FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Random Thread (Page 12)

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   
Author Topic: The Random Thread
jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
Andy Capp is one of my favorite comics that I just never get to read anymore.
Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Red M&Ms taste better.
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

It's a common male fantasy to be stranded on a desert island with a beautiful woman, but I bet something that men rarely realize is that there is no way for a woman to shave on a desert island. After awhile, things might get hairy.

This is why, whenever I'm traveling over water, I always carry a razor with me. Be prepared.

Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koga
Member # 5646

- posted      Profile for Koga   Email Koga         Edit/Delete Post 
Where has evryone gone? was the hatrack con tonight and no one told me?
Posts: 733 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Jehovoid, that was great. You deserve more funny-man credit.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
A word of advice: Never type in your password when you have food on your fingers.
(it...um...leaves a trail...)

[ December 12, 2003, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: Eruve Nandiriel ]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes you just know when it's the right time to get that tail removed.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

If the pen is mightier than the sword, then is the pencil mightier than the dagger? I mean, I know there's the lead poisoning to deal with and all, but come on. And what is the word processor stronger than? A sub-machine gun?
Koga
Member # 5646

- posted      Profile for Koga   Email Koga         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"Oh, the red strokes, Passions uncaged Thundering moments of tenderness rage, Oh, the red strokes, Tempered and strong, Burning the night like the dawn"
-Garth Brooks "The Red Strokes"

[Dont Know]

Posts: 733 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

- posted      Profile for Liquor and Fireworks   Email Liquor and Fireworks         Edit/Delete Post 
Fresco Cheese is so frickin good! I think I have a crush on it...but I probably should have kept that to myself.
Posts: 331 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
My wife upon being awakend this morning, "I'm not Sleeping Beauty, she was easy."

My question to you--was Sleeping Beauty easy?

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Recent news reports have made me question song lyrics.

I always assumed Billie Jean was a young single mother. Now I wonder if Billy/Gene was a young boy with an irrate mother.

With whom did Micheal go dancing, on the floor, in the round?

[ January 08, 2004, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: Dan_raven ]

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

- posted      Profile for Liquor and Fireworks   Email Liquor and Fireworks         Edit/Delete Post 
euphemistically may quite possibly be the greatest word in the english language, oh sure, you guys think that "consequently", and "feasibly" are better, but, as always, you are wrong.
Posts: 331 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Not I. In fact, I don't even like adverbs.

Go ahead, shoot me, shoot me now, but it's the truth! I can't keep it a secret any longer!

Ah, that felt good.

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I bet being trampled can be a pretty traumatic experience, here's Jim to give us the skinny on it.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, were you there when peter farted?
Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

What is the definition of is that you are using?

What is the definition of definition?

pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
The front page is so sadly lacking in fluff today.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

I just realized why people post so much, it's cause it thanks us every time we do it!
These people think everyone is thankful they are posting!
I say we make an appeal to the administrators to change the message to "It's your fault this world sucks".

jehovoid
Member # 2014

Now, about these one-eyed one-horned flying purple people eaters, what are they?

Are they people that fly and eat and are purple and have one eye and one horn?

Are they some sort of being that eats one-eyed one-horned flying purple people?

Or maybe it's the creature that has the one eye and one horn and it just eats two-eyed, no horned flying purple people.

And what's with the short-shorts?

jehovoid
Member # 2014

Nobody seems to care about the consequences of post-marital sex.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

The kids do.
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
The planets sweep out equal areas in equal times.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

My cat's breath smells like cat food.
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
I just checked my "recent searches" on my Google toolbar, and I found

quote:
774-4274 eric
I have no memory of searching for this. I could write up some lyrics for it and send it to Tommy Tutone, I suppose.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

I need to vent some randomness:

I'm walking along a desserted beach, ice cream and chocolate sprinkles everywhere, when along comes a mermaid.
"hey Hills, s'up?" She says to me.
"Ummm, who's 'Hills'?" I responded
"They be my hills I reckon"
At this point I was quite confused, as I had never known a mermaid to use the term "reckon", yet this one did. At this point, I ended my post.

