FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Felt in love on february, the 14th - Epilogue (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Felt in love on february, the 14th - Epilogue
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
The un untrustly things hapened yesterday. I discovered i've got a heart.
More : he beat for a girl ! unthinkable !

I know her for a long time (around 3 years), but i discover that just yesterday. I think we have the same feeling. However, I haven't courted for a long time. And i am affraid to be too bad and to undispose her. [Angst]

Please help me to continue my story !!

[ May 14, 2005, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: Choobak ]

Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
In all seriousness, this has got to be one of my all-time favorite posts at Hatrack. Language barriers are so overrated.

The only advice I have comes in two parts. First, and most obvious, is be yourself. You've obviously gotten this far simply by doing that. Second, and only slightly less obvious is to find out if the feelings are mutual. I have no idea how to advise about finding out, but I only know (first hand) that not finding out can lead to bad things.

Also, surely someone else around here has some sound advise that covers something other than the obvious.

Feyd Baron, DoC

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Take her to a poetry reading or a craft fair and buy her chocolate, a cup of tea, or a knick-knack.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Be honest, and think it all through first....not the conversation with her, but make sure you are positive about your feelings for her before you make any move at all...once you try to date, nothing will ever be the same again, for better or for worse.

Be honest with her, and tell her all the things you like/love about her. Don't try to be subtle...either she won't get it, or she will but you won't know that she did... [Big Grin]

Good luck!

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
The title sounds like a tagline for corny movie.

Good luck though.

Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foundling
Member # 6348

- posted      Profile for foundling   Email foundling         Edit/Delete Post 
Choobak, the way you write is charming. If the way you talk to her is in any way similar, then I'm sure you'll have no problems. Good luck, and just be yourself;)
Posts: 499 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
The post reminds me of "Everything is Illuminated".
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Choobak is totally cute. [Smile]
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

Thanks for all this pretty posts. I'll try to be honest with her, so romantic (i hide this side behind my happy behavior).

*Breath*

*speak to myself* Get up, Choobak !

Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
(((Choobak)))
I'm happy for you ! That's really good news !

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Take her to a poetry reading or a craft fair and buy her chocolate, a cup of tea, or a knick-knack.
Um. . . if you want to be HER GIRLFRIEND!

Sheesh!

[Big Grin]

:has taken Mrs. R. to poetry readings and craftfairs, bought her REALLY GOOD chocoloate, and neat little knick-knacks:

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck and like most others have said, be your self. [Smile]
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

I want to add some news about my pretty story.
The link is know very strong and we send us around 3 or 4 E-mails a day. I can't meet her in this period because of her exams and inspection (she is french litterature teacher). And i love her, and she love me.

Wow ! [Blushing]

The next time i'll meet her is the 9th for the birthday of two friends twins. I want to look in her (thanks Corwin) eyes ! I am becoming crazy...

Love is so good !

[ March 03, 2005, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: Choobak ]

Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I <3 Choobak. How could I miss this the first time round? Hatrack is better for having you. Some people's posts just make your day brighter for no particular reason. [Smile]

I'm so glad to hear things are going well. May you always be so happy.

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! This is so cute! Choobak is twitterpatted. [Smile]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Comment dit-on twitterpated en français? Touiterpé?
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

On dit : touiteurpatède. I am laughing a lot !
I don't know the translation. I just know that twitter is a "gazouillement" (the song of a bird) and pated is "carressé" or "tapoté". So, I don't understand what i am ! [ROFL] i continue to laugh...

beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Choobak, have you ever watched the Disney cartoon movie "Bambi"? I think that was where they first used the word. It is a cute word for "infatuation". [Smile] Or in this case, "to be infatuated".
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, there's even an entry on dictionary.com!

twitterpated

[Big Grin]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

Ok !! We said in french : "avoir le béguin (pour quelqu'un)".
But with the definition corwin has linked, I think a better translation is "être fou d'amour" (litterally : to be crazy of love)

So, yes ! I am twitterpated... [Blushing]

And it's so sweet !

Choobak
Member # 7083

I'll meet her tomorow evening in a friend surprise birthday party. I am too nervous ! I have little trembles... During one week or more (i lose the time notion), we have written lot of E-mails. All the mine are joined by a poem i wrote. And she likes all and perticularly the last. (I recall to you she is Litterature teacher, so her compliments touched me.)

What will happened ? I am impatient and anxious !

Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooo, I'm so excited for you! What a wonderful thread! There is nothing like the first thrills of love. [Smile]
Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread makes me happy. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
Cute Choobak! Hope it goes well.
"Twitterpated" is a great word! To me it will always refer to Dana and Bob back when they were both twitterpated about each other, but before we all guessed.

Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
How lovely. [Smile]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Ain't love the sweetest thing? [Smile]

[ March 08, 2005, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

She was not at the party... [Frown]

Worse : She don't answer my today E-mail (the first time) [Frown]

And the worst : One of my friend is in love with her too... [Cry]

I am very very sad. Sorry.

TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Then answer the question of all angst-crossed lovers...

Is your friend bigger than you are?

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Sorry to hear that. [Frown]

I know that right now you're feeling like everything is going to end, but give her a little time, ok? Stop making scenarios in your head and try to wait patiently until she contacts you.

[Group Hug]

Choobak
Member # 7083

It's 2 am and i can't sleep. I try a hammer knock on my head... Nothing.
I agree about scenarii on my mind : I must stop it and try to sleep. But a part of my head refuse to admit that and is in strike like the subway drivers currently (that why she can't go this evening.

I must go working tomorow, but i am so bad !!!

That will be hard...

TMedina
Member # 6649

Choobak - Corwin is right.

Stop creating scenarios in your mind. It will only make you insane.

