FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » WenchCon - Stuff to bring (Page 1)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: WenchCon - Stuff to bring
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
We need to find roomies and stuff, and make reservations in the next two weeks or so.

Who wants to share with whom?

I think we had a two couple room with Wench Ophelia, Wench Vana and their men.

I suggested putting Frisco in Katharina's room, but that was met with a lukewarm [Razz] reception.

Everybody wants Jenny Gardener, so she may room-hop to satify her fans . [Wink]

Ela and JaneX have either one or two slots open in their room.

Who else? Any other definites?

[ March 09, 2005, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: Olivetta ]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
What? I said I'm happy to be anywhere, and Frisco's a fabulous roommate. [Smile]
Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Still sounds lukewarm to me. [Big Grin] [Wink]
Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Only let them stay in the same room if neither of them brings laptops. [Wink]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

*grin* Everyone's life will be much more exciting if I have access to a sleeping Frisco.
Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Such promises! [Wink]
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
ooooooooooooooo
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be coming in Friday late; however, my family is likely going to manage transportation. I just need to know where to be when. [Smile]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slim Shady
Member # 3372

- posted      Profile for Slim Shady           Edit/Delete Post 
kat, if Frisco can sleep thru what you are doing to him, how much fun could it be?
Posts: 24 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

I can't believe you are speaking such innuendo to a lady. [Blushing]
Slim Shady
Member # 3372

- posted      Profile for Slim Shady           Edit/Delete Post 
::polishes halo::

What innuendo would that be? I assume any prank you would be doing is more than putting his hand in warm water. ;)

[ January 31, 2005, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: Slim Shady ]

Posts: 24 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

The Wingate Inn, just off Barrett Parkway (behind Costco and U.S. Play) as soon as you can. We're doing an all-nighter with the movies, probably Friday, though I hope to have some meet and greet stuff well before that.

Anybody got Apples to Apples? That was a blast...

Megan
Member # 5290

Hrm. Maybe I should arrange to room with someone for the all-nighter then, just in case?
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

*sigh* I was kinda hoping as we got closer that there might be better fares. The cheapest right now is $273, which is still not something I'm going to be able to do.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

[Frown] I wish you could come, ElJay.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Same here, ElJay. I'm still watching for something that's going to cost me less than $400.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

*shrug* I'll keep checking. But it would have to be pretty cheap. Or I'd have to have my 2004 review and find out I'm getting one heck of a raise.
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
ElJay,

How about taking a day or two off work and road-tripping? If you can get to Indiana, I think we can work something out....

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I thought about that, Jenny, but I'm already taking a lot of time off the first six months of the year, and I'm just not sure I can do more.

I'll just have to plan on it for next year, if the Atlantians are gracious enough to throw a WenchCon IV.

(Added: But I'll find somewhere to wear boots that weekend in your honor.)

[ January 31, 2005, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*sees word "Shinda" in title and gets excited*

*reads thread*

Tease! [Razz] [Grumble]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mean Old Frisco
Member # 6666

- posted      Profile for Mean Old Frisco   Email Mean Old Frisco         Edit/Delete Post 
Jenny, Eljay, and Lady Jane are all welcome in my room.

We can rotate bed sharing duties.

Hourly, if need be.

Posts: 270 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
*snort*
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, will it be too out of line for me to throw candy at you people in the lobby while standing leaning over the railing upstairs screaming "death from above!"? just curious...
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Ophelia? Are we still on for rooming together? Would you like to book the room, or shall we?
Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

We can book it Vana. i think we will be getting there early to help setup and whatnot anyhow.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

Okay, I need to know when to come in.

I have a conference in Las Vegas that week, and that ends at 2:00 or so on Thursday. If I wasn't going to Atlanta, I'd come home that night. Do I come to Atlanta then, or come Friday morning/afternoon? Is anyone going to be in Atlanta on Thursday?

Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, that's fine! Thank you, I appreciate it. [Smile]
Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
I think JaneX's flight is getting in from New England (Hartford, CT) around 4-ish or so - she will check and let you know the exact information.

JaneX and I do need at least one roommate (2 if JaneX's friend decides not to come).

Also, I am curious to know when people will be leaving - I reserved our room through Sunday night, cause we hated having to run out last year. But last year we met on a 3-day weekend - so what is everyone planning?

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

I'll be around as long as there are people. After the hatrackers take off, I'm going to stay with my parents for a few days, so I'll hang out with anyone who is still around.

Also...er...is there actually anyone interested in sharing a room (or letting me sleep on the floor or something) on Friday night, if it is indeed to be an all-nighter? I don't bite. I promise. [Big Grin]

Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
The rooms are pretty big - if you bring a sleeping bag, I am sure there will be space to crash on someone's floor. [Smile]

Someone may even have a bed available...

[ February 01, 2005, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: Ela ]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
We're getting a mega tax refund. (We e-filed for direct deposit yesterday.) As long as we don't get audited and therefore held up, it looks like I will probably be able to go. (I feel a little bad spending $400 on airfare and all when we have absolutely no wiggle room in our budget, but I'm putting it down to mental health, and my wonderful husband is agreeing.) I'm looking for someone to share with who doesn't mind a almost-1-year-old sleeping in their room, and is willing to flex a little around her needs (like being quiet coming in and out at night and stuff), preferably female. Anyone interested?