[ January 23, 2004, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: Liquor and Fireworks ]

T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Thai Food leftovers are natures way of telling you to get a girlfriend.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

Diarrhea is nature's way of telling you to stop eating Thai food.
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

I'm not crazy
You're the one who's crazy
You're driving me crazy

They stuck me in an institution
Said it was the only solution
To give me the needed professional help
To protect me from the enemy, myself

"Institutionalized" - Suicidal tendencies, but the Black Velvet Flag cover is great.

Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

Well staple my eye and call me lobster! That fish ordered a pizza!
jehovoid
Member # 2014

It's silly really, the idea of a horse-drawn carriage. I mean, horses can't draw!
jehovoid
Member # 2014

Is St. Peter the patron saint of bouncers?
jehovoid
Member # 2014

I am heir apparent to the throne of incongruity!
jehovoid
Member # 2014

I bet the funniest word for a person with a lisp to say would be "catharsis." The second funniest might be "thesis."

[ February 04, 2004, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: jehovoid ]

jehovoid
Member # 2014

A superhero with the ability to see through walls probably misses out some pretty good walls. I mean, for my money there's almost nothing better than sitting back and staring at a well-proportioned, blank wall.

[ February 10, 2004, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: jehovoid ]

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Never try to tickle a cat, you may lose an arm.

[ February 10, 2004, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: Eruve Nandiriel ]

Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
I like to lounge around the house in my long underwear, and have recently taken up the practice of wearing them to work under my pants. They make me feel more secure, sort of like wearing pajamas under my clothes.
Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

If they ever clone a llama, do you think they'd call it the Dolly Llama?
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Statistically speaking, are you gay?

If they took a random cross section of 10,000 people in the US and asked them if they had ever slept with you, the odds are they wouldn't get one of your sexual partners, not to mention many. (unless you are a rock star, star athlete, or Bill Clinton)

As a result, when they tallied up the totals wouldn't your preference for the opposite sex fall well within the margin of error?

[ February 18, 2004, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: Dan_raven ]

luthe
Member # 1601

- posted      Profile for luthe   Email luthe         Edit/Delete Post 
Where accoriding to the MLA Format do I put the part that says I really don't care?
Posts: 1458 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

4 out of 5 dentists agree that the 5th dentist is a prick.

(Although I think I heard this somewhere, or got the idea for it somewhere else. Maybe Carlin.)

Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Not too long til 500th post.

Oh, yeah, random... Uh... monkey bubble obese midget.... Canadian beer. Yeah.

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

When the plan to rob the bank located in the Swiss Alps failed, the theives blamed it on the escape goat.
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
The goat had no comment.

:::raises hand to camera and hurries to his car:::

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

Not to make light of one of the worst tragedies in the history of humanity (don't you love it when jokes start out with this phrase?), but when Hiroshima or Nagasaki were bombed, at that instant when the fireball was expanding through the city and incinerating pretty much everything, do you think by chance there was some person who happened to be in the middle of a fart at that time, and did that gas in fact make another mini-explosion inside of the atomic explosion, and maybe in that instant the person who made the fart realized that a)he was farting, b)he was being incinerated, and c)his fart had caught fire.

Would this not be one of the most perplexing states of mind in the history of human thought?

[ April 06, 2004, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: jehovoid ]

Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
Without the fear of death there is no reason to live.
Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

With the death of reason there is a life of fear.

(edit: this works better)

[ April 06, 2004, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: jehovoid ]

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Everything is cheese.
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
A thousand inebriated elephants are standing on my big toe.
I therefore am in need of one hell of a hangover remedy.

Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
You know what's great? Stale marshmallow peeps for Easter! You get the peeps, cut open the plastic, and let them sit for a few days... Mmmm mmmm good!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.