference with Farmgirl's list to clear up the maximum of confusion.

AJ
(Btw lest anyone worry, Wendy isn't giving everyone's information out to just anyone, only me since I'm official co-ordinator that signed the check and contract)

[ July 22, 2004, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, there are no Ns or Fs in my name. That's all I'll say. [Razz]
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Well then the poor woman was really in pain trying to pronounce it cause I would swear I heard both Ns and F's!

I feel everyone's pain on last name butchering. Mine should be simple. Isbell. As in the word "is" and the word "bell" (It is not-so-distantly related to the last name Ziebel) But due to its similarity to the first name Isabel no one ever believes me that it is a last name and I get in arguments regularly phone orders. In fact, I just checked and it is wrong on the Kama Con contract.

*sigh*

AJ

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

BannaOj, I don't need to call do I? I'm all set right? I just need to hand over money when I get there?
BannaOj
Member # 3206

You will all need to work how much you owe with the person who reserved your room. In your case I'd e-mail Happy Camper also known as "Mike-with-the-unpronouncable-German-last-name-starting-with-an-H."

There will also be a fee, I'm guessing around $10-$20 to help out with the cold cuts and munchy food and the Hospitality room costs. I'm going to get the food from Costco and Sam's for the two group meals. I have considered a bulk order of Chicago-style pizza from someplace like Lou Malnati's (they are better than Giordano's) too, but it would be a slightly pricier option, that is up to the will of the Majority. So if you have a preference let it be known!

Rivka is handling all kosher and vegan meals, so anyone who wishes to participate in that culinary experience needs to let her know and will be dealing with expenses for that with her rather than me.

AJ

[ July 22, 2004, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

BannaOj
Member # 3206

$10*40 people = $400! Wow, though I could see easily spending $100+ per meal for 40 people. I'm sure it will be $10 or less if 40 people do indeed show up.

Since we are up to 46 people I think, I'm going to start my meal planning targeted for 40 since there are a few who will go with rivka's meal options. I'll estimate for 50 too so I've got an upper limit on price. Will work on that in the next week.

AJ

Happy Camper
Member # 5076

We can work out whatever, whenever. Like I said earlier in the thread, I'm not really concerned about the money (It occurs to me that I might sound like an ass who's waving money around. I hope I don't), so we figure it out there as far as I care.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Don't worry Happy, I can always send you out to buy the pizza.

Let's see, though I'm sure I can find coupons the good chicago-style pizzas are around $10 each. (There is no point in coming to Chicago and eating Little Caesar's) Figure 3 people per pizza and 45 people that is $150...

AJ

[ July 22, 2004, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

Sounds good!

And if you need any manual labor I'm here to help! *flexes his beefy arms*

Space Opera
Member # 6504

Woo hoo! I'm coming to KamaCon! I'm not sure whether it will just be me, or me and Mr. Opera. We're going to talk about it tonight and decide. We'd need to find a babysitter for the weekend if Mr. Opera comes. Either way I'll know this evening.

space opera

BannaOj
Member # 3206

Ok, pizza is sounding like a good choice for one of the group meals and the cold cuts for the other meal.

Here are my personal choices.

#1) http://www.loumalnatis.com
(and they've got a catering package that is $5.75/person) http://www.louscatering.com/louscatering_menu.pdf

#2) http://ginoseast.com
(pricier but very very good)
I can get coupons for both of these so the prices are a bit better than the website.

#3) http://www.giordanos.com
(I'd personally prefer Lou's or Gino's but I recall Annie requesting them. They aren't bad by any means!)

AJ
(I think I'm going to start another thread for this where people can vote.)

[ July 22, 2004, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Last chance....I'm going to assault the husband one last time and see if he'll cave. Wish me luck.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

PSI - bring him along; Put him in a room with Space Opera's husband and they can have the "Hatrack addicts spouses support group" going....

FG

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

I wish...work and kids. If I come at all, it will be alone.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck, PSI!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Currently I'm planning to stay in the room that Lime and Vana reserved. Sharing the cost 50/50. But I've been feeling more and more guilty over staying in a room with a couple (my parents are absolutely horrified at the very idea) so if they would prefer in any way to have the room to themselves I'll find another place. But that's the room I should be listed in right now, anyway. Vana?
Pssh, wouldn't hear of it. If it'll make everyone more comfortable I'll sleep on the sofa/floor. I'm pretty sure we grabbed a room with multiple beds, and if not, we can yoink one when no one's looking. Matter 'o fact, if it's okay with you, Theca, I'd like to offer our room to anyone else who'd like to split boarding costs.

[ July 22, 2004, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: Lime ]

Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok with me, and I have a sleeping bag too.
Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Hmmm, no go....again. We figured we can't afford it this year, but he promised I can go to the next one, so that's a plus! He'll have forgotten he said it, but I won't!

*saves promise for later*

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Half a loaf, I guess. *hug* You'll be missed.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Get it in writing. [Wink]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
That's it AJ, I'm getting you a present.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.