Also, can someone point me to an estimated cost, excluding airfare? For instance, room, food, activities, etc. I just need a ballpark figure here, but it will help me decide whether to go or not.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Please? *bump*
mackillian
Member # 586

See, I would, but I can't REMEMBER. But I thought I'd let you know so you wouldn't think you're being ignored.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Katie, I think it's cheaper for me to fly on Thurs. than Fri.; if you want to go Thurs. and don't mind Emma, I'll share a room with you.

That is, if anyone gives me an estimated cost, and it's do-able.

Thanks for not ignoring me, mac. [Wink]

Olivetta
Member # 6456

Katie, you can sleep in my spare room that night. My sister will come in Friday evening and probably use it the rest of the weekend, but I could put you up in Casa de Fowler for that time, if you like.

The room costs are $69.00 per night, before room taxes. With taxes it comes to about $75.00 per night, with that being split by however many you can room with and I'm sure the baby is free. [Wink]

Thee is a free continental breakfast every day and moderately priced restaurants close by (walking distance). There is also a U.S. Play across the parking lot, so if you really want to hit that... well, you can drop a lot of money inn one of those game places pretty quickly. I've never been there, myself.

Dividing a room by 4 people would make it less than $25.00 a night. The meeting room for two days is $50.00 divided by however many people come... Less than $5.00 a person, surely. I could cancel the meeting room for the second day and we could overwhelm the lobby on Sunday, depending on how many people are leaving early on Sunday.

So, rooms/roomies:

Vana and Dan and Ophelia and Ben - One room

Ela, JaneX and one or two open slots- One room *open space, I assume female preferred?*

Frisco... obviously selling his body to cover cost of "private" room - appointment suggested

So, we have kq and infant, me Jenny G and Lady Jane who have not sorted ourselves out yet. My sister an neice may come, but may not stay at hotel. If they do, they'll probably want their own room (my sister turns into Queen Bitch of the Universe when she's tired, and wants to spare innocent bystanders).

Jamie and Nathan- ? maybe coming, don't know if they want t o share a room.

TMedina- you staying at the hotel or not?

Am I forgetting anybody?

mackillian
Member # 586

We're coming, I believe. Well, I KNOW I am, but we're waiting on Nathan.
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Oh, so Katie and Kq can probably work that oout fine, then. [Smile]

I mean, you could both stay in the spare room if you don't mind doubling up. We just gave away our crib, but I'm sure we could come up with something...

I'm only allowed to offer the spare room to femmes or people I know well, since the Internet is like a box of every flavor beans, and the hubby is cautious about who we let around our babies, you understand. [Smile]

Ben
Member # 6117

and yet somehow lindsay and i keep sneaking past the guards.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Olivia, that would be wonderful. Flying on Thursday will save me $50 that can go toward a hotel room or something. I can cut that cost even more if Emma doesn't have a seat on the plane; I'll have to work out how I feel about that. So it looks like I'll get to go. We have a playpen/portacrib that I'm planning on bringing with us, so don't worry about where Ems will sleep. Yay! I'm going to WenchCon! *begins to plan costume for after she finishes Katie's*

I'll buy the tickets when we get our refund (probably the 15th or earlier).

Olivetta
Member # 6456

WOOT!

Ben: I said, "or people I know well" you guys no longer set off Ron's Weird Internet People alarm, for some reason. [Wink]

mackillian
Member # 586

That's odd, Ben still sets off mine.

Hey Ben, I found your Van Halen CD last weekend at my dad's house.

You know. From when we were 10. o_O

Ben
Member # 6117

DUDE! bring it with you when you come.
Ben
Member # 6117

and hey, thats because im cool and not a nerd. that alone is my passport to get past your front door. i am also entitled to a guest. Therefore Lindsay is welcome as well.
Olivetta
Member # 6456

I didn't tell him you volunteered to randomly beat up Phil, BTW. Not that it would have been a good idea, as he has a wide range of concealed weapons(for whhich he has permits) on him at all times.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

[Angst] Olivia, do I want to stay with you? Ben is scaring me... [Wink] [Razz]
Olivetta
Member # 6456

LOL. Phil was this unwanted houseguesst who was leaving his wife after months of fooling around with strippers and stuff. I can't stand the guy, but his wife thought maybe Ron could talk sense into him. He couldn't

But I griped to Ben about it on IM and he jokinggly offered to beat the guy up, pointing out that we could pretend we didn't know Ben, that he just randomly invaded our house and smacked the guy.

It was a joke.

Ask Katie. She'll tell you my house is safe, if somewhat a wreck. [Wink]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Oh, okay, that makes more sense. *wipes forehead*
Ben
Member # 6117

and the mysterious groans and screams from under the floorboards.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Oh, those. We have those here, too. [Wink]
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Yeah, ours usually come from the attic and sound more like muffled curses and falling boxes.
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.