It won't give you the answers you're looking for.

Take a shower. Do pushups. Do anything else, but don't dwell on what could have happened.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Oh well... I'm in love too, you know. Yesterday I just had my worst sleep ever. I managed to go to sleep at around 2AM and woke up at 6:30AM... [Grumble] I DON'T recommend this... It's already late, but if you can you should have some linden tea to calm you down and go to sleep afterwards.

I think I should sleep too... Good night, Choobak!

Choobak
Member # 7083

Thanks a lot. I'm going to reading a book and change my mind. Tomorow, i'll speak with my best friend. He may have a better point of view. An objective eyes on my depressed attitude.

I am trying to sleep now. [Sleep]

[ March 09, 2005, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: Choobak ]

Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it really better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all? I'm looking for opinions.

And Choobak, I really hope things work out for you.

Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

I'm of the opinion...no.

-Trevor

tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
I say yes, but then - at the time of losing, it will almost definitely seem like the answer is no. That's why I try to love and keep. [Wink]
Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Good morning, Choobak. When you get within typing distance let us know how you've been, ok? [Hat]
Anna
Member # 2582

I'm sorry to hear that, Choobak. I really hope it's just a misunderstanding...
Whenever you feel like it, let us know, OK ? [Group Hug]

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs Choobak* Let us know what happens, ok? And be sure to e-mail me if you need anything (e-mail in profile).

Better still, e-mail me in French, so I can also try to improve my skills and help you at the same time! [Smile]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

Morning was hard : I have slept just 3 hour and half. So...
I think i am becoming too crazy and totally unobjective. I'll speak with my best friend in a half hour. He is also a friend of her. So his vision may be better than mine.

I think the slightest things which let me thing she doesn't love me get a super size.

She answered me in a very short mail to a global message to my friends about a party i organize to say she will come. She added she was busy so she can't answer me these days.

All have explanations... But i'm terrified to be in conflict with a friend...

Pfff !! I sight.

It's hard, but you are sincerly friendly with me.

Corwin
Member # 5705

One advice: try to calm down and sleep more. (if you can make it you're good, I never managed to! [Big Grin] )
Choobak
Member # 7083

I agree [Big Grin]

I think i was in a bad time. I discuss with my friend and i see the view better than before. I breath slowly and deeply now. Excuse-me to make these sad post...
I'm going to eat a little and next : sleeping. [Sleep]
She want i continue to send poem... That i made.

Anna
Member # 2582

I hope you'll get everything sorted with her.
*sends good vibes*

Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
You wrote her a poem? That's beautiful. [Smile]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Hey, Choobak! How's your weekend going? I'm glad you decided on a more positive approach to your situation. Keep it going! [Big Grin]
Choobak
Member # 7083

I like writing, and it's what she like (d ?) in me. She answers me by a short message that i translate here :

Original in french :

quote:
Salut Sylvain,

Pas mal du tout le poème du jour. Drôlement original en fait!

Pour les vers de 9 syllabes, on dit enneasyllabes.

Passe un bon week-end!
Dorothée.

In english :
"Hello Sylvain,

Not bad at all the today poem. Very original in fact !

For lines of 9 syllables, it is called enneasyllables.

Have a good week-end !
Dorothée"

Since this message, i have written 3 new poems and begun a fourth.

It's strange the sad feeling we may have when loving somebody. I have written a poem about that and the waitting of a new mail.

About my week, it was in up and down, and up and down. More down than up in reality. But i hope this week will be better.

[ March 13, 2005, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: Choobak ]

Anna
Member # 2582

So do I, Choobak. [Group Hug]
Corwin
Member # 5705

Choobak, here's another piece of useless advice: don't overwhelm her with messages and/or phone calls. She might want to go at a slower pace, and if you keep it like this it might just drive her away.

Remember, the fact that someone doesn't act the way you do doesn't mean they don't like/love you. It's just that every one of us has different ways of showing affection. For some it's a burning flame that'll consume them from the start, for others it builds in time, along with the trust in and knowledge about the other person.

That said, I also hope you have a better week, and don't hesitate to post about any problems that might arise. [Wave]

Choobak
Member # 7083

Yes Corwin, You're right. Writing is my expression way and speaking is more difficult.

I stay cool now.

*EDIT*

Merci Corwin, tu viens de me réveiller et de me faire prendre conscience du goufre dans lequel j'allais plonger. Je crois que je perdais de vue tout ce qui faisait ma vie avant. Un exemple : hier en Nationnal 5, je me suis fais ratiboiser par un moins fort que moi. J'en perdais la luciditer de mon jeu.

Sorry for the non french readers, but as Mr Card has writen in Xenocide, When you passionly speak or write, you return to your original language.
I just say to Corwin thanks because i didn't see the wall face of me.
sO Corwin, you win a drink when you'll come to Paris. I add that all of you who support me can come too. I'll gladly offer a drink to you.

Mail-me before (in french in the title because of spam), you get my adress in my profil.

[ March 14, 2005, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: Choobak ]

Choobak
Member # 7083

My dear friends,

She like to receive my E-mail ! I saw her this evening and we spoke together. That was not the great and beautiful love discussion, but i loved that. She said she like my mails because she knows she have something to read in is mailbox at the break time.

To continue, she adds there is really good poems i wrote. And i know his favorite is one who speak about a train travel i made and the dream i have of a girl (she) who lives in the abbaye of my life.

In addition to that, she has offered me a gift. It is a very very small book she get : Les fleurs du mal by Baudelaire (Great poetry)

And to finished, i see her again to my "pendaison de crémaillère" (it's the party we take when your home is ready to have gests) And we will speak together again. [Smile]

I'm in love... [Blushing]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.